What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
23-12-19
6.1 Today.
Bit high for me, but we ate late and I did have small portions of desserts.

Hope all the last minute preparations get done in good time and even more importantly good humour.

Thinking of you @ianpspurs and Julie.
Have a great Christmas @SlimLizzy . I hope Mr Slim continues to recover and with the help of the builders all your work makes the home you deserve. For years I wanted to move to the Perigord Noir but when the chance came (actually we have same chance right now) proximity to grandchildren held sway. We do have open invites from family in Normandy and The Mayenne (not quite the same). Feel an envy for you but I don't have the requisite skills that Mr Slim has despite my dad being a builder. Don't give the higher number a 2nd thought and I return the thoughts for you and Mr Slim Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année

Last edited:
Reactions: trick60 and jjraak

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have Muck Wellington boots for when it is really wet. So does Mrs Miggins. Neoprene lined, cost warm. Normal day to day, especially at this time of year I wear walking boots made by Keen - comfortable, warm and dry.
A good pair of lightweight, waterproof boots might do the trick but when it’s really wet nothing keeps out the rain like a good pair of Wellies and the Muck ones are the best brand that I have had.

I’d never heard of Muck Boots. I have almost dispared of finding a decent pair of wellies that don’t spring a leak after 2 months, thanks for the tip.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. An exciting and festive 4.8 for me, which is possibly the result of the bottle of Champagne Mr C and I shared last night while watching Father Ted repeats and relaxing on the sofa with Dennis. ( he is allowed up now he’s learnt not to nip )Quite nice to have the time together, there are usually other people around.
@ianpspurs I’ve scrolled back a bit to see if you posted about Julie but all I can see are boots. How did it go? I’m currently enjoying my reflective time with coffee, being glad for every new day - this will be the 3rd Christmas I didn’t expect, or have any right to see.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Xmas eating is over (forever) for me . It took me a long time to get this blood sugar readings down this time. The day time readings had been higher too, just because of a few days of starchy veg (and there wasn't a lot I ate of it), and some Xmas pud (again not a lot I ate of it), but it upset this blood sugar lark in my body. And it has taken me over a week to get it down again.
I am doing exactly the same this Christmas. So I don't feel I am missing out I have bought a box of Montezuma 100% truffles so I can have a truffle instead of Christmas pud etc.

I actually bought two boxes so I could test blood sugars after eating each one. I did this as a scientific experiment - not because they looked absolutely delicious - and they were, and they didn't raise blood sugars. Also just one truffle was all I could eat at a time.

Husband tried one and he thought they were horrid - so my truffles are safe.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to enjoy this Christmas and not worry about wasters like me and mine. I love the rightful delight behind the casually dropped phrase
this will be the 3rd Christmas I didn’t expect, or have any right to see.
Julie's consultant said diverticular disease was "rife" - not encouraging really. No action will be taken but top of the things to avoid eating is fat - and just about everything I would eat. Merry Christmas and many more to come. I'm going as rogue as I dare and may even drink wine - not cared me!

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As I opened my eyes 117 = 6.4

After some water 110 = 6.1

Then at 10 am before breakfast it went to 97 = 5.4

Is it strange ?

Welcome to the thread WtP, it would appear your liver has been fitted the wrong way round, all good scores but I would take the lower offer.
Happy Christmas. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am doing exactly the same this Christmas. So I don't feel I am missing out I have bought a box of Montezuma 100% truffles so I can have a truffle instead of Christmas pud etc.

I actually bought two boxes so I could test blood sugars after eating each one. I did this as a scientific experiment - not because they looked absolutely delicious - and they were, and they didn't raise blood sugars. Also just one truffle was all I could eat at a time.

Husband tried one and he thought they were horrid - so my truffles are safe.

Glad your truffles are safe @Krystyna23040
I have some 100% chocolate for a treat.
I have made a treat which doesn't raise my blood sugars at all. It is probably not to everyone's taste, but it is one egg with two teaspoons ground almonds. Beat the egg well before adding almonds. Cook on griddle. It is like a crumpet (not exactly but you get the picture) and a couple drops of pure Canadian Maple syrup on, and butter of course.

So when everyone on here especially the founder of this thread harps on about crumpets leaking more butter than a leaking oil tanker, this is my go to! And it works for me :)

Reactions: geefull and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to enjoy this Christmas and not worry about waters like me and mine. I love the delight behind the casually dropped phrase . Julie's consultant said diverticular disease was "rife" - not encouraging really. No action will be taken but top of the things to avoid eating is fat - and just about everything I would eat. Merry Christmas and many more to come. I'm going as rogue as I dare and may even drink wine - not cared me!

It does seem to be rife, I wonder why? You don’t seem to be the types to have ever eaten heavily processed food. What a difficult thing to manage when you are both eating polar opposites. Does the FODMAP woe actually help her?
My middle daughter is finally on the waiting list down here for bowel investigations too ( having got to the stage of hospital appt, then moving to Cornwall and having all her notes abandoned so needing to start from scratch)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It does seem to be rife, I wonder why? You don’t seem to be the types to have ever eaten heavily processed food. What a difficult thing to manage when you are both eating polar opposites. Does the FODMAP woe actually help her?
My middle daughter is finally on the waiting list down here for bowel investigations too ( having got to the stage of hospital appt, then moving to Cornwall and having all her notes abandoned so needing to start from scratch)
Spoiler alert for your daughter. The Moveit the night before appears to be hideous but really.really.really does what it says on the label:arghh: Best guess for why Julie is so badly affected is genetics - so much like her dad apparently (he died before we became an item 2nd time) - but mostly ludicrous hours and stress of her last job which is where it became a really bad issue along with severe back problems. Don't think FODMAP was ever designed to deal with such situations - or, if I'm honest, such stubborn women. She claims to have met her match but I can't think who that is unless it is No 1 son :angelic:

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening all and the seasons greetings, a 5.9 on the Christmas dice puts me in the same place were it a 4.9 or a 6.9, which is here, tapping into a keyboard fretting smiling and sympathizing with peoples posts.

Yesterdays T2 checkup was what it was, blood drawn to be sent away, can you pee in this bottle,
"certainly not, it'll probably have a head on it at this hour of the morning"
and then "how's your feet"
" well they are ok, a bit like they need filing down a bit but ok"
" you can get a cream for that, it will soften them up"
"it should do wonders on the wifes mince pies then", not even the crack of a smile, she didn't bother looking at them.

Then it was BP check which is generally quite high "white coat syndrome", but that was normal, and I've never been normal.
And then she tells me my heartbeat is quite low, 47 bpm is that bad, she didn't seem overly concerned. A quick hop on the scales tells me I need to lose another 5Kg to get in the green, which is an arm or a lower leg, and that was that, off you trot, we'll be in touch about your bloods.
All good in da hood innit.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
48274939_2124374470941999_8536133916094889984_n.jpg
I've hidden this from my two...last night I wondered where the downstairs landline handset had gone...found it this morning down the back of the cabinet it sits on...wonder who could have done that?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad your truffles are safe @Krystyna23040
I have some 100% chocolate for a treat.
I have made a treat which doesn't raise my blood sugars at all. It is probably not to everyone's taste, but it is one egg with two teaspoons ground almonds. Beat the egg well before adding almonds. Cook on griddle. It is like a crumpet (not exactly but you get the picture) and a couple drops of pure Canadian Maple syrup on, and butter of course.

So when everyone on here especially the founder of this thread harps on about crumpets leaking more butter than a leaking oil tanker, this is my go to! And it works for me :)
That sounds like exactly the sort of crumpet I would like. Just need to get ground almonds and I will try it. Am visualising the butter melting over it - yummy.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a fabulous evening with friends & neighbours perhaps a little too fabulous feeling very 'delicate' this morning...ribs aching could it be laughing too much (is there such a thing?) yes definitely...gifts exchanged little Livvi from next door got a make up case fully laden with every kind of blusher eye shadows lipsticks & lip glosses...that could be why I woke up this morning looking like Pat Butchers older sister after what she described as a makeover ...'Plumpy' came last night opened his gifts one of which was a large chewy tomato that made very loud farting sounds we laughed so much...possibly induced by the noise combined with the prosecco there were several empty bottles on the table when I got up...boxes of chocolates tins of shortbread more prosecco people are very generous when I've had another coffee I will be hiding them until they can be re-gifted after Christmas...I haven't gone near my BG meter this morning...I daren't...a good tidy then out for some more logs for the fire must have it lit for the visitors tomorrow morning...then feet up to recover...thankfully not cooking tomorrow out for lunch...have a lovely time everyone & merry Christmas.

Reactions: karen8967