What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Christmas all. A festive 5.2 today. Wish I could capture the sunrise outside my window, what a lovely start to the day.
Turkey is already in and will be ready to transport to eldest daughter mid morning. Travelling with a hot cooked turkey and a dog in the same car should be interesting.
Have the best Christmas ever you lovely lovely people.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very merry Christmas to you all from the dark and really not that dangerous at all, North.

A quiet and rested wonder wheel reported a 5.4 this a.m. after dodging around a hot buffet last night.
upload_2019-12-25_7-37-27.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-25_7-36-41.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-25_7-36-41.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 Thanks so much for your recommendation of the bitter apple spray to stop dogs chewing. We spent most of Christmas Eve at my daughter’s - their tree has a lot of low level glittery baubles ( small girls’ handiwork) and a ton of presents beneath. Dennis made a beeline for them when we arrived but I quickly sprayed everything and it really made a difference. He got 1 shiny bauble at one point but that was it. He was still interested in them and tried to burrow into the presents on a couple of occasions but it certainly wasn’t the mayhem we were anticipating.
So pleased that it worked and that you had a lovely Christmas Eve with daughter and grandchildren.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...preparing for the arrival of two excited young ladies (8& & 10) to arrive Ava & Poppy have no idea we have the kittens so will be delighted when they spot them...so far fire grate cleaned out & relit with the assistance of Lola & Charlie...both couldn't wait to help clean out the ash & sit on the fireguard?...so lots of festive shouting with both looking at me as if I'm mad...fuelled by several cups of good strong coffee I am ready...a busy morning then out for lunch with family...have a good day one & all Merry Christmas (no BG meter today:D:D:D)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is beautiful. I especially love the blues and the dragonfly and the angel with the heart.
Merry Christmas to you and Popeye from the KittenCat and me.
Thank you @SaskiaKC
That dragonfly is over 30 years old and still going strong!!!
Merry Christmas to you and KittenCat from me and his Lordship!

Reactions: HarryBeau

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

May I wish the best of the season to you and your loved ones :joyful:

quiet and contemplative bits
noisy and raucous bits
quiet wintry streets and fields,
forest, beach or fen
noisy family
quiet companionship
curled up with a pet and a hot coffee
sleeping off the turkey

whatever floats your boat
today and tomorrow and tomorrow
love and hugs to you all my friends :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
25-12-19
Have a Happy Christmas everyone.
6.1 this morning, so had only water
5.6 an hour later.
Maybe am finally learning how to cope with this.
Ofc on other days if I don't eat it rises.
Some experiments needed.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Merry Christmas everyone!
The first present I opened this morning was a lovely low, even 7. :)
I hope you are all having a wonderful and wondrous day. I love how all are checking in to greet everyone whether posting FBG numbers or not. Such a wonderful thread you have given us, @OldButBold .
Love and joy and peace to you all.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening all just a quick Merry Christmas to all before we go to eldest daughters house to open prezzies and go to the Christmas day service, I love this one as all the kids stay in (they keep things short and simple) and are allowed to bring their toys and show them off....it's generally mayhem, I particularly like it when it all goes pear shaped and the kids are running amok.
Have a merry Christmas all, peace.

It sounds wonderful! And thank you for a happy memory of a Christmas morning church service from 30-odd years ago. Pound Puppies were a popular gift toy that year, and the youngest son of the family in the pew in front of me had received one. The puppy took part in the service. When we stood, the puppy stood. When we knelt, the puppy knelt. When we went up for Communion, the puppy came too. I really enjoyed that service! :)
luv-a-pet-pound-puppies-spotted-pup-dog-toy

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 37394

Now the feasting,
now the singing,
now the peace for celebration,
now the silence,
now the laughter,
now the joy of fellowship;
now the rain, the cold, the snow, may come;
now the wind may blow --
all are in, in warmth and light
to keep His feast Who keepeth us.

-- Christmas Eve 2019
(after Jaroslav Vajda)
Lovely little poem, very fitting indeed..:happy:
A belated merry Christmas AND a HAPPY NEW YEAR @SaskiaKC .. Much love, hugs to KC..XX

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On a day of quiet refelection, on what we have and who we've lost, we slept well on plane, and awakened to the sight of a new day dawning, for which we both were truly grateful.

So here's to a new start, a new day of challenges & joys both to be embraced and greeted like a new friend...:)

IMG_20191224_230715~01.jpg

IMG_20191224_231227~01.jpg

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just been watching a very interesting program called "The Twelve Days of Tudor Christmas." I like to keep the twelve days of Christmas, but now I have all kinds of ideas about how to spend them! We once sang the Boar's Head Carol in my school chorale at a Christmas feast, but I think I will stick with good old roast beef, as tonight. But comfits, and lute music, and dancing stags, and a new old carol about holly and ivy ... I have some cool ideas about what making merry can mean!

Well, this isn't a very Tudoresque stag, but, oh, deer, he is cool! :D

g39231.gif