What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
like.
Got a 'scene ' context @OldButBold

How about -

"We headed down to McKinnley station, heard the medvacs had left a group of new T2's to fend for themselves. We knew the only thing kept there was old corn from the Carb War so we needed to be fast, get them back home before their numbers went critical"

(not really a storyteller ;))

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How about -

"We headed down to McKinnley station,
heard the medvacs had left a group of new T2's to fend for themselves.

We knew the only thing kept there was old corn from the Carb War so we needed to be fast,
get them back home before their numbers went critical"

(not really a storyteller ;))

BRILLIANT STUFF.

Co opting for Screenplay adaptation writer executive..

(liking the ref, IF thats the right one )

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(liking the ref, IF thats the right one )

Yes, I borrowed from there. My gaming life means I am involved in several post-apocalyptic worlds so I'm glad I chose Keanu for yours, will need some John Wick skills :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
will need some John Wick skills :)
upload_2020-1-29_13-19-6.png

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No. Films are something I try to avoid as much as possible but from time to time I either walk into the wrong room or agree to humour Julie and end up seething quietly. Tend to make an exception for White Christmas.

Ah, so does that mean your role in @jjraak movie will be played by Wilfred Brambell? ;)

(j/k)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Too soon the phalarope
How high the sun
The KittenCat has awakened the dawn
Boot, saddle, to horse, and away

Oops, I seem to have stumbled into a pre-production meeting ...
Tom Selleck, where are you when we need you? --
It's your birthday today.

Oh, and BTW ...
7.3 on the meter; 3 on the thermometer

Got 'spurs?

7dd9b0cafe741308d6530d2b0235cb7e.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back off Muddy Bike Ride, shorter today, the ride not me. Now off to demolish the garden corner seat, it must go Mrs MC decreed.

@jjraak can we have a vehicle chase scene, no film should be without one, but in the interest of a Carbon Free Environment can it be on Mountain Bikes. I can arrive at the community on my Mountain Bike being chased by NHS Diabetic Nurses who want to feed me off The Eat Well Plate, they also are on Mountain Bikes. I will be stand in stuntman for Johnny Depp. We need a steep Rocky Mountain for me to throw myself down and as I expertly jump the rocks and speed around tight bends my Chasers can crash spectacularly until there is just one left. The final part of the Chase is through the muddy quagmire of despair through which I cycle arriving in the village covered in mud and exhausted but happy. That's how I get my name in the community, Muddy Cyclist. Of course the remaining NHS nurse does not make it and is seen crawling out of the quagmire, defeated.

Good choice of music so far. For this scene we could have this music

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
but in the interest of a Carbon Free Environment can it be on Mountain Bikes.
As I'm one of the stars played by the notable Shakespearean actress Miss Kathy Burke...I would say the chances of her being seated & staying on a mountain bike are minimal...never mind the poor Ninja Penguin who's feet will never be able to reach the pedals...I think we need a meeting with the producers & the director.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't introduce 'new foods' as any change in diet also affects my INR levels...for instance I had a couple of Gin & Tonics last week & my levels were far too high...I drink very intermittently...however if I drank G & T regularly it's unlikely to affect my levels...it's a tricky balance... so food experimentation is difficult so I'm just concentrating on the carbs & when is best for me to eat.

You have just given me an idea ...
Maybe I should eat the same foods day after day and see if and how my body adjusts to that ...
But it doesn't always happen that way in nature.
I might try it as an experiment.

Reactions: jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As I'm one of the stars played by the notable Shakespearean actress Miss Kathy Burke...I would say the chances of her being seated & staying on a mountain bike are minimal...never mind the poor Ninja Penguin who's feet will never be able to reach the pedals...I think we need a meeting with the producers & the director.
Hang on a minute....why are we the baddies? We should be stalwarts of Little Carbing..I could run the wet fish shop...lots of things you could do...lion tamer?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I read the scene of the T2s discovered abandoned at the depot and in need of rescue, while hearing "Horse With No Name" in my head, I pictured a scene similar to this one (which could be edited for a cut to the chase of @Muddy Cyclist and the NHS nurses' cycling team)

Reactions: gennepher