1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Happy birthday x

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. karen8967

4.9 for me have good weekend everyone

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Early doors as i've missed a few mornings lately.

BG trending up, 6.0thu 6.2 fri .. 6.4 this am..
    doing a few bits around the house, so while working hard
    i'm not working out, so to speak...is it that lack of proper exercise ?
    who knows.the vagaries of T2..

Madam off to cousins last night, so consoled myself with a 4 pack of beer.
    all to easy to persuade oneself, for 'One more for the Road' ...even when there is NO road..:rolleyes:;)

Major hugs (but Kudos) for @OldButBold ..sorry your off colour still, hope the docs provides some comfort and advise.
    but liking the 'Diary' style..and Miss daisy making THAT comment....hilarious..got to love her.
    Take care, get better soonest.:)

And Oh, Poor @PenguinMum , really has been a turbulent week or two for your FBG
    do hope it starts to treend back to those lovely 5's you so enjoy.

@karen8967 ..went no mans land and hit agree, never sure if under 5 IS a good score,:sorry:.. best of luck for a good day.

And @Muddy Cyclist THAT has the makings of a Superb party in my eyes.
    And sunshine and it ripples out into the garden for a Fete type experience
    and raining, indoors and it's all gathered around a roaring fire, late into the evening...Much joy.

Weather here in the Not so sunny Capital, drizzly and damp..heavy rains expected most of the day.

Have a good un all.
    :)

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    #10503 jjraak, Oct 12, 2019 at 8:31 AM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  4. jjraak

Enjoying the tales of @SaskiaKC , & @gennepher
    Two entirely different systems it seems, with minuses on both sides of the water.
    Do have some knowledge, due to Mum and having to hunt space for her, an awful task.
    trust me, i saw some nice ones, some a bit more 'Meh' and one that brought to mind 'One flew Over the Cuckoos Nest' ..:wideyed:

The alternative , when people can still care for themselves, tend this way to be sheltered housing.
    typically a small estate of low rise or maybe one block.
    serviced like yours, saskia it seems, by wardens (carers) who will do the rounds most days to ensure all are ok.
    Intercoms for assistance, and communal washing machines, driers etc, and a community hall for bingo, a coffee etc.

was lucky my mum & dad enjoyed a nice apartment at theirs before mum got so unwell.
    and laurens fathers has a beautiful, 1st floor flat..so we were or are both blessed.
    ( Typical for here, as @PenguinMum says, strictly NO animals.
    Sadly mum & dad lost their beloved dog a year before the move was offered, doubt they would have
    taken it otherwise...but i was most grateful that they did, took so much pressure off us all ..7th floor tower block, lifts temperamental, too many times both out for day, and on return lifts out of service..an awkward stop over with me or family..not ideal..eventually they limited the trips out, so me & my niece did a lot more of the shopping etc..sure it impacted mums health, now i think of it)

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  5. jjraak

a gentle shout out to @geefull

Not seen any posts since mums dog passed away.
    hope all is well, and your just busy tasking care of mum.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Hello again just had slice of LivLife and tea. Take that meter!
    @OldButBold Lady Penelope without Parker...unthinkable! thanks for the support @ianpspurs @Muddy Cyclist @jjraak its not insurmountable. At least my A1c isnt due till end of Dec, cant decide whether to have it before Christmas but probs will and review in Jan. @Muddy Cyclist happy birthday sounds wonderful enjoy your celebrations. Back to sheltered/seniors housing if they are able to look after a pet they should absolutely be permitted. The best solution to mental health, BP, lonliness, and so many other things. There is a fight on here to keep free tv licences for over 75s what are we doing to our old folks. Anyone relying on state pension should absolutely have it immediately IMO. I would make everyone in the tv industry earning over £100,000 pay a % to cover it.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. karen8967

thanks jjraak x

• Friendly Friendly x 9
  8. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...out to work in London again last night...got home around 00:30 so a relatively early night...couldn't go straight to bed I had to 'wind down' first...feeling slightly wrecked this morning...definitely a day for doing nothing sitting here gently sipping my coffee & watching the rain...a 6.7 on waking not surprising its very difficult to stick to a routine with my current work schedule.

• Hug Hug x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  9. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Good morning everyone on a bright sunny Saturday morning here in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of a day of sub 2hr marathon and lazing about drinking Moffitt had another 5.4 in the store room.

A low armchair has been removed. Transported by Mrs Miggins to our daughter’s house and designated as a “nursing chair” - flash to bang now five weeks. A shower party - good grief - is taking place tomorrow at a venue hiding behind a male focused cloaking device. Still, I get tomorrow afternoon to myself, cloud, golden lining.

Old regiment annual dinner tonight so out with the kiwi polish again for the second time in the last few weeks. Always an evening of mystery and surprises; who has made it another year, how will the seating plan pan out, will my bladder cooperate, how much of each dish can I eat, who will be speaking after dinner.

Big hugs for any who needs them, birthday wishes to @Muddy Cyclist, hope you have a great day.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 6
  10. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Enjoy tonight and all that special comradeship means. Baby showers are all kinds of wrong, alas I fear Julie has yet to see the last of ours. What are gender reveal events all about?

• Like Like x 6
  11. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Could you try getting a blood reading from somewhere other than your fingers because as long as the area is clean I don't suppose it matters :)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. mojo37

Not here in wet old Cardiff lol

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mojo37

Miserable weather here but a lovely sunny number with a 5.7

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  14. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Late visitation today, late get out of bed, in fact late everything.

A delicate 7.7 this morning, one and one's should not indulge in dead cow and proper chip shop chips, my meter was smug and the reading shouted " that will teach you " before vanishing in a cloud of methane.

Well folks today is a snorkel and flipper day in liquid sunny Tilehurst. I hope you all can have an enjoyable day, Mrs J has sorted what is left of my day!

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
  15. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

@jjraak and @PenguinMum thank you for the posts about the elderly housing. How sad about the no-pets rule. I wonder what the "reasoning" (if any) is behind it. The people here who have dogs get to be up and out several times a day, exercise, "fresh" air, sunshine ... and usually there is a neighbor around who will walk your dog if you're unable to sometimes. There is one woman here who takes her cat out for walks on a leash. There is no sense -- and IMO a lot of cruelty -- in forcing an elderly person to give up an elderly pet just to have a roof over their head. Especially when the animal shelters are already so full of unwanted animals. Oh, well, I will never understand man's inhumanity to man. They say animals have no mercy -- well, people "have" it, just so often choose not to apply it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

8.3 this morning after a long night's sleep and a very busy morning. I had barely gotten up and fed the KittenCat when the fire alarm went off out in the hall. We are told to "stay put until further notice," so of course we were all out in the hall -- hastily dressed -- asking each other if it was a real fire somewhere this time. One stairwell smelled like burning toast, the other seemed "all clear." We enjoyed exchanging news, complaints about the illegal sub-lessee in one apartment, and theories as to what ijit could be drunk enough on a Saturday morning to burn the toast this time. At least it wasn't real enough for the sprinklers to come on and flood the floors below!

Finally the alarm went off and we all went back to our apartments. I released the KittenCat from her carrier and realized I hadn't checked my FBG or popped a single pill or even put the coffee on.

So, my FBG lesson learned for today, and to be noted down in my log -- if you get several hours' sleep, awake to fire alarms, rush around crating the cat and pulling on some clothes and getting your keys, chat with your neighbors up and down the hall, and THEN, an hour later, check FBG, said FBG will be high.

Now, pills taken, breakfast and coffee enjoyed, "false alarm" mumbled over the intercom which won't have been heard -- or understood -- by 90% of the tenants, and KittenCat sleeping off the excitement in my lap ...

[​IMG]

• Hug Hug x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  18. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Good gracious @SaskiaKC what a start to the day. Just glad it was a false alarm! The catch up with neighbours was a positive and well done for crating KC securely (unlike me with Bobs!!) and temembering your keys in the rush. No wonder your BG was high but it wasnt a true result. Regarding old folks having to give up their cats and dogs when they go into care there is a TV prog running for years here about Battersea Dogs (mostly) & Cats Home in London. They regularly show older animals available for adoption that have been separated from their elderly companions and those poor creatures always appear depressed, sad and just upset. You can only imagine how the owners are feeling. My SIL in Ireland works in a Care Home and they have two live in Golden Retrievers who visit the residents in the afternoons. She says it is their favourite part of the day and no wonder.
    Hope you and the KC have a restful rest of day :cat:

• Friendly x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Hug x 1
  19. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Well...the BBC weather app that promised me sun all of today...it lied

upload_2019-10-12_18-51-40.gif

And my washing got wetter...

• Hug Hug x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
  20. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

That's horrible, @gennepher . The local weather service promised us two days of badly needed rain this past week. I think we got a few minutes of rain. :(

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook