What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Spent an age trying to get on this morning, anyway, 5.9 was my number.

Had an early appointment with the nurse for my annual 'fat matey weighty' session. Now she has all my records right there and proceeds to tell me I must eat 3 times a day and include a wide range of fruit. I laughed, in fact, I found it hard to stop. Even when I told her I was T2 she insisted she was right and that I should consider porridge for breakfast. I bowed out gracefully but I was fuming.

I know my weight hasn't really dropped, and I know it may be due to the steroids I have to take. I do my best with what I have. It's Friday so... do whatever :)
Bless - I wonder if they will ever introduce the idea of update courses for prefessional development in the NHS? I trained on a Lee Enfield 0.303 when I first joined the army - but - and luckily for me - when new stuff appeared, I was taught to use it.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...aching snotty & coughing but apart from that still in one piece...the dining table is littered with Jakemans Throat & Chest menthol (empty) sweets wrappers.. the Beechams Vicks menthol inhaler & Fishermans Friends Lozenges are close to hand...day two of the lurgi & its in full flow (hope that wasn't too graphic) hopefully that means will start to ease off by tomorrow...the waft of menthol eucalyptus & Vicks Vapour Rub pervades the air...woke to a 6.4 I'm grateful for that after so much sugar in my cough/cold cure remedies...more comfort food & lots of curling up on the sofa.

t2505.gif
t1912.gif
t4130.gif
t2239.gif
m19024.gif

t4445.gif
t4449.gif
t4407.gif
t4428.gif
t4413.gif

t4622.gif

Reactions: mojo37

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night - spotted one of those adverts that some folk have mentioned - still...

upload_2019-11-15_13-31-4.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
site seems to be back up, now

a pleasant 5.6 for Moi this morning...:)

a dull grey day here in the Capital.

Hope your all ok, wherever you are.

just off to cook breakfast, white pudding, Irish sausages, mushrooms, tomatoe 2 eggs, BIG cup of Tea..Yum..:D

That sounds like a delicious, nourishing breakfast. I want to try it. What is white pudding please? :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Late posting because my internet speed dropped to under 1 mbps making it almost impossible to log onto websites.

Was 5.1. Yesterday, was 4 before dinner. So still having really good BS. Today it is bitterly cold here in the East.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, it was very slow late last night here, morning there. All better here now though. As I hope you soon will be! :)
I couldn't get on the site this morning and thought it was just my ultra slow internet speed.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You were spared the pain of not being able to get on the site earlier, I thought at first the place was under a DDOS attack but all is well again ;)
I did try to log on this morning but gave up. Then tried to order some paper from another site and it took me half an hour because I kept losing the connection to the internet when I got to the payment stage.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...aching snotty & coughing but apart from that still in one piece...the dining table is littered with Jakemans Throat & Chest menthol (empty) sweets wrappers.. the Beechams Vicks menthol inhaler & Fishermans Friends Lozenges are close to hand...day two of the lurgi & its in full flow (hope that wasn't too graphic) hopefully that means will start to ease off by tomorrow...the waft of menthol eucalyptus & Vicks Vapour Rub pervades the air...woke to a 6.4 I'm grateful for that after so much sugar in my cough/cold cure remedies...more comfort food & lots of curling up on the sofa.
Hope you feel better very soon. Curling up on the sofa in the warm is definitely the best thing to do.

Reactions: HarryBeau