What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
could run the wet fish shop...lots of things you could do...lion tamer?
Fair point PM...but we'd need a delivery vehicle no point in a mountain bike think of all those pallets...no...we need an Aston Martin DB8.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I read the scene of the T2s discovered abandoned at the depot and in need of rescue, while hearing "Horse With No Name" in my head, I pictured a scene similar to this one (which could be edited for a cut to the chase of @Muddy Cyclist and the NHS nurses' cycling team)

So that's agreed...mountain bikes for the good guy & the baddie nurses (can we make them DSN's please) and an Aston Martin DB8 for me & @PenguinMum …ps Saskia you & Kitten cat could use a horse

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I love both of those seascapes. I love the sea in all its moods. Thank you for posting yours, and for sharing J's with us. It reminds me of the sea at Hilton Head Island.

I too would like to be in @Ryhia 's lighthouse in that scene. It reminds me of Lake Superior, which in some ways reminds me of the sea.

grandmarais_storm2_rev2-M.jpg

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW @Ryhia
I love that photo....
I would absolutely love to be in that lighthouse in that wild storm....

Hope you can have a good nap later. Hugs.
Sadly they close the pier when the weather gets just slightly rough as it then becomes dangerous. There is actually a tunnel built under the lighthouse to the beachfront in case of emergencies.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher I love both of those seascapes. I love the sea in all its moods. Thank you for posting yours, and for sharing J's with us. It reminds me of the sea at Hilton Head Island.

I too would like to be in @Ryhia 's lighthouse in that scene. It reminds me of Lake Superior, which in some ways reminds me of the sea.

grandmarais_storm2_rev2-M.jpg
We all love the sea @SaskiaKC
I like your lighthouse photo.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As I'm one of the stars played by the notable Shakespearean actress Miss Kathy Burke...I would say the chances of her being seated & staying on a mountain bike are minimal...never mind the poor Ninja Penguin who's feet will never be able to reach the pedals...I think we need a meeting with the producers & the director.
NO! NO! NO! The baddies are chasing me on mountain bikes as I arrive at the settlement trying to escape them feeding me off The Eat Well plate, keep up @HarryBeau

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perfect Saskia you should be The Producer...any idea what out budget is @jjraak
If @SaskiaKC is the producer the Chase will be on Horse Back, I'm up for that although it's been a few years since I did team chasing and my riding boots and jodhpurs fit me again now I'm a 31 inch waist.:)

Edit....

Ah! But that's no good as I'm known as the Muddy Cyclist.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So that's agreed...mountain bikes for the good guy & the baddie nurses (can we make them DSN's please) and an Aston Martin DB8 for me & @PenguinMum …ps Saskia you & Kitten cat could use a horse
@jjraak Take Control young sir this is getting out of hand! But I bet I can still get down that Rocky Mountain side on my Mountain Bike faster than any Aston Martin or horse rider.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If @SaskiaKC is the producer the Chase will be on Horse Back, I'm up for that although it's been a few years since I did team chasing and my riding boots and jodhpurs fit me again now I'm a 31 inch waist.:)

Edit....

Ah! But that's no good as I'm known as the Muddy Cyclist.

I went to the props dept, found this for you...

mc.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

the new microwave seems to be a big success :)

@Debandez I think one of the first things to note about my BG readings is that I lost more than half my body weight over, from memory, about the 18 months after diagnosis, (not an option for everyone), I was extremely obese at diagnosis and had been generally putting on weight since my teens, I've obviously been somewhat carb intolerant for a long time but, like almost everyone else, I tried to follow the standard dietary 'advice' for many, many years :banghead:

I now eat a mix of two and three times a day, depends on when I have my 'main meal' (eg. Sunday it's mid afternoon), but I usually try not to eat much after 6pm, if I'm hungry in the evening I try to keep it to a snack of protein :D I aim for under 80g of carb a day, so not ultra LC. I tend to know when my weekly carb average has crept because I put weight on :sorry:

I have noticed that if I do a lot of exercise my fasting bg can be higher, almost as if my body is increasing the base level of reserve available ;) Likewise, if I don't eat at tea time or get up a bit later in the morning I do get a bit of dp.

I have great admiration for people who can do IF but it no longer suits me not to eat fairly regularly, before diagnosis, when I had a big buffer of onboard fat, I could go hours past a mealtime without worrying about it, now I sometimes get a bit stressed if I don't eat.

Probably TMI @Debandez but if any information I have can be helpful it's available. We're all different people I know and one size does not fit all :happy:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Reactions: karen8967