What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In search of some data really but IMHO very much tied up with this thread. How many of you good folk a) plan your menu each day and b) if you do is it based on carb count or using a tool/app to analyse vitamins, nutrients, cals in and out or c) just what you like to eat that is LC? Is there a poll tool on this forum as I would be very interested in this data. TIA and please feel free to ignore me.
Hi @ianpspurs
I never carb count or plan meals. I just stick to what I know is LC. Breakfasts usually kippers, eggs of some sort or full fat Greek yogurt. Quite often I miss it and just have coffee with cream. Lunch is usually on the go so a choccy bar from aldi (5.9g). And dinner usually meat and veg or chili with cauli rice, spaghetti bol with veg instead of pasta. Saturday is a night I love to get naked. A naked chicken and donor kebab with 2 spoons of chili sauce and garlic mayo. .:) Accompanied by red wine. I sometimes have a continental tea. If I'm peckish which is rare but does happen I have mixed nuts and cheese or 2 pieces 85% choc with a coffee n cream. I also try to have a few berries, usually with extra thick cream, love that. Very samey for me each week but no need to carb count as I know it's all LC stuff. Hoping to get more experimental when I have more time. August my hubby is retiring from work to come and join me in our small business so I should have more time.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Our Cup Overfloweth. Blue Moon is at its zenith. Can this be real, after all the years of failure and decline? Pinch me now!

BG 8.0 mmo/lt at 1600. Going cold turkey from Monday, LCHF and no booze (if I can, did dry January) Watch this space.
Great results for MC. My hubby even said so and he is an MU supporter!

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also just learned that Nokia still makes its little phone. It comes in colors now but appears to still have the snake game. It is available from Amazon, Best Buy, and I think at least one other place. Nokia also makes smartphones now.

Indeed. My wife and i were planning to get one of these Nokia phones just for nostalgia and maybe use it JUST as a phone and not as a computer .

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kimberleyart1 I would like to welcome you back to the forum. You will find some lovely people on here. There is a great support system. Lots of help. This is really the only thread I'm on daily. It's a thread where we confirm our fasting blood sugars then just generally have a natter. Lots of banter and laughs so a good starting point for you. Let me know when you have settled back into the forum then I can help point you in the right direction. Lots of type 1s who can help you on this forum. A few regulars are @karen8967 @Mel dCP @kitedoc @Cumberland @EllieM and I know that they will be able to help you. I will leave it at this for the time being.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The part about not doing creative and writing/reading with sound incoming is actually reasonably common in hearing folk. It can have to do with learning disabilities, or learning styles, and is a processing thing for us also. I could never study with music/conversation nearby. I don't do painting, but I used to sew lots of my clothes, and preferred silence or birds/wind in trees if there had to be noise. No human distraction. Oddly, when I had an oboist housemate who would make reeds and practise her music after we got home from work at 10:30, I learned to go to sleep not minding that. If anybody's ever heard an oboe player working on reeds, you know how annoying that is. Reading in an airport? Nope. Typing this while hubby listens softly to a ballgame in a different room, not easy! All our brains are different and wonderful!

That is interesting.
I never thought it from that point of view.
That is all very intriguing.
My brain is going off in all kinds of tangents now, recalling bits I’ve read and relating them to this.
Creativity, in whatever form, can be a fragile thing. It doesn’t take much to upset the balance within the human body.
I am going to You Tube an oboist (if that is the correct way of writing it) later....

Oh, by the way, I drew the effects in my eyes of the laser treatment when it was zapping the hole in my iris, that I said I would so here is the picture I drew....I found it fascinating as it was happening, no fear at all, just absolutely absorbed in the uniqueness of ‘seeing’ something different!
>^..^<

IMG_8983.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also just learned that Nokia still makes its little phone. It comes in colors now but appears to still have the snake game. It is available from Amazon, Best Buy, and I think at least one other place. Nokia also makes smartphones now.
I still have my little old Nokia as a back up phone and charge it regularly. It still holds a charge very well. And it does have that snake game on....
I was texting people (hearing people) in the 1990’s trying to get them to use text in the days when no one texted, they just talked. Oh, it is too difficult to learn how to text they said, it’s too hard, we don’t know where it is on the phone, it will never catch on.......
>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning from the Eastern hemisphere....

6.5 on the meter this morning around 5.00 AM. A bit higher than what I would like but not too unhappy, considering last night’s dinner - A burger (!!). Well, it was a small bun and whole-wheat and the patty was mashed chickpeas and vegetables. No potatoes!!!. Side of salad and later i had blueberries with yogurt.

Oh and a small (really small) amount of the wine left over from last week, which is anyway too sweet for my liking.

So... well it was definitely on the moderately-carb-heavy side but my numbers were within the doctor recommended range, if not my wishful range!!

And yesterday’s gym did make me a bit hungrier than usual and i must increase my intake as i want to gain a few pounds. So, overall not too bad a Saturday.

Sunday is here... bright... shiny... As i am a bit late, i can hear some traffic. So a walk in the neighborhood would probably have been View attachment 32990nice but with the traffic starting i am thinking of just lazing around the garden till breakfast is done. Probably post breakfast walk to nearby convenience store to pick up a few essentials.

Good day everyone View attachment 32989
These photos are beautiful!!!
>^..^<

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These photos are beautiful!!!
>^..^<

Thanks... it is indeed a beautiful neighborhood and we are fortunate to live in such greenery in the heart of the city.... though these roads are away from the main road, it can get a bit noisy with cars and motorbikes.... nevertheless walking in the neighborhood is a pleasure

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.1 at 0700.
I have the little Nokia in blue which suits me fine as I use an ipad for everything else.
@HarrisonK imagine your grass seed is flying with all that rain..not a drop from the sky here despite all the promises. @BibaBee sending hugs to you and Mr B. Glad you got good treatment and they were kind.
Hope you all enjoyed Eurovision. I struggled to stay awake but the voting was exciting to the very end. That girl Madonna put on a good show as usual...not sure what the eye patch is all about but wow she is flexible for someone my age.
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on this, so far, very quiet and peaceful Sunday morning.
No one else about yet and only the tapping sounds of my keyboard to compete with the ticking of the clock and a couple of birds arguing in the garden.
My miscreant wonder wheel has now shuffled off it’s mortal coil so am now using back up needle and jab technique until I return home, probably on chews day.
Anyhow, an unexpected late night feast of two Ryvita crackers with butter and some mature cheddar contributed in some way to a 6.1 on the jabometer.
@gennepher - love the laser eye zapping picture.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...just opened the curtains and there's fog...if I were being optimistic I might say it's misty...I must start my walking again I haven't done any for almost a week and it's showing...so time to get moving...watched the Imitation Game (Alan Turing) last night...shameful treatment of a man who should have been regarded as a war hero...woke to a 6.4

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In search of some data really but IMHO very much tied up with this thread. How many of you good folk a) plan your menu each day and b) if you do is it based on carb count or using a tool/app to analyse vitamins, nutrients, cals in and out or c) just what you like to eat that is LC? Is there a poll tool on this forum as I would be very interested in this data. TIA and please feel free to ignore me.
I use fat secret to plan daily meals so that I can check that my carbs stay around 20g. I also weigh food with carbs because I am totally rubbish at guessing weight. The carbs are the only things I.monitor although it does show fat and protein. If protein looks a bit lower than usual I will add a bit more.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK imagine your grass seed is flying with all that rain..not a drop from the sky here despite all the promises

The lawn fix has gone really well, I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm not really a gardner, only became interested in it this year and it's not even my garden :) It is my landladies property, she asked me to do a couple of jobs and now it's full-on landscaping. It keeps me busy and I learn as I go ;)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.1 at 0700.
I have the little Nokia in blue which suits me fine as I use an ipad for everything else.
@HarrisonK imagine your grass seed is flying with all that rain..not a drop from the sky here despite all the promises. @BibaBee sending hugs to you and Mr B. Glad you got good treatment and they were kind.
Hope you all enjoyed Eurovision. I struggled to stay awake but the voting was exciting to the very end. That girl Madonna put on a good show as usual...not sure what the eye patch is all about but wow she is flexible for someone my age.
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Thank you! The procedure went really well and hardly any pain or discomfort afterwards. When is your appointment?