What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1555749537640.jpg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a very late night to bed at 4am up at 9am...so much to do today I wonder if I'll even make a start on any of it...coffee...then more coffee with some breakfast...looks like a beautiful day ahead & I shall be hiding from the full on sun...woke to a 6.2

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I fell off the wagon yesterday, gotta pick myself up and carry on. Started with a hypo yesterday afternoon, I’m thinking the extra energy use and exertion Saturday may have been involved. Then I listened to the carers who insisted shakes weren’t enough I needed to have some food, only option was pizza, took some insulin and had about 5 slices. Blood sugars went up to about 9 (I was surprised it wasn’t 20s) and stayed high all night, until 5 am when I was 4.2 and they insisted on a glass of coke to bring me back up, hit 9 again. At 7am I was 6.9.

753B5482-9BFE-4424-9C10-533EE5B6DD3A.png

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Fasting blood sugars were 4.7 today.

@DJC3 -- No vacation planned unfortunately, but we spend two days in Paris in July and visited a concert by Melody Gardot. Incredible experience and really enjoyed it.

@ianpspurs -- Good luck with your hospital visit this weekend. Hope everything gets fixed and this will be your last visit in a long, long time.
Good wishes much appreciated @ziggy_w. Hopefully be all about ruling out the last potential real nasty. Really miss proper exercising (have tested gently this weekend) critical for coping with using LC as a T2 management tool. I can stick to LC - it was very apparent I was following a very different WOE on my last hospital stay - but my tastes make for a very limited menu and energy in. The exercise is what makes this doable for me - salad is fine but I have to be nagged to eat hot food - lost the taste for meat recently and was never much of a dessert person.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian

The sun is thinking about putting in an appearance, it was lovely yesterday shirt was off and I roasted my **** lol

Are you getting the sun?
Plenty warm here. Not a sunbather but putting in my 250 steps an hour round the garden checking apples, pears and raspberries as I go - proudly sporting my England cricket cap:)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

Didn't eat anything after dinner yesterday then I overslept :sorry: I'll swear I didn't use to get so 'creaky' after the journey, (It's down to about 450 miles now with the road improvements) :hilarious:

@ianpspurs , @jjraak and @DJC3 yes it's difficult to see people who know they have an issue doing so little, even on the level of research, but it could have been me if I hadn't found this site and the informed and supportive people here on this forum :happy:
I think I shall try stealth nagging tactics ;) sending them occasional recipes or links to videos 'since we're all T2D's' :p

Hope your day treats you well :)

Stealth nagging is a good plan.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How good was the cricket
Ben Stokes is from Cumberland

All that fruit mmm mmm
Bumper year for raspberries, blackberries and conference pears - the du comice is still a baby. Far more apples last year but good crop of spartans and a few of my favourite russets. I do take a few bites and discard. Will look for patio versions for the new normal sized garden. Limited variety of apples on those v small stocks and I am selective with apples.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Fasting blood sugars were 4.7 today.

@DJC3 -- No vacation planned unfortunately, but we spend two days in Paris in July and visited a concert by Melody Gardot. Incredible experience and really enjoyed.

I’m sure you’ll benefit from the lack of work related stress just as much as if you’d gone away anyway. A ‘Staycation ‘ can be brilliant

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that not part of all female's dna?:angelic:

Often not so stealthy in my case, full blown sledgehammer approach has sometimes been used I’m afraid when trying to get bits of DIY done in the house!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Often not so stealthy in my case, full blown sledgehammer approach has sometimes been used I’m afraid when trying to get bits of DIY done in the house!
Funnily enough, sledgehammer is my type of DIY despite being the son of the builder of this house. Does mean I never get nagged to do any DIY.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Fens will soon no longer be my base, moving to Breckland. I was born in Cambridge and basically measure everywhere against it but I do love the absurdities of the place - town v gown previously and biotech rich v normies latterly. This list of snippets sums up the area well - Trumpington is definitely well healed but our new nearest branch will be Newmarket (serious money conspicuously displayed). I found this funny as I could either name or put a face to all of them. What am I doing posting here? This kind of article is, for me at least far better, at maintaining my wellbeing (I don't think wellness works) than LC woe.
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/ne...gs-overheard-waitrose-cambridgeshire-16811622

Brilliant link, made me laugh a lot. I don’t think it’s just Cambridge though, and I have to confess a couple of those quotes could have been me!!!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Massive attach of sun; 27 degrees already. Luckily it was out early and back by 12 for lunch. Mrs Miggins has taken the grandchildren home now and left me here to do some “jobs” - I know that the decking needs jet washing and some new curtains hung - apart from that I think she wanted everything in the fridge and freezer using up, wine also I suppose.

So, I will hide indoors until it cools down. The aircon is on (two fans on full blast with bottles of frozen water in front) and a large glass of something with ice in it (ice, sparkling water and a wee wee dash of Cabernet Sauvignon).

No curtain twitching if you are hiding indoors.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@geefull

LOVING the 'sneaky Nagging"..loL
And what great idea.:D

@DJC3 i agree, hard to keep a civil tongue sometimes as @gennepher says :rolleyes:

@dunelm what a super grandad you sound..bet those kids remember you forever.

@PenguinMum
omg..that sounds like the most glorious of days..x

@ianpspurs ..1 out of two ain't bad..;)
and still a good score.

@Krystyna23040 .he's deffo a keeper..:D
great thinking by him..so enjoy the day.

@Bubbsie ..aww mate, that's not good..any real reason
still ya get to join Mc today in his siesta, if ya like..:bag:

@Muddy Cyclist ..i do admire your get up and just go..wish it came in bottles at tesco's

But @karen8967
POST of the DAY.

fb_img_1555749537640-jpg.35220

hahaha..so D**n accurate, to boot..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: