What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The site seems to be running incredibly slowly this morning...anyone else have the same probem

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I don't know if or where this will appear as the site is not working properly for me today. FBG was 5.2 which is about as biege as I'm going to get right now. Serious accident yesterday at a crossroads on the edge of our village- one of many over the years https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-50426748 thoughts and prayers with all involed

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1573807914936.jpg

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarryBeau are you feeling any better? Can you have a quiet day tomo?
Hi PM had so much difficulty getting on here this morning...cold/cough is full on at the moment hoping it has come to its zenith now...so hopefully I'll be feeling the effects less...taking the meds/cold cures & another day at home lounging on the soafa and doing things just for moi:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, ssssslllllloooooooowwwwnnnessss and dddrrraaaaaaaggging - best go back to bed and then get back up again.

The wonder wheel of not quite the spicy curry we expected gave a shiny and bright 4.7 this am - not one grain of rice. Still a nice donation the The Gurkha Welfare Trust from the whip round afterwards.

Mrs Miggins is up in the attic sorting out just how many Christmas gifts have already accumulated throughout the year before assigning more pennies to the pot. Unused cards are also emerging and muttering of overseas postage has been heard.

I try and keep a low profile during these sort of annual procedures, not coming from a family that indulges in such things. However, we do keep things fairly minimal; a few treats for the grandchildren and one seasonal gift for grown ups. Whatever happened to a stocking with an apple, orange, a few nuts and a couple of shiny coins. My dad always managed to get new sixpence and thruppeny bits from the bank - or was it vinegar?

Have a wonderful day if you can the short weekend is upon us (long ones available for all survivors past the age of retirement)

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Caught up! @Muddy Cyclist can you get your trumpet out and give me a fanfare!!! And bring your bike, I need a lift home!!! Feel I've run a marathon and taken 1st prize!!!
What you like sitting on the cross bar? Take me awhile to peddle up to your neck of the woods, you might be late home.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A very late Good Morning although I have been up since 5 am. Hung on before posting until I could get my HbA1c test results after yesterday's blood giving. So it's gone down BUT NOT ENOUGH to 42 so still have some serious work to do, need to get rid of those many 6's on a daily basis. Back to the drawing board.

Today's readings are a typical example of my morning readings after 12 hour fasts. 5.5 on getting up, breakfast today Scrambled egg, smoked salmon, yogurt and seeds, then a 6.9 or 6.5 depending on what finger you believe. This is obviously pushing the 12 week averages up.

Great to see the thread move on so fast although hard to keep up with so much news and chat.

So because I have granddaughter to keep me occupied please accept my humble apologise in taking the easy option out and doing a global hugs for all needing them, joy to all those with great numbers and good news, get well all who are under the weather, enjoy the nice things you are doing today, tolerate the horrible things.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very late Good Morning although I have been up since 5 am. Hung on before posting until I could get my HbA1c test results after yesterday's blood giving. So it's gone down BUT NOT ENOUGH to 42 so still have some serious work to do, need to get rid of those many 6's on a daily basis. Back to the drawing board.

Sorry @Muddy Cyclist easy to hear the disappointment in your post.

I think my take on it is.

It's still downwards.
AND
the illness crept up over many years, 1 point at a time probably,
so expunging the toxins, takes as long as it takes, for some that's quick, for others less so

I was slightly disappointed at my last one, until i took a good look at it.

i had two stonking holidays where LCHF sort of got kicked to the curb ever so slightly

i don't fast for days on end, i do try and only eat one proper meal a day (not always do-able)
AND i have found that internally, i HAVE changed over time.

Food...some of what I used to lust over, i no longer get bothered by, and some of what i would think :***:
has now become a regular in my fridge, and so it goes on.

My tastes have changed over time, not over night
so have my bloods and all other metrics.

my appetite has totally revamped itself now, that i feel like i have had an Exorcist in to vanquish that Hunger beast that lurked within
Now the best the beast can be called is 'Peckish.'...:hilarious::hilarious:

So while i said in an earlier post i don't envy the 3.0 or 4.0 stars of LCHF, because that is not me.

I now think the HBA1c number while important, is not a race for ME to be a low as possible as soon as possible, it's to keep the number as close to normal as is practical for me, my concerns & my life style.

and I've been at this 15 months and some changes have been recent...so i'm very happy so far

After all there is NO Podium finish or medals at then end.;)

Not sure if i read it here, but would anyone KNOW their BG level from pre DX or their HBA1c ?
No, i doubt anyone would.

yet we all (me included) stress over the numbers not being 'Good' enough as if we are some sort of machine and our tolerance is the same across our species.

I don't want or need low 30's for MY HBA1c..i just want to them to be as healthy as possible for as long as possible while letting me live my life as normally as possible.

Tl;Dr.

Numbers are GOOD.
down is Good.
next ones will be even better.
It's a marathon not a sprint.

You seem to have a beautiful life, go enjoy it. :)

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spent an age trying to get on this morning, anyway, 5.9 was my number.

Had an early appointment with the nurse for my annual 'fat matey weighty' session. Now she has all my records right there and proceeds to tell me I must eat 3 times a day and include a wide range of fruit. I laughed, in fact, I found it hard to stop. Even when I told her I was T2 she insisted she was right and that I should consider porridge for breakfast. I bowed out gracefully but I was fuming.

I know my weight hasn't really dropped, and I know it may be due to the steroids I have to take. I do my best with what I have. It's Friday so... do whatever :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Today's readings are a typical example of my morning readings after 12 hour fasts. 5.5 on getting up, breakfast today Scrambled egg, smoked salmon, yogurt and seeds, then a 6.9 or 6.5 depending on what finger you believe. This is obviously pushing the 12 week averages up.

Great to see the thread move on so fast although hard to keep up with so much news and chat.

So because I have granddaughter to keep me occupied please accept my humble apologise in taking the easy option out and doing a global hugs for all needing them, joy to all those with great numbers and good news, get well all who are under the weather, enjoy the nice things you are doing today, tolerate the horrible things.
So you are at the magic 42 level after 6 months? - all good. Don't take it so hard deary ™ Lionel Blue

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Had an early appointment with the nurse for my annual 'fat matey weighty' session. Now she has all my records right there and proceeds to tell me I must eat 3 times a day and include a wide range of fruit. I laughed, in fact, I found it hard to stop. Even when I told her I was T2 she insisted she was right and that I should consider porridge for breakfast. I bowed out gracefully but I was fuming.

I know my weight hasn't really dropped, and I know it may be due to the steroids I have to take. I do my best with what I have. It's Friday so... do whatever :)

sad that the evidence in front of many is totally dismissed for the Dogma of What they 'KNOW'..

Doing well @OldButBold

Long may it continue, my friend.:)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BUT NOT ENOUGH to 42
That good enough for this review MC its down & you've made progress I have never got down to 42 and I've been at this for almost three and a half years...I have more carbs than some here I don't do as much exercise as I used to however I am okay as long as I know I'm doing as much as I can...we need to be realistic about how fast we can reduce those BG's...you did fine honestly.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Love the attitude to nursey's strictures and from my limited aquaintance with steroids you have my full sympathy. From everything you post you are doing all you can. Hang tough.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bowed out gracefully but I was fuming.
Ignore her OBB frustrating I know but we have to pick our battles carefully & come the day our HCP's have to discuss our conditions with us & accept we know how to look after ourselves...I'd love to see her reaction...cheer yourself up get that bin out even if it's not bin day that always seems to create a frisson of excitement among us:D:D:D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think my take on it is.
Thanks and that's a good take on things.

Yes I am disappointed at this moment in time but be assured I'm not going to dwell on it just keep chipping away, like you say my life is full and enjoyed and I intend to keep doing that as long as I can. Disappointment temporary!

I may be one of the few who did know my HbA1c back in 2014, apparently it was 49 at my 65 year of age MOT. The good old NHS failed to point out what this meant or give me any amber warnings and so for 5 years I over indulged, put on weight and thought everything happening healthwise was my Fibromyalgia, heaven knows what my blood glucose readings where over that 5 years, very high I suspect.

Thanks to forum members like yourself all gets put into perspective, brilliant!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, but the time is just on the cusp of being Afternoon.
HbA1c results.
I got mine earlier this week, a good for me 52, down from 55 in March. Now 52 is a a horrific number according to some who inhabit this thread. As always people need to reign in and look at the bigger picture
I take a huge amount of drugs every morning and every evening, amongst those drugs are steriods, prednisolone 10mg and two types of anti-rejection drugs very rare and very nasty, but they keep me alive.
Serious doctors are aware of the complex interaction and make adjustments accordingly, the rest unfortunately get taken to task bluntly.

If we eat sensibly according to our bodies needs and complex body chemistry then in theory our levels should be acceptable to the medical profession and we can perform our daily tasks without feeling hungry and or tired.

Lecture over.

A nice 9.2 for me this morning, I know why it was that level, but it is still below 10, which is ok for me.

Well folks enjoy what is left of this cold, but lovely day, all days are good, some better than others and the best ones are with my friends, other me's, pals chaos and mayhem out and about having fun.
Now get out there and enjoy yourselves.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

It’s going down so happy days

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist