What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good day, everyone. :) An even 7 this morning, better than recent mornings' numbers; I am giving credit to the chicken and broccoli I had for my snack last night.

I now qualify for free delivery of groceries from Whole Foods, thanks to Amazon Prime, so later today I will be visiting my local WF to see what their groceries look like in person (and to see if they have any gingerbread).

@ianpspurs Thank you. I agree that Psalm 62 is very timely today. The KittenCat sends purrrrrrrrrrs.
^. .^ :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:)

I used to make my own pikelets @SaskiaKC when I had a cast iron griddle many decades (!) ago. I used to make drop scones as well.

I am unable to even lift a cast iron griddle now...

I have a cast iron skillet that is probably close to 100 years old. I have not used it in ages -- too heavy, too hard to wash -- it lives in the cupboard underneath the lighter, modern pans that I rarely use nowadays. My mother used to make drop biscuits (similar to scones) and I have done the same, but we baked them in the oven. Delicious! :)

I have never seen crumpets here, but we do have 2 kinds of muffins. --

"English" muffins, so called because they were invented by an expat Englishman

recipe_11195_860170797.jpg

and [presumably "American"] muffins

Basic-Muffin-Recipe-Image-735x735.jpg

which Mama used to bake and which I have always pictured the Muffin Man selling in Drury Lane.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. I am really downhearted today with a 6.5 after another careful day of food culminating with an omelette. I do have stressful situation atm and wish my bg could give me a break. Went to the solor to update my will yesterday and we got onto the need to make Powers of Attorney. I know it makes sense but Hells Bells!
Tomorrow I have my next eye injection to look forward after the last one went so spectacularly wrong. Alright I’ll stop moaning now. At least am going to see No 1 son next week.
Have a great Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Oh, poor PenguinMum, I am sorry to hear you are downhearted. Sending a big hug and purrs your way, and I wish the KittenCat and I could make it all better for you. Unfortunately it seems that BGs have no idea about comforting and uplifting but only reflect what's going on, and sometimes they don't even bother to do that accurately. We might as well try herding mosquitoes.

m0778.gif
t4209.gif
p0510.gif
t4617.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Random reading @ 3.30 after big breakfast ( including champagne, 2 mini croissants with plenty of butter + CWC) and lounging by the pool - 4.6. See post

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. I am really downhearted today with a 6.5 after another careful day of food culminating with an omelette. I do have stressful situation atm and wish my bg could give me a break. Went to the solor to update my will yesterday and we got onto the need to make Powers of Attorney. I know it makes sense but Hells Bells!
Tomorrow I have my next eye injection to look forward after the last one went so spectacularly wrong. Alright I’ll stop moaning now. At least am going to see No 1 son next week.
Have a great Thursday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Not surprised that your fbs is higher than it should be. Hope your eye injection goes better than last time. You are definitely not moaning - just feeling a bit stressed which is totally understandable.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning.

Superfast fibre broadband is now up and running. It is truly amazingly fast. Openreach Engineer was brilliant and so was BT customer service.
I am waiting to see if we all get it for free - perhaps in the year 2525 - if man is still alive, if woman can survive.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Perfect summary of much of my working life (outside of the classroom) right here - probs why I ended up with T2 (took me forever to track down the singer/group since the song just appeared on an old iPod shuffle).

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Perfect summary of much of my working life right here - probs why I ended up with T2 (took me forever to track down the singer/group since the song just appeared on an old iPod shuffle).

An amusing little song.
I'm guessing the ladies name was an additional reason for the original download ... Nice touch.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning.

Superfast fibre broadband is now up and running. It is truly amazingly fast. Openreach Engineer was brilliant and so was BT customer service.

Can you ask them to turn it down a notch..?
That just whizzed across my monitor and off the screen the other side..:wideyed::***:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Check this out folks. Its heartwarming to read, and bob on! Things are moving.

https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/

Yesterday went well. Talked about my journey, took lots of visuals. Pouring sugar equivalent to breakfast, lunch and dinner pre diagnosis. Eye boggling. Bottles of drinks with equivalent sugars. Innocent was the worst!!! Gave out Eric's homemade peanut butter cookies which went down a treat (literally).

Sad news though. The 2 people who run it are retiring due to ill health sadly. The thing that made them decide was diabetes.org.uk who are behind it have contacted them. Its voluntary work but they now need to apply for their roles, need 2 references and police checks. Been running it for years. But they said the pressure to fundraise hasn't helped. DUK revolve around donations. Not sure what they ate doing with the money, not a lot as far as I can see. The lady who runs it has also ignored their guidelines and reduced her weight and insulin by going low carb. The gentleman has also reduced weight. Also low carb. They know why I wont apply for the role!!! Not a sniff. I did say I would be interested in.using the room which is free for a low carb group. So currently checking that out. I already hold a monthly support clinic at my surgery and dont want to over commit. I kind of lovd being 'freelance'. Doing what I want when I want.

Today and tomorrow is granddaughter day. Magic moment today. We watched Frozen together. She is just 3 and understood everything. We laughed and cried together. Love it.

Tonight me and Eric going to his infant and junior school. They are opening the doors to.allow old (!!!) Pupils back. Pet shop boys Chris Lowe went so I'm taking my autograph book. And my diabetes leaflets of course!! Done a stack to hand out on Monday.

Getting behind on forum. I seem to be addicted to Twitter@!!

Hope all ok with everyone.

Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter @dunelm.

Attachments

• 20191120_130209_resized-1.jpg
    20191120_130209_resized-1.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20191120_203730_resized-1.jpg
    20191120_203730_resized-1.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20191120_203928_resized-1.jpg
    20191120_203928_resized-1.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 94

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am waiting to see if we all get it for free - perhaps in the year 2525 - if man is still alive, if woman can survive.
Of course - how silly of me - I should have waited for free fibre broadband. Although it would have been so expensive to wait that long because if I had to endure the superslow broadband very much longer I would have had a hissy fit and thrown the computer out of the window.