What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

was 4.7 yesterday and 4.2 today

we've had a busy week all things considered, after our visit from my brother +SIL and his Pudsey spotty car on Sunday we took mum out for lunch on Monday.

Mum bought a newspaper afterwards and elected to sit in the car whilst mr gee and I went in search of cauliflower in Asda on the way back home ;)

10 mins. later out we came, cauli's in hand and mum asked 'casually' ( but not very :hilarious:)," how far is Inverurie?"
Turns out Inverurie was several phone calls and an almost 9 hour round trip down the A9/A96 away on Wednesday which mr gee and I undertook in the lashing down rain and horrible traffic. Worth it really though

View attachment 36768

This is Katy - mum's new puppy, she's a miniature poodle :joyful:

Hope your day treats you well :)

Awww ... she is darling! :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. :) The KittenCat and I went back to bed after breakfast and I had a dream that took some time to recover from, not a nightmare, just one of my very vivid wandering-around dreams. At least in this one there was a very helpful handsome librarian! :D
Thats good to hear...dreams can be amazing, good news about the handsome librarian! Has the KC’s fur started to grow back? Yesterday and today Bobs and Daisy havent gone out (apart from first thing for essentials) and seem to be hibernating. I hope that doesnt mean they will be sparky when they are shut up for the night!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats good to hear...dreams can be amazing, good news about the handsome librarian! Has the KC’s fur started to grow back? Yesterday and today Bobs and Daisy havent gone out (apart from first thing for essentials) and seem to be hibernating. I hope that doesnt mean they will be sparky when they are shut up for the night!

I hope not!
Yesterday morning the KittenCat woke me up meowing for breakfast. When I ignored her (didn't even turn over or open my eyes to acknowledge her), she jumped up onto the bed and MEOWED very LOUD right in my ear!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just saw this on another board -- wanted to share --

img_2219.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
F0665D27-B5A3-4BBA-8EE1-51B90C422697.jpeg
Just checking in and a couple of VIPs missing! @gennepher and @SaskiaKC hope all is well with each of you and your furry friends.

Hi @PenguinMum
I am doing okay, just couldn’t get in on the site the other day.
Then my internet was down.
Thank you for thinking of us!
Popeye and I are both in bed keeping warm.

Popeye makes tunnels in the fleece blankets on my bed.
And he is down this hole snug as a bug in my fleece blankets...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there something going on in the U.K. I don't know about or am just out of touch? Mrs MC thought we should make use of some vouchers as she needed some new undies and today was last day so we ventured out to a local shopping precinct which we have not done on a Saturday for many years. I thought people were feeling the financial pinch in the U.K., it was unbelievable how busy it was , parking a nightmare, long lines of people with trolleys full of clothes, household items at every till, I counted 100 waiting to be served at M&S, other stores were as bad, PC world packed solid, is this the usual way people spend their Saturdays? Certainly no signs of financial hardship.

Just out of interest it was impossible to eat anything low carb at M&S cafe, Mrs MC tried but could not even get them to do sausage and bacon without the bun and breakfast finishes at 11 am so had too waste the bun.

However my pre evening BG reading is 5.3.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there something going on in the U.K. I don't know about or am just out of touch? Mrs MC thought we should make use of some vouchers as she needed some new undies and today was last day so we ventured out to a local shopping precinct which we have not done on a Saturday for many years. I thought people were feeling the financial pinch in the U.K., it was unbelievable how busy it was , parking a nightmare, long lines of people with trolleys full of clothes, household items at every till, I counted 100 waiting to be served at M&S, other stores were as bad, PC world packed solid, is the usual way people spend their Saturdays, no signs of financial hardship.

Just out of interest it was impossible to eat anything low carb at M&S cafe, Mrs MC tried but could not even get them to do sausage and bacon without the bun and breakfast finishes at 11 am so had too waste the bun.

However my pre evening BG reading is 5.3.

images

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum I'm sorry I forgot to report an update on the KittenCat's fur. It hasn't started growing back yet, and now I occasionally find her licking it, which I stop. I am going to take her in to the vet on Monday. It may just be starting to itch, healing, but I don't want her licking it. :(

@Muddy Cyclist the UK Saturday spending sounds about like the US -- especially on Sundays at my local shopping center. I think that as long as the world has credit cards it will continue to spend "money." But it does keep some of the actual brick-and-mortar stores open instead of closing them in favor of website-only shopping.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, but the time is just on the cusp of being Afternoon.
HbA1c results.
I got mine earlier this week, a good for me 52, down from 55 in March. Now 52 is a a horrific number according to some who inhabit this thread. As always people need to reign in and look at the bigger picture
I take a huge amount of drugs every morning and every evening, amongst those drugs are steriods, prednisolone 10mg and two types of anti-rejection drugs very rare and very nasty, but they keep me alive.
Serious doctors are aware of the complex interaction and make adjustments accordingly, the rest unfortunately get taken to task bluntly.

If we eat sensibly according to our bodies needs and complex body chemistry then in theory our levels should be acceptable to the medical profession and we can perform our daily tasks without feeling hungry and or tired.

Lecture over.

A nice 9.2 for me this morning, I know why it was that level, but it is still below 10, which is ok for me.

Well folks enjoy what is left of this cold, but lovely day, all days are good, some better than others and the best ones are with my friends, other me's, pals chaos and mayhem out and about having fun.
Now get out there and enjoy yourselves.
ABSOLUTE WINNER - GREAT SCORE

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 2nd Sunday before advent and I'm laying on a sunbed beside a pool in Pathos/Pafos. 5.3 fbg today trying to work out the time earlier was a nightmare - fitbit still on uk time, room blacked out and phone elsewhere. I didn't want to wake Julie. As if by magic my body woke me at about 5.00 am here. Found the nightlight button by my bed, located bathroom, tested, dressed and headed off for some tea - asked at reception for almond milk in our room - forgot to email that. Odd experience with Christmas tree, full decs all over, me and other folks roaming around in shorts and pool slides. Enjoy your day. For Bake Off fans sat in front of Paul Hollywood on the flight out - had to google him but Julie was aware of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning, 5.7 greets me today but at least I managed to stay in bed until almost 6 am.

Day of music, well at least from 1400 onwards.

@ianpspurs sound good to me, sunshine, warmth, all good for lifting ones spirits, enjoy.

Have the best day you can one and all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...day 5 & I'm feeling slightly better this morning...certainly better than yesterday so that's progress...still pretty snotty & achy but up & about at 5am...could taste my coffee today & have a little appetite:)...heating is full on have work tomorrow so need to stop make sure my working week starts on a good note...again no idea how with all the syrupy remedies I've taken woke to a 5.8

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning but I am in a good mood so I don't care. Fascinating dream of being in space and I would have liked to have continued it but my body had other plans.
Thanks @OldButBold now your post for some reason has firmly entrenched the song 'I'm the Urban Spaceman' into my mind, that's a blast from the past, and I can't make it go away! Still it's good to know you are feeling chippa.

@HarryBeau I hope you continue to improve through today, take it easy.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 today at 6am

Just been meditating

Drinking black coffee

Still under electric blanket

I have some computer paperwork to do

But my real paper paperwork is still in huge piles

Yes I was procrastinating from the other day and still am, but I got every room tidied and cleaned and even the wooden floors polished...