What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We need to do it! Would be great.

t4019.gif
t4021.gif
t4016.gif
t4013.gif

t89105.gif
s0136.gif
s0144.gif
t31081.gif
t31109.gif

t1109.gif
t4602.gif
t1103.gif
h3411.gif
t19127.gif

h14047.gif
t4623.gif
t4624.gif

c0205.gif
c0212.gif

t4008.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am washing anything that moves...

Hope Popeye escaped the washing frenzy!

I love the smell of line dried bed linen too, did you manage to shake off the spiders and earwigs when you brought all the rest in?

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At 7 am a 7.6 greeted me. I tried a second time and it was 7.5, so the delights of the 6’s for fbg are for another day.

I was 6.9 last night when I went to bed, and yesterday was in the 6’s

Not as hot today, but still sun all day and breezes promised, so washing winter blankets today...and any thing that moves until I don’t have any more bushes left to throw washing on.

Last night was lovely sleeping on fresh sun dried bedding. Nothing beats that. It’s a bit of heaven.

Take care.
Enjoy yourselves.
>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope Popeye escaped the washing frenzy!

I love the smell of line dried bed linen too, did you manage to shake off the spiders and earwigs when you brought all the rest in?

Yes he did @DJC3 :)

I only saw one spindly very long legged spider who escaped me. Fortunately no creepy crawly beast stared me in the eyes when I woke up...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I seem to be on a rising fbg wave. 6.0 yesterday and 6.3 today after a few pleasant weeks in the mid 5s. Both evenings I’ve had a choc-attack while watching late films though. It’ll have to stop.
Reading back through posts of the last couple of days @gennepher and @geefull both dining with friends and family who have T2d and yet carry on eating sugar - it is very difficult to watch I know. I don’t understand how, when they have noticed the change in yourselves, they don’t join the dots and make the connection. I find it very frustrating and have to force myself to hold my tongue sometimes, especially if someone eating a big sugary pudding had the cheek to tell me the cheese plate would be ‘bad’ for me! You both did brilliantly.
@ziggy_w it’s lovely to see you back here too, have you got any nice trips planned for the summer break or are you just chilling at home?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes he did @DJC3 :)

I only saw one spindly very long legged spider who escaped me. Fortunately no creepy crawly beast stared me in the eyes when I woke up...

Phew! On both counts
Oh no! Just seen the photo! I’m not going to reply to it as I don’t want to bring it back again. I hate spiders.
Edit to add last sentence

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Looks like it’s going to be another Kentucky fried body day again in the dark and dangerous north. Another 27 degrees, third in a row. Still the roads are clear as everyone hides behind their curtains.

The wonder wheel of water, buckets and swimming pools let rip a 5.6 when I was rudely awakened by the twins, Chaos and Mayhem at 0540.

Just been supervising breakfast as mum and dad have gone home. You need to have multiple arms and eyes all round. It’s a bit like the Mad Hatters Tea Party does Peter Pan in a production of Lord Of The Flies. Anyhow, after rounds of toast (jam, no jam, chocolate spread) and a variety of cereals (without milk - of course) and water drinking bottles filled - Chaos and Mayhem raided the cupboards and gobbled down a couple of carrots.

Have a great day if you can, happy Bank Holiday Monday

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find it very frustrating and have to force myself to hold my tongue sometimes, especially if someone eating a big sugary pudding had the cheek to tell me the cheese plate would be ‘bad’ for me! You both did brilliantly.

Yes @DJC3 I agree. Totally.
I was both speechless, and nearly very vocal at the same moment.
I am finding it harder to hold my tongue.
Thank you.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Yes I have finally found some Wifi! Not much good to say on the FBG front its been 7.2, and 7.0 though did eat two courses at dinner both nights tried to keep it safe as possible. A lot of gin & soda consumed over the two days. @DJC3 I am now a convert, no going back! Saturday we all convened mid day and make our space our own in the shady bit of the courtyard garden (10 of us from all over). Yesterday after breakfast we went to vist Deddington Castle (which wasnt one but great walk), amazing church with oak crosses brough back from the battlefields, the best greengrocer I’ve seen in decades and on to a pottery where there was a fab outside cafe. At this point it got way too hot so three of us headed back to base and the others went to a micro brewery. The 13th century church in our village is one of the finest I’ve seen with the most glorious place of rest under the swaying trees.
Today after breakfast most of us are going to Blenheim Palace before heading home. We have been so blessed with the weather.
Hope you all are having the best weekend. Stay well, stay safe.

PS. @ianpspurs best not to mention either the rugby or the football. One of our party went to extreme ends to get to Banbury to get to White Hart Lane yesterday and returned in the dark...only comment was really sorry now I missed dinner with you all :banghead:
OH was more smug than befits a gooner!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarrisonK great start to the day. @Muddy Cyclist another one with a great start. @karen8967 great to see a not too low, not too high start for you so you too enjoy Bank Holiday. @dunelm as Van Morrison said, these are the days - and I say long may they last. @DJC3 don't sweat the small stuff with rising numbers we both know of the 2 of us you will be fine. @PenguinMum get together sounds joyous but maybe we focus on the cricket aspect of sport. So, in the sunny, flat, erstwhile fruity fens Peter/Rita the on trend transgender meter thought 5.6 would do me. It won't do me as it will only guide me down a long and winding road to nowhere I want to go. I'll wrestle with the insane riddle of how to tame bg but also nourish myself after whatever news the next hospital visit brings and house move. Enjoy the sun/warmth before the unbearable damp, dark and wet sap the will to carry on. Well, you didn't think a Spurs loss would please me did ya?

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Yes I have finally found some Wifi! Not much good to say on the FBG front its been 7.2, and 7.0 though did eat two courses at dinner both nights tried to keep it safe as possible. A lot of gin & soda consumed over the two days. @DJC3 I am now a convert, no going back! Saturday we all convened mid day and make our space our own in the shady bit of the courtyard garden (10 of us from all over). Yesterday after breakfast we went to vist Deddington Castle (which wasnt one but great walk), amazing church with oak crosses brough back from the battlefields, the best greengrocer I’ve seen in decades and on to a pottery where there was a fab outside cafe. At this point it got way too hot so three of us headed back to base and the others went to a micro brewery. The 13th century church in our village is one of the finest I’ve seen with the most glorious place of rest under the swaying trees.
Today after breakfast most of us are going to Blenheim Palace before heading home. We have been so blessed with the weather.
Hope you all are having the best weekend. Stay well, stay safe.

PS. @ianpspurs best not to mention either the rugby or the football. One of our party went to extreme ends to get to Banbury to get to White Hart Lane yesterday and returned in the dark...only comment was really sorry now I missed dinner with you all :banghead:
OH was more smug than befits a gooner!

Glad you’ve discovered the delights of gin and soda. I agree, no going back to tonic water now. You can really taste the gin can’t you?
Your day yesterday sounds absolutely wonderful and I’m so pleased you’ve had the glorious weather too.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

Didn't eat anything after dinner yesterday then I overslept :sorry: I'll swear I didn't use to get so 'creaky' after the journey, (It's down to about 450 miles now with the road improvements) :hilarious:

@ianpspurs , @jjraak and @DJC3 yes it's difficult to see people who know they have an issue doing so little, even on the level of research, but it could have been me if I hadn't found this site and the informed and supportive people here on this forum :happy:
I think I shall try stealth nagging tactics ;) sending them occasional recipes or links to videos 'since we're all T2D's' :p

Hope your day treats you well :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning and as it was 5.1 before bed - no dawn phenomenon this morning.

It's really hot here already and I am planning to plough on and finish my coursework today. Husband insisted I had a day off from coursework yesterday and it was definitely the right thing to do as I feel very relaxed and refreshed this morning.
;

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Fens will soon no longer be my base, moving to Breckland. I was born in Cambridge and basically measure everywhere against it but I do love the absurdities of the place - town v gown previously and biotech rich v normies latterly. This list of snippets sums up the area well - Trumpington is definitely well healed but our new nearest branch will be Newmarket (serious money conspicuously displayed). I found this funny as I could either name or put a face to all of them. What am I doing posting here? This kind of article is, for me at least, far better at maintaining my wellbeing (I don't think wellness works) than LC woe.
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/ne...gs-overheard-waitrose-cambridgeshire-16811622

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Fasting blood sugars were 4.7 today.

@DJC3 -- No vacation planned unfortunately, but we spend two days in Paris in July and visited a concert by Melody Gardot. Incredible experience and really enjoyed it.

@ianpspurs -- Good luck with your hospital visit this weekend. Hope everything gets fixed and this will be your last visit in a long, long time.