What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Yes I'm still here.

30 hours into Dry January, 30 days to go. LCHF restarted in earnest too. A super roast potato and Christmas pudding FBG of 9.1 mmo/lt at 0600 today.

Journey of a thousand mile begin with single step.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Just double checked the time as so few check ins for this time of morning. Fbg of 6.3 at 6. 30 ish today. Certainly too high - that's the easy part. The why? 80 gms Panettone for 44 gms carb too easy a suspect - ate that yesterday morning and tested quite often all day - no difference really. Also same kind of level as if I test at 4.00 and again at 6.30 ish. Higher carbs do usually give me longer sleep and better resting pulse - did so today (+3 hrs - 3 bpm) This issue of balance between health/wellbeing and bg levels doesn't seem to have a simplistic answer at least in my case. Anyhow, today I am enjoined to remember Basil the Great and Gregory of Nazianzus along with Seraphim, Monk of Sarov and Vedanayagam Samuel Azariah, Bishop in South India - done. Colossians 2 21 -23 (KJV) seems so much on the money right now. Have a great day and @gennepher great idea for a daily goal. @Muddy Cyclist look forward to seeing your work.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.5 for me.

@gennepher great start! I'm not sure I shall be doing A3 sized as part of the challenge, probably A5 to A4 for me. My latest person who commissioned a seascape requested an A1 sized watercolour which I'm going to find very challenging. @ianpspurs I will post a few paintings, expect me to be selective though as I suspect many will be complete failures.:joyful:

Be inspired, acheive something wonderful no matter how small.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.4 at 0600. Lots of jobs to do around the house and meeting friend for coffee mid morning. Hope you are all embracing the new year and getting back to normal and tackling new challenges and enjoying it. @True Blue welcome back.
Have a good Thursday. Stay well, stay safe - especially our friends down under

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.5 on the dice today. Wife’s back to work today so just me and temptation left at home....best find something to do quick.

Reactions: DJC3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Yesterday very pleased with some 4s during the day and 5.1 evening reading. Numbers coming down much faster than they usually do after a cream fest.

Today need to start looking at new exercises for classes when I start back in Monday. Should have been doing that yesterday but started playing MahJong on my computer.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen I'm black...it should read back, but I haven't washed over the hijacked pagan festivals.

This morning was a low carb Christmas cake and fruit salad fuelled 9.3, still below 10 so its OK.

Well folks only 440 posts unread, sorry if missed something earth shattering. Now I guess normality is beginning to approach us all, but mischief, chaos and mayhem are in front hehehe

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from an unexpected late start in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of toddlers charging around the house with a dazzling amount of toys came in at a bewildering 5.2 this a.m.

The plague of locusts that were our friends and relatives descended during the afternoon and thankfully chomped their way through our offerings before migrating to warmer climbs and fresher pickings. We think that 35 turned up, young and old, and a wonderful catch up with people wandering in and out over about seven hours.

As national bin day was cancelled yesterday, we have been informed that a double bin celebration will take place today so bins of every colour and description are now proudly parading on pavements and lanes throughout the area.

Have a great day if you can, visit your local recycling centre if you can’t.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and a 5.5 for me.

@gennepher great start! I'm not sure I shall be doing A3 sized as part of the challenge, probably A5 to A4 for me. My latest person who commissioned a seascape requested an A1 sized watercolour which I'm going to find very challenging. @ianpspurs I will post a few paintings, expect me to be selective though as I suspect many will be complete failures.:joyful:

Be inspired, acheive something wonderful no matter how small.

I have just painted out Jan 2nd A3 painting... :(

I wasn't happy with it...silly me!

Now I have to start all over again...

I can assure you that my paintings will be getting smaller and smaller...postcard sized is looking very attractive at this minute...

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all :)

4.4 today

slightly soggy but mild here this morning :angelic:
A quieter day in prospect after the New Year celebrations yesterday.

Most people are still on holiday here because Scotland has an extra Bank Holiday on the 2nd January since the New Year has always been a big occasion, then later on in the Year at Easter (when England have Good Friday and Easter Monday off ), Scotland only has Easter Monday, (thereby restoring balance to the force or something like that :D).

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all :)

4.4 today

slightly soggy but mild here this morning :angelic:
A quieter day in prospect after the New Year celebrations yesterday.

Most people are still on holiday here because Scotland has an extra Bank Holiday on the 2nd January since the New Year has always been a big occasion, then later on in the Year at Easter (when England have Good Friday and Easter Monday off ), Scotland only has Easter Monday, (thereby restoring balance to the force or something like that :D).

Hope your day treats you kindly :)
Great fbg as always and I very much enjoyed and was uplifted by your account of New Year's procession in your area. Have the best day and most @geefull year you possibly can.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 today
Higher than I would like but finished off the new years eve prosecco with more nuts than I should. Plus a late tea.

New years resolution is to use less plastic and work on Eric's high blood pressure. Yesterday we did 10k steps along our beautiful Blackpool promenade.

Jasper Louie settling into our world well. We are visiting tomorrow for cuddles but getting lots of photos to keep us going.

Hope everyone else's new year has got off to a good start.

Attachments

• IMG-20200101-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20200101-WA0009.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG-20200101-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20200101-WA0005.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200101_150836_resized.jpg
    20200101_150836_resized.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200101_151609_resized.jpg
    20200101_151609_resized.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG-20200101-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20200101-WA0007.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 93

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 today
Higher than I would like but finished off the new years eve prosecco with more nuts than I should. Plus a late tea.

New years resolution is to use less plastic and work on Eric's high blood pressure. Yesterday we did 10k steps along our beautiful Blackpool promenade.

Jasper Louie settling into our world well. We are visiting tomorrow for cuddles but getting lots of photos to keep us going.

Enjoy your walks, cuddles with Jasper Louie and one hopes a little down time before hurling yourself into action once again over the coming year.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 today

Nice pics @Debandez...
But where's the bikini..:D

Good luck with the new year resolutions.

Reactions: DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just painted out Jan 2nd A3 painting... :(

I wasn't happy with it...silly me!

Now I have to start all over again...

I can assure you that my paintings will be getting smaller and smaller...postcard sized is looking very attractive at this minute...
Whoops!

Just got back from a good Muddy Cycle Ride managed 2 hours in glorious sunshine now it's turned dull so happy to be indoors and start some painting.

I have decided on mostly A5 and set myself a challenge to spend a max of 30 minutes on each which will make me stop fiddling around and work in a freer style.

I am painting a winter scene interpretation of yesterday's ironbridge gauge and today's ride in pine forest and silver birches for my first two, fingers crossed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@karen8967 these little motivational posters have an uncanny way of saying things I know I should be thinking and doing. Who exactly are you and what superpower enables you to know so much about my weaknesses?:arghh: Then @Muddy Cyclist posts that - are you 2 a double act dedicated to seeing me as "a project?" Starting to scare me pooless.:(

Last edited: