What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 8.6 at 4am

That surprised me because didn't I say yesterday that it was going to go down to 8.6 this morning?

Okay I shall now predict tomorrow morning fbg to be 7.9 (or under) (body, do as you are told...)

This morning's painting challenge to myself. It was a breaking wave. Acrylics and mixed media. A4 size. Took me two hours...I was totally engrossed in it and didn't want to stop...but I have the day to get on with and stuff to do...I wish I could paint all day today...

View attachment 38197

My partner J had said before he died just over 10 years ago that I could carry on painting his signature piece after his death. He showed me step by step how to do it. He even got extra copies of his source material for me. But I haven't done what he asked me to. I couldn't because it was his, and I cannot do calm seas. So, I took a photo this morning of the one he did for me, and I will show you. I have written on it that it is his work, so no one will confuse it as mine. It is mixed media. On green mount board. Caran D'ache coloured pencils. Red biro for the birds legs. And white gouache for the white of the waves.

I hope you like his painting

I am tagging @Muddy Cyclist to this....

View attachment 38198

Have a good day
Hugs for all
Take care
You posted these as I was typing my daily nonsense - wonderful, both in their own way. Yin and Yang - wild and calm - I love the green in your wave.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Photos arrived from friend, here I be on today's bike ride crossing the stream in Sherbrook valley. This is such a lovely part of the world. In this stream there are fresh water cray fish, clams and shrimps, English variety, protected from imported varieties in the river Trent as the stream runs through a long culvert before entering the river through which foreign varieties have not been able to travel.
View attachment 38171
Wonderful. You look the part. And make me want to get out n do it. But I'm sticking to my exercise bike. Here's me earlier, i got Eric to video.

https://images.app.goo.gl/xiohaLedKcv7Mggz9
EDIT- this was supposed to be a moving gif where lady is riding but doing acrobatics also! Just part of my every day routine.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Caption Competition:

72260713_10157783419339642_3805260510799069184_o.jpg
If they think moving them higher will stop.me......

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought inulin was to help you sleep better, so it brings down bs too?
Not entirely sure if there is a causal relationship with inulin and bringing down bs or just what I have been eating. Bear in mind that this month I have only consumed protein and then a big tablespoon of inulin in the evening (apart from red wine of course, which is going to be compulsory to save the planet).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is really interesting. So it looks as though if you are carnivore converting protein to glucose is really useful because you can use it as fuel and your blood sugars don't rise.
Interesting thought. I have been on a protein only diet since New Year’s Day and I think that you have to get into a state of ketosis with this to convert the engine from petrol to gas so it takes a little time (I can smell the acetone on my breath and the popcorn urine is another give away - no need for testing) - Off topic a bit - we used to test for developmental dyspraxia by using a breath test for acetone.
Anyhow - I think that another key idea is the theory of re-setting your fat threshold. I did this immediately after being diagnosed (rapid loss of at least 15kg) by a mix of intermittent fasting and drinking a lot of home made bone broth.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.4 this morning

It was a cold day here with freezing fog this morning , but thankfully, no snow ;)

Out earlier to look for a new microwave for mum because the interior paint is coming off the one she has, it's still working but it's getting difficult to clean properly :sorry:

Mum doesn't like anything too space station in terms of controls and we did manage to find one with straighforward controls that also has a digital timer readout so that seems like a win.

Hope your day is treating you well :)
Quick question if I may, do you eat twice a day or more and do you eat after 6? Ok that's 2 questions but maths was never my forte. You scores early doors are always amazing. How many carbs per day do you average (that's 3!) Thanks @geefull

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hahaha...

was schofields flirting with you..?:D

glad we had you on there to balance out the doctor.:rolleyes:

did hear that Desmonds MAY be imparting the info for LCHF, in future courses..Fingers crossed.
(link for others debs.)

post #30
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/letter-to-desmond.168378/page-2#post-2205790
She won! 7 times mentioning low cal to my one lchf. But I'm in this for the long term and feel we will meet again, then it will be game on! My nerves got the better of me once but not next time.

@Listlad may have played a part in DESMOND changes. I will be reading your link later to digest fully. Thanks. Great news.

EDIT - No flirting from either of us (he's not my type)

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Copout, obv....i mean who''s got time for THAT..:woot:

i'm a busy man...writing my memoirs as we speak....since you ask.

A year with the Plainsfolk. By JJRaak

"...as over time the the mists cleared, It became clear to me, that THIS was no ordinary tribe..
To see these people as they were now, it was like being there on resurrection day,

That so many had been face down in the dirt at DX, yet here they were in their droves,
slowly coming back to life..all aided and abetted by the warm camaraderie and friendship of a Place
that became HOME to so many
A place that brought them comfort, information and a Way forward they could only have dreamed of..."

"A gripping read".. The Sunday Times.

( is what .i'm aiming for, but settle for a good review in the Croydon gazette)

With luck it MIGHT even get taken on as a film project.
i'm hoping Clooney plays me,...:D............,( Brad would just be FAR too unrealistic....:hilarious:..)

already planning on getting the Rock to play @dunelm
and Julia Roberts plays @HarryBeau , obvously

Tbh could do with some help picking out the actors needed, to give the roles the meaty performances they so richly deserve.
so pipe up with your own ideas.;).:D

Can I have Meryl Streep please please please......I adore her.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But I'm sticking to my exercise bike. Here's me earlier, i got Eric to video.
Great videos, now which one was you? :joyful: Nothing like the real thing, wind in your hair, grit in your teeth, mud in your face, cold wet feet, frozen nose and that final hill when you think you have nothing left to give. Then after all of that, wet and freezing cold the enjoyment of spending an hour cleaning your Mountain Bike, then using the hose to clean yourself down before being allowed into the house. Surely you can see the appeal.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 5.9 this morning. Had a really awful night with little sleep so not surprised.
@gennepher if you like dramatic waves, thought I would post an internet pic of my local pier during a gale force.

View attachment 38199

WOW @Ryhia
I love that photo....
I would absolutely love to be in that lighthouse in that wild storm....

Hope you can have a good nap later. Hugs.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, 5 hours after waking and first test (5.5) 2 x 800 mls Sencha tea (first with 2 tsps inulin) and 2 x 1 pint Assam with almond milk bg is 5.3. Learned sweet FA from that (Sencha +.1 @ 2 hrs , Assam -.2 at 2 hrs), used several strips and droplets of blood but spreadsheet has no empty cells which is obviously all that matters. Tea and spreadsheets - where's @Goacher55?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 8.6 at 4am

That surprised me because didn't I say yesterday that it was going to go down to 8.6 this morning?

Okay I shall now predict tomorrow morning fbg to be 7.9 (or under) (body, do as you are told...)

This morning's painting challenge to myself. It was a breaking wave. Acrylics and mixed media. A4 size. Took me two hours...I was totally engrossed in it and didn't want to stop...but I have the day to get on with and stuff to do...I wish I could paint all day today...

View attachment 38197

My partner J had said before he died just over 10 years ago that I could carry on painting his signature piece after his death. He showed me step by step how to do it. He even got extra copies of his source material for me. But I haven't done what he asked me to. I couldn't because it was his, and I cannot do calm seas. So, I took a photo this morning of the one he did for me, and I will show you. I have written on it that it is his work, so no one will confuse it as mine. It is mixed media. On green mount board. Caran D'ache coloured pencils. Red biro for the birds legs. And white gouache for the white of the waves.

I hope you like his painting

I am tagging @Muddy Cyclist to this....

View attachment 38198

Have a good day
Hugs for all
Take care
Oh my word. J was also very talented. This painting is incredible. Thank you for sharing.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs , @DJC3 , @Ryhia and @karen8967 today I just had to find out for sure - was it the protein that kept my blood sugars high for hours yesterday or something else.

Luckily a client cancelled their 1:1 so I was able to go across the road and have exactly the same meal as I had yesterday but I ate less than half of the chicken (the rest I bought home for the doggies breakfast tomorrow).

Prior to my meal I ate exactly the same food as I did yesterday.

Blood sugars were 4.8 prior to the meal (weirdly exactly the same as yesterday).
2 hours after eating they were 6.0 (yesterday they were 7.2)
Now - 6 hours after eating they are 5.3. Yesterday I kept testing for almost 8 hours and they were still 7.2.

So it definitely looks as though it was the protein that kept the BS high. I had suspected this for ages but wanted to make sure that it wasn't the fat from the bacon and all the melted cheese that had kept the BS high yesterday.

I did enjoy the meal much more than yesterday because I didn't feel overstuffed afterwards. So a very enjoyable experiment.

Thanks for taking one for the team Krystyna. A very useful experiment, and what I have suspected for a while but never thought to replicate in the same way. How much chicken ( approx) do you think you ate on each occasion?
I had 1 chicken leg the other evening and had my best ever fbg.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not entirely sure if there is a causal relationship with inulin and bringing down bs or just what I have been eating. Bear in mind that this month I have only consumed protein and then a big tablespoon of inulin in the evening (apart from red wine of course, which is going to be compulsory to save the planet).
I'm on a crusade to save the planet too ;-)