What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! Your household is well organised, our Christmas stuff stays firmly in the loft until the day we decide 'Let's do it' causing much panic looking for batteries and purchasing yet another set of tree lights that have failed, what ever happened to tree lights that lasted a life time?
Love the new picture, one of yours?.
Mrs Miggins is very organised - all gifts already wrapped and put away also. Mind you, she suffers from restless leg syndrome so is on the go all the time.
No idea where that picture came from but I didn’t take it. Found in the image folder on my IPad mixed in with a bunch of other images in a folder entitled “Norway 2018” - who knows? The Pixar fairies?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to add the accident on the edge of my village resulted in 1 fatality - a woman in her 80s. The mini bus was full of people aged 60-80. Maybe now action will be taken. Rather like diabetes advice why does it take something so tragic to stir the powers that be?
We saw the report on the accident on Look East. Really dreadful that nothing was done about it when accidents first started to happen at the junction.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who stopped taking any interest in the media.

A hmmmm 5.6 for me and me's this morning. I'm watching this new meter closely, I'm being to think it's as devious as the old one.

Well folks we have a motorbiking friend and his wife down for the weekend, they live in the dark and dangerous norf. A riotous weekend is on the cards hehehehe
Be good folks, well somebody has to be cos me, me's won't.
Must go chaos and mayhem have just arrived.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.9 after a wonderful family evening celebrating youngest son’s birthday. A bit too much Cremant de Loire (wine always affects my bg) and slice of choc olive oil cake but not too shabby for a night of indulgence.
@ianpspurs safe travels and enjoy yourselves. A bit of winter sun never did anyone any harm. @HarryBeau so sorry you are still in a state. Hope it packs up or at least improves pronto. @Muddy Cyclist sounds like you had a similar evening to me, it fills your heart doesnt it. @mojo37 keep going you will get there, trials and tribulations on the way. @dunelm love the pic of Whitby.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe (all of you travelling today).

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.9 for me today too snap @PenguinMum . I’m so glad your son’s birthday celebration went well. I was hoping for lower this morning after fish last night but like you say it might be the white wine ( and the gin! ) pushing it up slightly.
Hugs for you @HarryBeau I hope you start to feel better soon.
@alf_Josiah I’m glad your HbA1c was good and you are still fit and healthy with all the extra complications you have to deal with.
@Krystyna23040 I hope your big coat kept you warm on your dog walk - I had to ‘double sock’ yesterday to keep my toes from freezing inside my wellies.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

was 4.7 yesterday and 4.2 today

we've had a busy week all things considered, after our visit from my brother +SIL and his Pudsey spotty car on Sunday we took mum out for lunch on Monday.

Mum bought a newspaper afterwards and elected to sit in the car whilst mr gee and I went in search of cauliflower in Asda on the way back home ;)

10 mins. later out we came, cauli's in hand and mum asked 'casually' ( but not very :hilarious:)," how far is Inverurie?"
Turns out Inverurie was several phone calls and an almost 9 hour round trip down the A9/A96 away on Wednesday which mr gee and I undertook in the lashing down rain and horrible traffic. Worth it really though

upload_2019-11-16_9-42-27.jpeg

This is Katy - mum's new puppy, she's a miniature poodle :joyful:

Hope your day treats you well :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A surprisingly good reading of 5.7 even though I had over indulged in all things comforting carbwise . The vagaries of this condition eh .

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
. @Muddy Cyclist sounds like you had a similar evening to me, it fills your heart doesnt it.
It sure does PM. My son loves cooking and goes out of his way to meet my LCHF diet and every meal we have with him my BG is in the low 5s after and stays low over the night fast, nothing different to when at home food wise so it must be the company, contentment or maybe the gin that works wonders.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @ianpspurs , may your travels be safe and speedy... Enjoy the break, my friend.

And @PenguinMum & @Muddy Cyclist
Good food, good company and the bonhomie
Plus a little social lubricant, does seem an ideal way to pass a pleasant hour or five..:D

And @geefull , not a lover of the small dog normally, but she is gorgeous, such a nice little story as well.. Think she going to be much loved by all.

@HarryBeau , hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

And I second the motion @alf_Josiah
Doing remarkable stuff, keeping those numbers in line.

Good luck all, in whatever you're doing today.
Be safe, be warm, be loved....:)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A long lie in this AM.. Awake about a couple of hours now.

I too partook of a family celebration last night.
Laurens cousin..( more like a little sister) had her kids organise a suprise 50th birthday for her.

A Splendid night, Birthday girl looked suitable shocked & surprised.

A little too much of the golden nectar here I fear, no Guinness available, so pleasantly surprised when we got home for the meter only showing 6.2 on the Richter scale before bed.
And this morning's 5.7, was a nice touch too (thank you Mr Liver)

A lovely family event that i truly enjoyed.
Long may they continue.:happy:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull Katy is the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen!
@jjraak the surprise party sounds like a real success. I agree, family get togethers are the absolute best thing.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Krystyna23040 I hope you enjoyed your dog walk and kept warm. Your last line did have me laughing -- at myself -- I had been picturing a really big dog coat that would layer over other dog coats to keep your bigger dog warm. :D

@HarryBeau Big hug in hopes you will soon feel better. Cheer for the FBG number. Virtual hot tea and real sympathy for you.

@Muddy Cyclist Good question about the tree lights. The ones I grew up with lasted until .... well, until I grew up. So at least about 20 years. In recent years I've been lucky if they lasted through one Christmas. Last year I bought a little tree that came with its own string of lights. Hopefully they will still be working when I take it out of its box sometime around Midwinter.

@dunelm I think you should write a screenplay for another sequel to Toy Story. I loved the images conjured up by your own toy story. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just checking in and a couple of VIPs missing! @gennepher and @SaskiaKC hope all is well with each of you and your furry friends.

Thank you. :) The KittenCat and I went back to bed after breakfast and I had a dream that took some time to recover from, not a nightmare, just one of my very vivid wandering-around dreams. At least in this one there was a very helpful handsome librarian! :D