What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.3 today, need to do some serious revaluation of diet, food field is narrowing.

HbA1c at 3.20 was going to cycle there but it's around school run time and could be kids and moms everywhere so maybe not.

In a grumpy mood I look a bit like @OldButBold avatar today so don't get us mixed up, oh and same BG Numbers.

@gennepher how are you today, have you improved your mood and feeling of wellbeing?

Go with care, look for the good in your day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...wow hardly any voice this morning wondering when this lurgy will let up...my ears have started humming bones aching & hardly any energy...hoping this is the worse it will get...coffee with double cream is easing me into my day...woke to a 7.4 again given the way I feel not surprised in the slightest

Reactions: Barb McD and DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke up to an Hawaii 5.0 this morning, can't pat myself on the back though as had a G&T last night to help me sleep. Sure I will pay for it over the next couple of days in higher numbers. We shall see...

Good morning all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9 at 4am

Thank you for your words yesterday @Muddy Cyclist &your painting is brilliant And thanks @SaskiaKC & for the humour with the 'mister', and thanks @Barb McD @PenguinMum @HarryBeau @Krystyna23040 @ianpspurs and anyone else I might have missed out

I was not in a good place, it was an incident on Sunday, an ongoing one for years, and it is the feeling of powerlessness because I cannot physically do anything about it...but I constantly try. Maybe I should give up trying.

There is another deeper root to all this. When I was a teenager, my father tore up all my paintings and artwork telling me I was useless etc etc. I was only a girl he said who would make nothing of her life. I went into a depression for the first time, a deep depression for over a year. Psychiatrists were bl**dy useless and compounded the issue. So, at various points, for various reasons I can spiral into depression. And this can go on for months. It is like trying to claw your way out of an impossibly bottomless hopeless pit. I found in the last few years that if I went to bed immediately when the feeling got bad, and did not try to soldier through the depression, then I could get out of it far quicker.

I am still feeling very vulnerable today, but what got me out of the depression last night, was a message from a total stranger. I belong to postcrossing as I have said before (I think), and random people send postcards to random strangers. You are given the address by Postcrossing. Anyway when I got her address a week ago, I looked at her bio I saw that she requested the postcard be put into an envelope if possible so it wouldn't be damaged (a lot of postcards do get damaged in the postal service), and she mentioned she was a single mum with a small daughter who liked pigs, and various other things she liked like mermaids etc. So I put in a postcard of a cute piglet, decorated the back of the card with stickers of the things the daughter liked. And I enclosed various stickers for the daughter to use herself, and there was more stuff I out in...erm a small postcard sized painting I had done, and more. I was only meant to send just the postcard!

But I had made someone and her daughter's day. They got this surprise envelope with these goodies inside. And she sent me the most wonderful message. Tears came to my eyes. I needed that yesterday.

So remember, any kindnesses you do will come back to you oneday. And it is beautiful when they do.

Okay, so here is my painting for this morning. I struggle each time I start a painting. I get very frustrated and believe it is useless and stupid. I do know my paintings can be good. But I don't and cannot see that. I can still remember more than half a century later the paintings my father tore up. There was one I really liked. It was a sunset with the black silhouettes of nettles in the front. I might recreate it one day.

I don't like today's painting and I still don't like yesterday's either. They are getting too dark. I think they are.

So this is the end of the line for for acrylics for the moment. I need a change of direction. I don't know what yet. I will find out tomorrow morning.

7AA9D4DD-D6E1-4E8B-8AC7-3EFEF23ADCB5.jpeg

Have a good day
Do what you want to do. To h*ll with others...
Hugs if you would like some
Take care

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9 at 4am

Thank you for your words yesterday @Muddy Cyclist &your painting is brilliant And thanks @SaskiaKC & for the humour with the 'mister', and thanks @Barb McD @PenguinMum @HarryBeau @Krystyna23040 @ianpspurs and anyone else I might have missed out

I was not in a good place, it was an incident on Sunday, an ongoing one for years, and it is the feeling of powerlessness because I cannot physically do anything about it...but I constantly try. Maybe I should give up trying.

There is another deeper root to all this. When I was a teenager, my father tore up all my paintings and artwork telling me I was useless etc etc. I was only a girl he said who would make nothing of her life. I went into a depression for the first time, a deep depression for over a year. Psychiatrists were bl**dy useless and compounded the issue. So, at various points, for various reasons I can spiral into depression. And this can go on for months. It is like trying to claw your way out of an impossibly bottomless hopeless pit. I found in the last few years that if I went to bed immediately when the feeling got bad, and did not try to soldier through the depression, then I could get out of it far quicker.

I am still feeling very vulnerable today, but what got me out of the depression last night, was a message from a total stranger. I belong to postcrossing as I have said before (I think), and random people send postcards to random strangers. You are given the address by Postcrossing. Anyway when I got her address a week ago, I looked at her bio I saw that she requested the postcard be put into an envelope if possible so it wouldn't be damaged (a lot of postcards do get damaged in the postal service), and she mentioned she was a single mum with a small daughter who liked pigs, and various other things she liked like mermaids etc. So I put in a postcard of a cute piglet, decorated the back of the card with stickers of the things the daughter liked. And I enclosed various stickers for the daughter to use herself, and there was more stuff I out in...erm a small postcard sized painting I had done, and more. I was only meant to send just the postcard!

But I had made someone and her daughter's day. They got this surprise envelope with these goodies inside. And she sent me the most wonderful message. Tears came to my eyes. I needed that yesterday.

So remember, any kindnesses you do will come back to you oneday. And it is beautiful when they do.

Okay, so here is my painting for this morning. I struggle each time I start a painting. I get very frustrated and believe it is useless and stupid. I do know my paintings can be good. But I don't and cannot see that. I can still remember more than half a century later the paintings my father tore up. There was one I really liked. It was a sunset with the black silhouettes of nettles in the front. I might recreate it one day.

I don't like today's painting and I still don't like yesterday's either. They are getting too dark. I think they are.

So this is the end of the line for for acrylics for the moment. I need a change of direction. I don't know what yet. I will find out tomorrow morning.

View attachment 38924

Have a good day
Do what you want to do. To h*ll with others...
Hugs if you would like some
Take care
Winner for art, it's good. Hug for you. I am pleased and relieved you are able to post today, I hope your mood quickly changes for the better. Look forward to seeing what direction your artistic skills take you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug and winner for you @gennepher and enjoy your breakfast. @Muddy Cyclist hope the HbA1c confirms you are doing everything you can in your own N=1 war on T2 : like Oranges, Bernstein ain't the only fruit. @karen8967 glad the hypo reversed. @OldButBold enjoy the drive. It rather seems as though REM's classic may be today's theme song - no. no, no, no you are not alone. @SaskiaKC we certainly do have Black Friday and Julie is proud of her Welsh heritage even though she was born in Chelsea. 90 minutes later than normal, sleep length and quality at high end of my expectations, weight and resting pulse in really good places. Fbg of 5.6 spoils the picture IMHO - repeatedly read >100 (5.5) dangerous. Personally feel >5 is a marker of this lifestyle being sub-optimal but targets/comfort zones are like bumholes - everyone has their own. Psalm 73 deals with Trump,Modi, Johnson,Orban and uncle Tom demagogue an all so on we go. No ashing service in this town - how will I be properly shriven? May your numbers be as low as you want and your pleasures be Montgolfier bros like.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 again for me.
@Muddy Cyclist I dont know if it helps any but I go through phases of bad numbers without any obvious reason. It seems that when the readings go up they stay there doggedly for a time. Try not to stress it wont help. We are all doing our best, otherwise we wouldnt be on here. @gennepher so great to see you back and hugs galore for all the pain. Love your paintings always. You and @Muddy Cyclist light up my days.@SaskiaKC seems there is money to be made in all year round door dressings, who knew! @HarryBeau sorry to hear you are still feeling rotten all I can think of is today you are a day closer to being well again. @OldButBold hope the day gets better and take care today. @karen8967 sorry for the rude awakening, take care.
Food shopping and housework for me today, a lovely sunny start to the day.
Have the best Tuesday you can. Stay well, stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 this morning. Was hoping it would have gone back into the low 5s as I had such an active day and evening back at work.

Very chilly doggie walk done - the field we walk in is so slippery and muddy now. Although we are so lucky here in Norfolk - no huge floods like in other parts of the country.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...wow hardly any voice this morning wondering when this lurgy will let up...my ears have started humming bones aching & hardly any energy...hoping this is the worse it will get...coffee with double cream is easing me into my day...woke to a 7.4 again given the way I feel not surprised in the slightest
A horrible lurgy - hope you feel a lot better very soon. I agree that the coffee and cream is a good way to start the day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found in the last few years that if I went to bed immediately when the feeling got bad, and did not try to soldier through the depression, then I could get out of it far quicker.
It is good that you have found a way to get out of your depression.

I do like your painting - it really reflects your mood.

Last night there was a stunning sunset in a really wild sky and it made me wish that I was like you and @Muddy Cyclist and could paint it.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sorry to hear you are still feeling rotten all I can think of is today you are a day closer to being well again.
Yes true PM… sitting here with the garden door slightly open while the Kittens explore outside wish they'd hurry up it's coldddddd...breakfasting with another coffee & Simon Templar (freeview channel 24) then a little potter to tidy...work know I'm not available so no charging off down the motorway...heating on & will light the fire...thank you.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the British Museum last year.
Ah the British Museum our 'go to' place when we used to skip school...love the area & Bloomsbury in general it has an atmosphere you don't find much in London nowadays a certain gentility...I worked there many years in Hamish Hamilton (publishers) in Gt Russell Street...feels like a lifetime ago now happy days.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.3 for me today, managed to get Den out before the rain came down too heavily. Coat was brilliant yesterday, thanks for your coat appreciation comments @PenguinMum and @SaskiaKC
I hope you can manage to lift yourself out of the depression spiral @gennepher , if sleeping helps then that’s most certainly the best thing for you. I loved the ethereal quality of today’s painting and your postcard story.
@karen8967 glad you managed to get yourself out of hypo territory, it seems a while since you’ve been there.
@HarryBeau hugs for your never ending lurgy, glad you can still take pleasure in your coffee. I often find if I’m ill that I go off it completely, which makes me feel even worse!
Good luck for those due HbA1c results @Muddy Cyclist I think that’s you ( I’ve missed quite a few pages in the last couple of days). Whatever the results are I reckon we’d all be a lot worse if we hadn’t found this place. Mine certainly would.
Off to Asda this morning to get a wheelbarrow load of my favourite coffee. It’s a bit of a trick so I don’t go often but I’m on my last pack. Good day to all.