What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah the British Museum our 'go to' place when we used to skip school...love the area & Bloomsbury in general it has an atmosphere you don't find much in London nowadays a certain gentility...I worked there many years in Hamish Hamilton (publishers) in Gt Russell Street...feels like a lifetime ago now happy days.
I love that area also. it is my favourite part of London. All my training is based 5 minutes from the British Museum in Little Russell Street. I stay at The Montague on the Gardens and go down a day early so I can have a leisurely visit to the Museum.

I think that is why Mr K calls my training trips 'jollies'.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hugs for your never ending lurgy, glad you can still take pleasure in your coffee. I often find if I’m ill that I go off it completely, which makes me feel even worse!
Just had a second while watching The Saint (Roger Moore is just so handsome) if I went off my coffee no idea how I'd cope with that.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher your painting today reminded me of the work of Edvard Munch. I went to a brilliant exhibition of his work at the British Museum last year.

weirdly, i'm seeing watership down..

maybe because of this
rabbit dont looo back.png

Nice to see you back up and making progress @gennepher
Awful how things long considered buried still affect us

best wishes for a nicer day today.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. 5.3 for me today, managed to get Den out before the rain came down too heavily. Coat was brilliant yesterday, thanks for your coat appreciation comments @PenguinMum and @SaskiaKC
I hope you can manage to lift yourself out of the depression spiral @gennepher , if sleeping helps then that’s most certainly the best thing for you. I loved the ethereal quality of today’s painting and your postcard story.
@karen8967 glad you managed to get yourself out of hypo territory, it seems a while since you’ve been there.
@HarryBeau hugs for your never ending lurgy, glad you can still take pleasure in your coffee. I often find if I’m ill that I go off it completely, which makes me feel even worse!
Good luck for those due HbA1c results @Muddy Cyclist I think that’s you ( I’ve missed quite a few pages in the last couple of days). Whatever the results are I reckon we’d all be a lot worse if we hadn’t found this place. Mine certainly would.
Off to Asda this morning to get a wheelbarrow load of my favourite coffee. It’s a bit of a trick so I don’t go often but I’m on my last pack. Good day to all.
thanks @DJC3 it has been a while since ive had a morning hypo but alls good,i do tend to hypo around tea-time but thats just the way its always been with me i have done basal testing of my long acting insulin and that seems fine so it is what it is i am very aware of it so am able to deal with it thanks again xx

Reactions: DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A busy little day yesterday running around the shops.

first cuppa and an FBG of 5.6..that'll do for me.

@Muddy Cyclist ..best of luck with the numbers..
@ickihun good numbers,
@HarryBeau hugs for the never ending cold
@OldButBold some times a day of being grumpy just gets it out of the system
@DJC a big up for your post but especially the "how much worse off would we be.." winner
@Barb McD excuse the query but your fbg always seems so low, is that mmol ?
@karen8967 , nice to see the jelly babies served their purpose.

Good day to you all.

oh, and @Ryhia ..did ya think i didn't read yours..;)

:D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3.9 this morning

I posted my conversation attempting to get my hba1c in the “what are you doing now & humorous stories” thread, but I’m way too knackered to repost in my phone...

It’s good though :)

Morning everyone, have the best day ever.

yep been there done that.

i suspect you mean here, but IS there such a thread :wideyed:

as for the phone i love that i can start on my phone when out or in other room,, then switch to the computer and finish off the posting.
it might be 'Magic' or big brother, but i like it..:D

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
So how do I give a hug cum winner rating? I suspect from reading your posts you have the resources not to be bounced into meds you don't want. Have a hinner rating and I hope appointment with DN goes well from your point of view not hers.
Good morning @ianpspurs. Thank you. I've never had a "hinner" before.:D My appointment was interesting. It was agreed I would increase my walking, continue relaxation to counteract the past year of full on stresses and ongoing anxieties re mum and re- focus on my low carbing more intensely so ---no increase in diabetic medication for now.:happy: She was concerned about my consistantly high blood pressure and pulse rate. Apparently there is recent evidence that taking blood pressure medication at night instead of in the morning may be more effective so I have agreed to try this for a few weeks then recheck. Also the drops have helped with my sore mouth but it remains very dry/ uncomfortable. Amitriptyline,which I take for my slipped disc pain, can cause this as can Vit. B12 deficiency so I'm to reduce my dose and to go for a blood test today. She checked my feet and said they were fine so with that and the dentist saying the same about my teeth at least two parts of me are doing well! LOL I am pleased that you seem to be settling well into your new home after what must have been a great change for you. Best wishes to you and yours.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good HbA1c result, I know what you mean about pressing for a number I have same issue. My HbA1c blood gathering is Tuesday afternoon so probably have results on Thursday, I hope it goes down to the 30's but I have been having quite a lot of readings in the 6 range so a little concerned.
Good morning @Muddy Cyclist. All the best for this afternoon. With your readings I'm sure your HbA1c will be fine.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning @ianpspurs. Thank you. I've never had a "hinner" before.:D My appointment was interesting. It was agreed I would increase my walking, continue relaxation to counteract the past year of full on stresses and ongoing anxieties re mum and re- focus on my low carbing more intensely so ---no increase in diabetic medication for now.:happy: She was concerned about my consistantly high blood pressure and pulse rate. Apparently there is recent evidence that taking blood pressure medication at night instead of in the morning may be more effective so I have agreed to try this for a few weeks then recheck. Also the drops have helped with my sore mouth but it remains very dry/ uncomfortable. Amitriptyline,which I take for my slipped disc pain, can cause this as can Vit. B12 deficiency so I'm to reduce my dose and to go for a blood test today. She checked my feet and said they were fine so with that and the dentist saying the same about my teeth at least two parts of me are doing well! LOL I am pleased that you seem to be settling well into your new home after what must have been a great change for you. Best wishes to you and yours.:)
That all sounds positive in terms of support for what you are doing and a hinner MK2. Never mind teeth and feet, your brain is razor sharp which is central to wellbeing. Settling in is interesting. The location near our boys and grandchildren is why we moved. Making this a home totally depends on how much work I can get done before I reach my estimation of the true potential value of this property. At the moment I see it as a fun puzzle and am having some nice wins. I need to see the job through then find out if we have made a home from a sound investment - Julie doesn't quite see things my way. Boys and grandchildren love having us this close.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That all sounds positive in terms of support for what you are doing. Never mind teeth and feet, your brain is razor sharp which I feel is central to wellbeing. Thanks for the comment on the move. Location near our boys and grandchildren is why we moved. Making this a home depends on how much work I can get done before I exceed my estimation of the true potential value of this property.
I don't know about that @ianpspurs. My brain feels quite blunt at times. You are truly blessed to have your family nearby. Keeping busy doing something positive is a good thing but don't do too much. It is important to look after yourself but I'm sure you are wise enough to pace yourself and still have the satisfaction of doing a good job. All the best to you.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know about that @ianpspurs. My brain feels quite blunt at times. You are truly blessed to have your family nearby. Keeping busy doing something positive is a good thing but don't do too much. It is important to look after yourself but I'm sure you are wise enough to pace yourself and still have the satisfaction of doing a good job. All the best to you.:)
Your brain is very sharp and yes, we are truly blessed. My effort at the moment is mainly playing with the spreadsheet and asking lots of what if questions to Julie and builders.

Reactions: dogslife

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: Turns out I may have been getting rather too many carbs from tea. At .2 gms per 100 mls my 700 mls mugs carry 1.4 gms a go on their own without any kind of milk/mylk/cream etc. How on earth I deal with that info I don't have a scoobie,. A hard enough job just became nigh on impossible:banghead::banghead: Some questions are probably best not asked.:bigtears:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears: Turns out I may have been getting rather too many carbs from tea. At .2 gms per 100 mls my 700 mls mugs carry 1.4 gms a go on their own without any kind of milk/mylk/cream etc. How on earth I deal with that info I don't have a scoobie,. A hard enough job just became nigh on impossible:banghead::banghead: Some questions are probably best not asked.:bigtears:
Wow! Where has that information come from,@ianpspurs?:rolleyes:

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks one and all for your wishing me good numbers for my afternoon HbA1c. Won't know the results until Thursday so will just have to sit back and do as @PenguinMum suggests and don't stress and hope that @dogslife and @ianpspurs encouraging predictions are correct.

Managed to get in a cold but wonderfully bright and sunny Muddy Cycle ride this morning, so mood is much better and aches and pains subsided although my BG is still 6.3 and all I had for breakfast was a boiled egg, yes I know that exercise pushes it up but never happy with numbers out of the 5s.

Soon be off to dodge the bugs at the health centre and receive my freely issued bruise, there is one nurse who always hurts but never causes a bruise, another that never hurts but causes huge bruises. I wonder which I will have the pleasure of meeting today?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a second while watching The Saint (Roger Moore is just so handsome) if I went off my coffee no idea how I'd cope with that.

Perfect viewing for when you’re feeling under the weather. I have to say that although Roger Moore is handsome, I was in love with Tony Curtis when they were both in the Persuaders.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks one and all for your wishing me good numbers for my afternoon HbA1c. Won't know the results until Thursday so will just have to sit back and do as @PenguinMum suggests and don't stress and hope that @dogslife and @ianpspurs encouraging predictions are correct.

Managed to get in a cold but wonderfully bright and sunny Muddy Cycle ride this morning, so mood is much better and aches and pains subsided although my BG is still 6.3 and all I had for breakfast was a boiled egg, yes I know that exercise pushes it up but never happy with numbers out of the 5s.

Soon be off to dodge the bugs at the health centre and receive my freely issued bruise, there is one nurse who always hurts but never causes a bruise, another that never hurts but causes huge bruises. I wonder which I will have the pleasure of meeting today?

I wonder which one you had? Think I’d rather have the bruise. I also had a blood test this morning, not for HbA1c butFBC and Haemoglobin as it was a bit low last time. Surprising considering the amount of red meat and spinach I eat. It wasn’t very low, and I feel fine so not really concerned. My nurse today was cheerful, chatty and neither hurt nor bruised. Full marks to her. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for your Thursday results.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks @DJC3 it has been a while since ive had a morning hypo but alls good,i do tend to hypo around tea-time but thats just the way its always been with me i have done basal testing of my long acting insulin and that seems fine so it is what it is i am very aware of it so am able to deal with it thanks again xx

You always manage it with such good grace Karen, but it must be exhausting.

Reactions: karen8967