What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I still have my little old Nokia as a back up phone and charge it regularly. It still holds a charge very well. And it does have that snake game on....
I was texting people (hearing people) in the 1990’s trying to get them to use text in the days when no one texted, they just talked. Oh, it is too difficult to learn how to text they said, it’s too hard, we don’t know where it is on the phone, it will never catch on.......
>^..^<
Now I spend my time telling my 2 to stop texting and talk. How times change :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
She is.

My first hearing dog died of old age in 2002. Then my second hearing died also at the age of 13 in 2016. My first two dogs were rescue mongrels that Hearing Dogs had chosen and trained.

I was offered a 3rd one,(Claire had been Director and had left by this time). But my arthritis and other mobility problems meant it was harder now for me to take care of a dogs needs and grooming.

Also I had just gone through a traumatic year with Meg (my then Hearing Dog) where she’s had a brain tumour. It was a constant round of vets, Veterinary Hospitals, and one fraught emergency dash by me alone in my car, with Meg lifeless on the front seat, the drip had been disconnected because I wasn’t a trained medical person, from one veterinary hospital to the main one many miles away, because the veterinary ambulance wouldn’t arrive in time. Meg was dying.

I shall never forget that trip. But the main Veterinary Hospital saved her that day. Ten days later I took her home, and I did get permission from insurance for all the costs of chemotherapy.

But she was an older dog, and I made the decision to take her home rather than put her through the trauma of that. That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Surprising Meg lived another six months, and still did all her Hearing Dog duties. She was officially retired by then. But she didn’t know that she was retired, and still worked for all her tasks until the day she died in my arms.

I couldn’t go through the trauma of having another Hearing Dog. I am crying writing this. I didn’t think I was still this upset.

Meg was very devoted to me.
What an awful time for you.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.8 so not a great start to the week. Must try harder.
@Cumberland I am sorry you are having a rotten rollercoaster of BG lately. I really hope you can find a way to stabilise it and very soon, Hugs.
@Goacher55 letting a square of choc melt on your tongue is soothing for your throat.
@trick60 good luck in the new job..sounds just the ticket.@Bubbsie you made me laugh first one of the day. My grass is much the same except for lots of sorrel both red and green. Can you hire a sheep for a day? Here the ground has been very cold and no rain so I am waiting patiently.
Today I am sorting out the first car load of “stuff” back from Uni.
Have the best Monday you can everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I woke up at 3am with bad stomach acid, something I haven't had in a long while, and a fbg of 6.8. Had some carbs to knock the acid out and went back to bed, now I'm 7.3 which is more an 'after meal' figure. Hey-ho :banghead:

@Bubbsie I had a couple of patches like that in my own garden, it was easier to dig them out and lay some turf

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning @gennepher was just reading yesterdays posts. Thank you for telling us about Meg and how special she was. Pets have a way of stealing your heart and ask for so little in return. I loved the cartoon. Popeye looks like my Bobs who is a girl and walks like she’s in high heels, sashays! Have a good day Gennepher.

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 for me today

it's raining here this morning but it looks quite gentle, ideal for watering the new grass patches where we raked flat and reseeded the mole hills in mum's garden yesterday ;) but then again there are probably already some new ones by now :hilarious:

We need to phone the dog clipper this morning to see if we can get an appt. for Suzie to get her summer trim before it gets much warmer. She doesn't much care for being a hot dog :D

Hope your Monday goes smoothly :)

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 at 5.45 this morning. I am very surprised it was that low. I had a late lunch at my parents yesterday. Mum had done her best re low carb, she doesn't feel that it is a proper meal if it doesn't have lots of carbs. I felt duty bound to eat some of the things on offer. I refused the sweetcorn mash and roasts. Caved in to temptation on the Yorkshire Pudding, had a too large portion of Cauli cheese without thinking that she would have made the cheese sauce with flour, and also the gravy. Consequently my sugar was 4.3 before the meal and 9.5 2 hours after it.
I don't eat there often fortunately.
Ah well today is another day onwards and upwards or should that be downwards where glucose levels are concerned?
Have a good day

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 for me today

it's raining here this morning but it looks quite gentle, ideal for watering the new grass patches where we raked flat and reseeded the mole hills in mum's garden yesterday ;) but then again there are probably already some new ones by now :hilarious:

We need to phone the dog clipper this morning to see if we can get an appt. for Suzie to get her summer trim before it gets much warmer. She doesn't much care for being a hot dog :D

Hope your Monday goes smoothly :)
I see what you did there Haha. Hotdog! Very funny.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning @gennepher was just reading yesterdays posts. Thank you for telling us about Meg and how special she was. Pets have a way of stealing your heart and ask for so little in return. I loved the cartoon. Popeye looks like my Bobs who is a girl and walks like she’s in high heels, sashays! Have a good day Gennepher.
Thank you for reading.
Meg was one amazing Hearing Dog, worked brilliantly all her life. Those little ears were always on the alert for me.
Since Meg died, Popeye almost never leaves my side, or is within hearing/listening distance of me and comes running when I move. Popeye knows I cannot hear his miaow, and so uses his paws and claws (but gently) to grab my arm or leg to alert me to his needs...a cuddle or stroke or food or more things.
I love black and white cats with markings like this and your Bobs. High heels...makes me smile.

Have a brilliant day x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 at 5.45 this morning. I am very surprised it was that low. I had a late lunch at my parents yesterday. Mum had done her best re low carb, she doesn't feel that it is a proper meal if it doesn't have lots of carbs. I felt duty bound to eat some of the things on offer. I refused the sweetcorn mash and roasts. Caved in to temptation on the Yorkshire Pudding, had a too large portion of Cauli cheese without thinking that she would have made the cheese sauce with flour, and also the gravy. Consequently my sugar was 4.3 before the meal and 9.5 2 hours after it.
I don't eat there often fortunately.
Ah well today is another day onwards and upwards or should that be downwards where glucose levels are concerned?
Have a good day
Oh dear. I would have caved in too. I so love Yorkshire pudding...
Today will be a good day!
Your glucose levels will revert back to what they need to be.
Take care.
>^..^<

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I'm.very surprised at my 6.1 this morning! I had a mad moment yesterday. After a very long day preparing ALL woodwork then undercoating said woodwork and cleaning this that and the other, oh yes and mowing an almost 100 ft lawn I succumbed to a Chinese take away. Nothing in at home and too tired to shop. I usually have egg foo yung which doesnt effect my bs. But pushed the boat out and got salt n chilli chicken. I ate it with cauli rice to balance things as best I could. Pre meal 5.2 and 2 hours later 7.2 when it started coming down. Very happy with 6.1. I loved every mouthful. I do have the occasional treat and class as experiments to see how my dads army inside cope. Not doing too bad I'm happy to say.

Off to see an.old friend who is in a dementia home for respite for family. Hoping she is having a good day. Lovely lady. Then im going to take myself to sainsburys (cheese omelette and pot of tea) for breakfast and to write to my auntie. We have written weekly for many many years. Maybe up to 15. Probably more. She is an amazing woman. 10 children. Worked hard. Put them all through uni. 2 weren't suited and went on to be highly successful without degrees. Degrees not essential for success. My auntie went on herself to gain a degree and a masters at Dublin university. She is an incredibly determined lady. It's what she always wanted to do and by goodness she did it. She has been like a 2nd mum, moreso since my mum passed away 12 years ago.

Then to my job. Today's agenda is to finish undercoating. Starting to look good.

Happy Monday to all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cumberland so sorry to see this turbulent period for you continues. @trick60 hope the new job goes well. @Bildad the oopage yesterday had no ill effects so move on knowing you can please mum and T2. @PenguinMum maybe trying harder could well be the problem - yes, pot and kettle convo - @HarrisonK - esteemed thread starter - sorry to hear about gastric issues.
5.6 for me today off the back of defo sub 10 gms carbs - not really what the brochure promised but watchdog ain't willing to investigate. I have cured, or at least suspended, waking at really stupid o'clock - exercise bike at 3.45 am anyone? - so Miss D Phenomenon may be having a moment or several. The 5.6 ish that seems to be the mode is more in line with previous post brekkie or estimated IF interval. The June bloods have lots of answers to reveal with BG, lipids and nutrients . I still seem to be unravelling the issues lots of fasting last May and June caused. Have a great day folks.

Last edited: