What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not much hygge for me here.

Been up since 4am, painting...

I set myself a challenge of a painting a day in 2020 (whether it be large or small/tiny). Today's is what I call large. A3 sized....acrylic painting today.

Can you fit that into hygge?

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good morning and a Happy New Year
to you all. Liking the sound if days cuddled on sofa, but I will be upstairs in the unheated part of the house, either painting or helping with the insulation. It's progress.
BG 6.0 exactly. So again no breakfast. Not really a sacrifice though as not actually hungry.
Have a good day all of you.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today - so back to a more normal fbs. Cutting down the amount of cream worked as it always does.

@ianpspurs hope the Bioglan inulin was OK and good luck with your search for a new dog.
Thanks. Bioglan is fine - I'm ditching sweeteners in tea but can't see me ever managing that in coffee or cocoa. Also been experimenting with lacto-free milk as with some cream added a h/m latte may be acceptable sans sweetener. Likely to be dogs plural - 2 pups if possible and wait until we relocate. Woman at Woodgreen billed and cooed over Thetford forest for dogs - who knew?:angelic: O/T deer coursing in East Anglia on the looocal (we all talk like that out here, boy) news, Not good.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A quick dip in to wish you all a Happy New Year.

The wonder wheel of the new decade came in at 5.1 this a.m.

Thirty guests arriving this afternoon so best get on juggling plates and clanging pans - 2 curries made 2 days ago to put into slow cookers and a selection salads, tapas, pulled pork and spiced apple buns and open the wine while watching (listening) to the New Years Day concert from Vienna.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I set myself a challenge of a painting a day in 2020 (whether it be large or small/tiny). Today's is what I call large. A3 sized....acrylic painting today.

I think we could all have our own version of hygge, whatever makes you happy and relaxed sounds good enough for me. Cosy for me! Hope you get a nap later with a rug (has to be wool, mind) and a cat.
Thats a challenge and a half you have set yourself but I think you will also enjoy it. Hope you share some of it. Happy days Gennepher.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think we could all have our own version of hygge, whatever makes you happy and relaxed sounds good enough for me. Cosy for me! Hope you get a nap later with a rug (has to be wool, mind) and a cat.
Thats a challenge and a half you have set yourself but I think you will also enjoy it. Hope you share some of it. Happy days Gennepher.

Thanks @PenguinMum
It does make me happy painting!
Popeye is already patiently waiting for me to join him in bed...he has a bit of a wait...but I will join him later.
You have a comfy snuggly day.
>^••^<

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just watched Shaun the Sheep movie and thoroughly enjoyed it. @DJC3 happy second Christmas. To all celebrating today enjoy yourselves. Other than washing a load of towels I’m relaxing today. @ianpspurs I enjoyed the second clip you posted about Hygge and was fascinated by the big knitting without needles. If I were to make one resolution this year it would be to take up knitting again (with needles). I used to really enjoy it but its been so long I have lost my confidence. Glad you feel able to have dogs again it will be a lovely addition to the new house. I used to be scared of dogs as a child and when I left home I was replaced by a dog who played a good game whenever I returned. I would cautiously approach a spare seat but he would get there before me. This carried on until I gave up or he got bored. Mr PM is slightly allergic to cats of late and if he touches them he has to wash his hands straight away. They will probably be our last pets for that reason.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just watched Shaun the Sheep movie and thoroughly enjoyed it. @DJC3 happy second Christmas. To all celebrating today enjoy yourselves. Other than washing a load of towels I’m relaxing today. @ianpspurs I enjoyed the second clip you posted about Hygge and was fascinated by the big knitting without needles. If I were to make one resolution this year it would be to take up knitting again (with needles). I used to really enjoy it but its been so long I have lost my confidence. Glad you feel able to have dogs again it will be a lovely addition to the new house. I used to be scared of dogs as a child and when I left home I was replaced by a dog who played a good game whenever I returned. I would cautiously approach a spare seat but he would get there before me. This carried on until I gave up or he got bored. Mr PM is slightly allergic to cats of late and if he touches them he has to wash his hands straight away. They will probably be our last pets for that reason.
Glad you enjoyed the clip. We priced up making those blankets. Julie reckons 6 kgs wool per each one. £60 ish ebay (clearly not merino) and around £120+ elsewhere. I just tested 2 hrs after 80 gms Panettone (and a vast amount of President butter) 6.3. I will settle for that as 44 gms carb according to nutritional information on the box. Oh, and I absolutely loved it as my very off piste seasonal treat - an itch that really needed scratching. May impact later but nice little test of where my body is at.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Little quote for today
FB_IMG_1577880391136.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you enjoyed the clip. We priced up making those blankets. Julie reckons 6 kgs wool per each one £60 ish ebay and around £120 elsewhere. I just tested 2 hrs after 80 gms Panettone (and a vast amount of President butter) 6.3.I will settle for that as probably 44 gms carb according to nutritional information on the box. Oh, and I absolutely loved it as my very off piste seasonal treat. May impact later but nice little test of where my body is at.
Thats a nice result...a little of what you fancy etc. Pleased for you.

Reactions: gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.7 this morning which is a ridiculous way to start off a New Year. Must resolve to do better in the days to come.

Being the retired librarian that I am, and loving research, I went online last night to Google "hygge" and found some interesting stuff, including this, written by a Dane living in England, which I highly recommend:
https://mashable.com/article/hygge-scandinavian-lifestyle-trend/

It makes sense to me, so I think I'll be saving my money and continuing to experience "hygge" -- which I translated into the German "Gemütlichkeit," checked my translation, and found I was right -- or my own comfy and contentment, and save my money. :D (My laptop doesn't do German quotation marks, at least not AFAIBATFO).

I am now watching a TV commercial for a website, golo.com, which tells me that a slow metabolism can be created by ... (I missed that bit) and to check out their website. I'm assuming GOLO is a NEW, COMMERCIAL, PRICEY version of LC, but will leave it to others to check out if interested. :)

Having never heard the word "hygga" before, I did send one of my friends a nice fleecy throw for Christmas, because the KittenCat and I enjoy snuggling up under or on top of ours, and my friend has 3 snugglecats. Ours is shown with the KittenCat in my profile pic/avatar.

Best-Happy-New-Year-2020-Gif-For-Whatsapp-Instagram.gif

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Yes. :)

Since this is a public forum and I cannot post a pic of one of my happiest New Year's Days, I will post two other pics that are already published on the worldwide web, that illustrate my idea of hygge:

norwegian-fjord-horse-X8K1A2.jpg

Norwegian Fjord Pony

photo.jpg

Icelandic Horse

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes. :)

Since this is a public forum and I cannot post a pic of one of my happiest New Year's Days, I will post two other pics that are already published on the worldwide web, that illustrate my idea of hygge:

norwegian-fjord-horse-X8K1A2.jpg

Norwegian Fjord Pony

photo.jpg

Icelandic Horse
They are beautiful @SaskiaKC
:)

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is a beautiful read @SaskiaKC

I do something along those lines every morning. It makes a great difference to my day.

Hugs for you Saskia and KittenCat, for this New Year's Day and for the rest of this year.

Thank you. Hugs and purrs for you and Popeye.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC happy new year and dont worry about today’s FBG. When we all get back to normal times we can improve it. I am not sure we need to be taught hygge actually as we all know what we find relaxing and comforting. So lets choose our own form of Hygge maybe.

Thank you. Hugs and purrs to you and Daisy and Bobs.

Reactions: HarryBeau