What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great videos, now which one was you? :joyful: Nothing like the real thing, wind in your hair, grit in your teeth, mud in your face, cold wet feet, frozen nose and that final hill when you think you have nothing left to give. Then after all of that, wet and freezing cold the enjoyment of spending an hour cleaning your Mountain Bike, then using the hose to clean yourself down before being allowed into the house. Surely you can see the appeal.
I would rather poke both eyes out with red hot pokers :) I'm a walk in the park (slow pace whenever possible!) kinda gal.

EDIT I have great admiration for you and ALL you do

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
25th 4.7
26th 6.6
27th 5.7
28th 4.5
29th 6.4

I'm doing some experimenting with food which is reflecting in fbs.

At my last support session at GP surgery I had a very frustrated t1 booked in. We chatted. I said I would collate lots of info for him. I've been doing this and ordered 2 books off Ebay, dr Bernstein's diabetes solution. He is 85 and diagnosed at age 12 (same age as pt). Also dr David cavan take control of type 1. I wrote down details of specific threads on DCUK he would find very beneficial, Twitter t1s who could help, Facebook forum links, YouTube links. Handed it to DN with covering letter for him. I hope he gets even a little from the pack.
Today I'm taking out my dear friend for lunch and a garden centre, she is 90 and now in a home. Her dementia is getting more challenging. Her daughter is going through chemo so is having to avoid seeing her for 12 weeks. So we are all pulling together.
BIL birthday so taking him out for dinner. Carvery. So today is food food food.

Have a good day everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
25th 4.7
26th 6.6
27th 5.7
28th 4.5
29th 6.4

I'm doing some experimenting with food which is reflecting in fbs.

At my last support session at GP surgery I had a very frustrated t1 booked in. We chatted. I said I would collate lots of info for him. I've been doing this and ordered 2 books off Ebay, dr Bernstein's diabetes solution. He is 85 and diagnosed at age 12 (same age as pt). Also dr David cavan take control of type 1. I wrote down details of specific threads on DCUK he would find very beneficial, Twitter t1s who could help, Facebook forum links, YouTube links. Handed it to DN with covering letter for him. I hope he gets even a little from the pack.
Today I'm taking out my dear friend for lunch and a garden centre, she is 90 and now in a home. Her dementia is getting more challenging. Her daughter is going through chemo so is having to avoid seeing her for 12 weeks. So we are all pulling together.
BIL birthday so taking him out for dinner. Carvery. So today is food food food.

Have a good day everyone.
You really are an angel...you are my patron saint of Diabetes Deb!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a challenge for you
I'm experimenting Debs...doing 12/14 hour fasts which at the moment are not yielding the results I would want...if the BG has not lowered consistently by Monday switching the plan...so far I'm finding better results with several meals a day...I may have been having too much protein I checking all angles then I'll make a decision.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm experimenting Debs...doing 12/14 hour fasts which at the moment are not yielding the results I would want...if the BG has not lowered consistently by Monday switching the plan...so far I'm finding better results with several meals a day...I may have been having too much protein I checking all angles then I'll make a decision.
I'm trying new recipes. Joe wicks stuffed peppers I give 11/10.
It's a learning curve but we will get there.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning… bed at 1am then up for a quick pit stop at 5am didn't test couldn't be bothered to face the stairs to get my testing kit...back to bed up at 07:30 tested at 6.6...no breakfast just a coffee tested again 10:30 it's gone up to 6.8...will continue my experiment until Monday if no progress another change...I know LCHF is right for me it's just how many & when to eat...ATM I am having roughly 20gms or under interestingly I seemed to be better when I had more we shall see...drove to Northampton yesterday my iPhone said issues on the M1 take this faster route...ever been scammed ?... it forgot to mention that route was single lane with lord knows how many slow moving lorries...occasionally a little progress then back to snails pace...hold on...exactly like my T2

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning… bed at 1am then up for a quick pit stop at 5am didn't test couldn't be bothered to face the stairs to get my testing kit...back to bed up at 07:30 tested at 6.6...no breakfast just a coffee tested again 10:30 it's gone up to 6.8...will continue my experiment until Monday if no progress another change...I know LCHF is right for me it's just how many & when to eat...ATM I am having roughly 20gms or under interestingly I seemed to be better when I had more we shall see...drove to Northampton yesterday my iPhone said issues on the M1 take this faster route...ever been scammed ?... it forgot to mention that route was single lane with lord knows how many slow moving lorries...occasionally a little progress then back to snails pace...hold on...exactly like my T2
Sending hugs for the challenges and medal for fasting. I cant do it. Hope you reap the rewards. I can have a few days where I think I am under control and then it changes up again but on we go and do our best. All quiet on the kitten front atm?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning Luvvies...

It's all the 6's here

6 am and i'm up at Six Rivers Falls with a 6.0 on the Guessometer

( Ok a little lie about the 6 am..but ya all started the day WITHOUT ME..:bigtears:..)

But i am out scoping out locations, you know .."Just in case" i get THAT call that says project Finger Prick is a GO ! :D

So, so far i think to not give away too much of the the thread plot, we are survivors of a Post Apocalytic Carbohydrate storm,
which has laid waste to much of what WE called society, so we are drifting.

I think to capture that moment we need an atmospheric theme Tune to open the Film..

rather spookily i had my normal morning convo with Alexa..
"Morning alexa, resume MY Music...and this, dear people was the FIRST song up..

I KNOW O-M-G..How weird is that....:wideyed:

but i think it's JUST Perfect...

Love to know what you all think would be best, or any songs or moments that might be suitable
Thinking of it as Guardians of the Galaxy, ( there's a little treat.)style...(pondering david batistuta for @ianpspurs and Vin Diesel of Arni for @johnpol )
Lots of Music, maybe even go the old style...thinking i might be carrying a Walkman as a sort of odd ball character thing

Anyway the 'provisional' theme tune

and THIS seems right for the DX Moments we all faced.

we all had that moments where Nothing of use was said, right..

that stunned silence at the Guilty verdict, handed down from those on high, with no real advise or Hope

The sounds running around our heads as we slowly walked home, shaken, shattered and
then looked it up :woot:..., and sat there bereft of hope..

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm trying new recipes. Joe wicks stuffed peppers I give 11/10.
It's a learning curve but we will get there.

I can't introduce 'new foods' as any change in diet also affects my INR levels...for instance I had a couple of Gin & Tonics last week & my levels were far too high...I drink very intermittently...however if I drank G & T regularly it's unlikely to affect my levels...it's a tricky balance... so food experimentation is difficult so I'm just concentrating on the carbs & when is best for me to eat.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All quiet on the kitten front atm?
Blimey PM you must be psychic...heard them thundering around upstairs thought great a nice break for another coffee...just wandered upstairs to check they've managed to shut the bedroom door on themselves so entertained themselves with what they could find...as I opened the door they charged at me then raced down for lunch...they've both had a very short wander into the garden...only for a couple of minutes with me standing at the door...they keep me busy...but loving having them more each day apart from when I found Charlie chewing the strap on my best pair of church's shoes!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks and all that jjraak but I don't want Julia Roberts to play my part...I want realism so Kathy Burke complete with her flagrant disregard for anyone else's status and full expletives...thanks.

Brilliant choice..a most underrated actress.

for those who know her for Waynetta and harry enfield

she is SO much more.
first saw here in Nil By Mouth with ray winstone.
a gritty film to say the least :wideyed:, and a testament to the acting that it IS a difficult watch,
she was brilliant.

So Kathy burke it is..

pencilled in my diary for you.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant choice..a most underrated actress.

for those who know here for waynetta and harry enfield

she is SO much more.
first saw here in Nil By Mouth with ray winstone.
a gritty film to say the least :wideyed:, and a testament to the acting that it IS a difficult watch,
she was brilliant.

So Kathy burke it is..

pencilled in my diary for you.
Thanks I love anything she has been in...something very real about her.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Luvvies...

It's all the 6's here

6 am and i'm up at Six Rivers Falls with a 6.0 on the Guessometer

( Ok a little lie about the 6 am..but ya all started the day WITHOUT ME..:bigtears:..)

But i am out scoping out locations, you know .."Just in case" i get THAT call that says project Finger Prick is a GO ! :D

So, so far i think to not give away too much of the the thread plot, we are survivors of a Post Apocalytic Carbohydrate storm,
which has laid waste to much of what WE called society, so we are drifting.

I think to capture that moment we need an atmospheric theme Tune to open the Film..

rather spookily i had my normal morning convo with Alexa..
"Morning alexa, resume MY Music...and this, dear people was the FIRST song up..

I KNOW O-M-G..How weird is that....:wideyed:

but i think it's JUST Perfect...

Love to know what you all think would be best, or any songs or moments that might be suitable
Thinking of it as Guardians of the Galaxy, ( there's a little treat.)style...(pondering david batistuta for @ianpspurs and Vin Diesel of Arni for @johnpol )
Lots of Music, maybe even go the old style...thinking i might be carrying a Walkman as a sort of odd ball character thing

Anyway the 'provisional' theme tune

and THIS seems right for the DX Moments we all faced.

we all had that moments where Nothing of use was said, right..

that stunned silence at the Guilty verdict, handed down from those on high, with no real advise or Hope

The sounds running around our heads as slowly walked home, shaken, shattered and bereft of hope..

Very creative as usual. Googled that guy - knew of Gabriel Batistuta (Batigol) - and the film:arghh:. Genre really not for me so I'll take a rain check on that one but such a kind thought. I do know the songs though so not entirely lost.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Can we have some Tom Waits :)

Oh, the SBS finally turned up. No, not the Special Boat Service but the Stupid Bin Service ;)

Reactions: geefull