What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you KC. I so miss our dogs but have never been fond of cats. Julie is highly allergic to cats but keeps researching dog breeds and reputable breeders/rescue organisations. Shouldn't you be abed?

Yes. Just stayed up finishing a book that hasn't exactly put me to sleep, so now trying to plan a route to the DDS (Dept. of Drivers' Services) to renew my driver's license ...
But you're right. I really should be abed ...

t2252.gif

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs you are right that the experiment did prove the excess protein theory. So pleased it proved that a smaller amount of chicken plus bacon and melted cheese was ok - as I would have been so upset if it had proved that it was the combination of chicken, bacon and melted cheese that was the problem.

The doggies loved their chicken breakfast this morning.

This morning 4.7. A very satisfactory conclusion to the experiment.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Good night @SaskiaKC. 5.5 this morning. Can I come clean here and just say @trick60 @jjraak and everyone I met Tom Hanks on 2 Nov 2017 and he is indeed a very nice man. We had a several minute conversation about the filming location of Saving Private Ryan which is where I was born and bred. My son got me a ticket to his book signing in London which was limited to I think first 100 applicants. This was a month before I knew I was diabetic. Anyway just saying. I will leave it to Casting @jjraak to decide who plays me.
Have a great Wednesday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs you are right that the experiment did prove the excess protein theory. So pleased it proved that a smaller amount of chicken plus bacon and melted cheese was ok - as I would have been so upset if it had proved that it was the combination of chicken, bacon and melted cheese that was the problem.

That happened to me once in aTurkish restaurant when I ordered lamb steak and salad. They actually served three smallish steaks and it was so lovely I ate it all. My BG after two hours really shot up. When I eat out now I find the portions larger than at home so take that on board.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.8 here today.

Sun promised so not going to waste it, Muddy Cycle ride calls then back to harmonica playing, ordered a blues harmonica, apparently the one I have is favoured by Gospel Bands and is difficult to play the blues on, should arrive today, fingers crossed.

Onwards ever onwards , don't let the minutes passs you by.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a strange day it's been here! Lots done, little achieved, non stop messing about, running granddaughter to dentist, chopping wood, practising my mouth organ Blues, I need lots more practise I'm never going to be a Mick Jagger or a Paul Jones, and suddenly it's now!

Welcome @Ryhia its pretty crazy here, enjoy.

@ianpspurs a good workout by the looks of it.

Another wonderful capture of light in those trees @gennepher. Today influenced by your steps and @dunelm and his planned trekking up The Pyg path, I tried painting what I remembered from walking up this track a few years ago as the sun rose and the mist cleared to reveal the summit all pink and golden, a wild and desolate climb at the top, admiration on your forethcoming venture @dunelm

So here it is, a quick A4 watercolour, 20 minutes.

View attachment 38183
Atmospheric and reminds me of the rocks and scree on that part of Snowdon where Watkins path meets up with the horseshoe, last walked in some fog.

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Yay (old Fenland saying that one) for experiment and fbg. I have carried out 2 x 2 (2 hrs apart) tests this morning. Both times poles apart but both showing minimal (.1) rise whichever level I use. That type of scenario makes me think a Libre may have some use. I really don't see mid 5s as a safe place though.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskiaKC

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this fine and sunny morning.

The bin men have failed to honour their sacred duty, leaving us all in deep distress. Glancing out of the window I just thought we had a new 'caring' squad, the rare type that put the bins back in their rightful place but the weeping and wailing of my neighbours quickly brought home the truth. No doubt phone calls will be made, I only hope your Bin Day is something to celebrate ;)

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Atmospheric and reminds me of the rocks and scree on that part of Snowdon where Watkins path meets up with the horseshoe, last walked in some fog.
The Watkins is my favoured route up Snowdon, maybe my mind blurred the images I have of that mountain. I have also cycled up and back down the Llanberris Path alongside the railway, there is a very short time span for doing this out of respect to the walkers, it was an achievement but not as enjoyable as walking. My favourite Mountain is Tryfan. Most liked walking area the Rhynogs between Harlech and Barmouth.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.6 at 4am

That surprised me because didn't I say yesterday that it was going to go down to 8.6 this morning?

Okay I shall now predict tomorrow morning fbg to be 7.9 (or under) (body, do as you are told...)

This morning's painting challenge to myself. It was a breaking wave. Acrylics and mixed media. A4 size. Took me two hours...I was totally engrossed in it and didn't want to stop...but I have the day to get on with and stuff to do...I wish I could paint all day today...

0330DFB2-4C2E-4C12-A591-1F4AC0F511C1.jpeg

My partner J had said before he died just over 10 years ago that I could carry on painting his signature piece after his death. He showed me step by step how to do it. He even got extra copies of his source material for me. But I haven't done what he asked me to. I couldn't because it was his, and I cannot do calm seas. So, I took a photo this morning of the one he did for me, and I will show you. I have written on it that it is his work, so no one will confuse it as mine. It is mixed media. On green mount board. Caran D'ache coloured pencils. Red biro for the birds legs. And white gouache for the white of the waves.

I hope you like his painting

I am tagging @Muddy Cyclist to this....

EF6B532E-D000-4FB6-ABA9-8C0421BE07EB.jpeg

Have a good day
Hugs for all
Take care