What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.1 on the dice, probably fake news. Eye test today so sunglasses and Roy Orbison impressions to follow for the rest of the day or at least until the wife gets so fed up with them that she shouts at me.

Have a lovely weekend all, hugs to those that need them, but just virtual ones because I am full of chronic manflu, (but being very brave about it).
Now, if you can sing like Mr Orbison I'm sure our folk band will sign you up, when can you start? On second thoughts wait till man flu gone.

Hope eye test goes well and admiration for your braving the man flu, such a horrid thing.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today. It’s a 5 at least and going in the right direction so all good.
A very wild and windy night here made it difficult to sleep, I do like a bit of weather but it’s getting ridiculous!
@ianpspurs there are plenty of papers to back up your assumption. I think finger prick testing is probably more believable.
@PenguinMum that’s a harsh response to those tiny spuds, what a shame. I had a horrible shock after lamb stew the other night, just a few chunks of carrot and swede and got the biggest spike I’ve seen for 2 years!
@gennepher I love your spellcheck version of fbg - how appropriate.
@SaskiaKC I agree this is a minefield we all have to pick our own way through. I really appreciate people sharing their own ways as I can get ideas and tweak my little world a bit. Some things I’ve tried have worked but others have not been sustainable so I’ve moved swiftly on. There is definitely no ‘one size fits all’ here.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HbA1c came back as 40 - can't lie and say that is good or pleasing. Very different from finger prick tests and last 4 lab results have incrementally risen from 5.5 to 5.8 since June 2018 when I started fasts and weight dipped to 72.4 kgs , yesterday was 73 kgs, Good news is cholesterol and ratios thereof good and everything normal. Unfortunately, this is a diabetes forum which believes in LC for management and I am obviously failing. Working smarter may be the way forward but this has become a very difficult woe for me.
A bit disappointing for you but I suspect your recent drug regime may contain a saboteur.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, and a pleasant Saturday to you all.

The wonder wheel of a night of up and downs, finally giving in to tea and koffy at 0530 fought back with an objectionable 6.1

I have though, at long last, finished my book, A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole - a totally bonkers ride through 1960’s New Orleans.
So, the book mark is now residing in the forward of Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult, a novel about prejudice and power. Sounds heavy and there are lots of pages so I hope that the font is quite large.

Boris is visiting the NE today at some point so I am keeping a low profile as he works around the clock to make the country better for us with warmth and positive feelings and other stuff.

Have a great day if you can and I hope that your local MP’s will now pull their fingers out and actually begin to do some work.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening, normal greetings will be resumed when this malady clears it's self up and disappears to foreign regions.

A young 7.6 for me this morning, it's amazing how feeling off colour and strange to you medications can effect your biological systems, I discount my blood sugars when I am orf colour from my long term monitoring.

Well folks I have no idea about your plans for today, but I will ask that you go for broke and bark at the postman, be nice to a traffic warden and finally visit a Santa's grotto getting yourself a present by telling him ( other genders available from all good Anne Winters shops ) you have been good all year.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...I'm now using my wireless keyboard its taking a while to get used to it so just ignore the typos...despite a quick pit stop at 05:30 went back to bed & not up until 08:30...feeling absolutely shattered it may sound odd but looking after Charlie & Lola has been a constant round of up & down the stairs...three meals a day...the last of their medication & endless changes of the litter bin but loving every minute of it...they have been confined to the bedroom now letting them out into the house...hugs to @muddycyclist & @trick60 such an unsettling time when our nearest & dearest are unwell...hugs for all who need them difficult to catch up on all the posts...woke to a 6.5 lack of routine lately...a little Charlie & Lola for Saturday morning

Attachments

• charlie & Lola small.JPG
    charlie & Lola small.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Lola small.JPG
    Lola small.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 195
  • charlie small.JPG
    charlie small.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 199

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.1 on the dice, probably fake news. Eye test today so sunglasses and Roy Orbison impressions to follow for the rest of the day or at least until the wife gets so fed up with them that she shouts at me.

Have a lovely weekend all, hugs to those that need them, but just virtual ones because I am full of chronic manflu, (but being very brave about it).
Hope the eye test goes well and the manflu is bravely fought. I hear cheese on toast was Robin Hood's go to cure. May be worth a shot since modern medicine is baffled by this insidious evil.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone here have any experience of using Facebook Portal or similar? Like the idea of using for 90 YO MIL when we move and all our grandchildren keeping in touch while some are in exile in Southampton. TIA

Reactions: SaskiaKC

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope the eye test goes well and the manflu is bravely fought. I hear cheese on toast was Robin Hood's go to cure. May be worth a shot since modern medicine is baffled by this insidious evil.

Had to laugh Ian, I just popped back on the thread to catch up and read your post whilst eating cheese on toast, eye test went well, the nice lady said she could see no issues with the photos.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone here have any experience of using Facebook Portal or similar? Like the idea of using for 90 YO MIL when we move and all our grandchildren keeping in touch while some are in exile in Southampton. TIA

I use Facetime but FB Portal is the same thing really. Only read the reviews of using it in conjunction with Alexa (screen versions) and they are mainly good.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Dear one of Harry's favourite chairs...there could be trouble ahead

View attachment 37177
You are a big softy, lucky cats and Harry.

We must be hard pet lovers, never let our cats, dogs or even horses get on chairs. I do have a farmer friend who allows one of his huge sow pigs lie on a three seater settee in his kitchen.

Mind you you should see our dogs bed it's like a mini sofa a bundle of dog and cats but our 36kilo dog is usually pushed off by the cats even though the bed is huge.

PS: Our cats do try sneaking onto seats when we are not in the room but both are smart enough to jump off when we enter.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Our cats do try sneaking onto seats when we are not in the room but both are smart enough to jump off when we enter.
OMG MC the thought of the sow made me laugh so much...but then who's fool enough to pick an argument with a huge sow...they can get on a couple of chairs not keen to have them on my sofa...but cats are a bit of a law unto themselves & they are so cute & naughty how can I say no?

Reactions: gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the tag and kind thoughts that lie behind. Fortunately, my lipids seem to be one of the success stories of my reviews. I hope your regime brings the results all your efforts deserve. As always, pleasure to read your postings and GBY and Kitten cat.

Thank you. :) ^. .^ (What is GBY?)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
take-it-easy-its-caturday-caption-by-kittyworks-happy-caturday-9409894.png

FBG 8, temperature 7. I wish I could switch them, but at least I don't have to confess that

e8psz702g5z11.jpg

because there has not been even 1 Twinkie in any of my homes in at least 40 years. ^. .^