What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah! KISS - one of my favourites from army days is P^6 : Prior Practice Prevents P*ss Poor Performance.
Use youtube to watch the inch by inch speech from Any given Sunday. That went down well with Y13 once Unis gave them offers based on grades. Spoiler alert - contains strong language like every winning "locker room" I've ever been in. I have never found a sanitised alternative. Very, very much my attitude to many things but especially sport and managing T2 via diet. Someone on the red team needs to deliver something similar pronto and repeat adnuseam. @gennepher hopefully you can get a text based version/sub titles. No "I" in team? Sure is in winner - lots of 'em and a hidden/implied U.

Last edited:

Jak13

Good afternoon all I was 7.8 this morning, I’ve been trying with low carbs and most days I’ve been ok with it, some days are harder and I’ve slipped a couple of times. This week I’m not shopping on line for the weekly sop so I’m hoping to see more foods I can have, especially snacks (I’m a crisp addict)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's one that went down well with Y13 once Unis gave them offers based on grades. Spoiler alert - contains strong language like every winning "locker room" I've ever been in. I have never found a sanitised alternative. Very, very much my attitude to many things but especially sport and managing T2 via diet. Someone on the red team needs to deliver something similar pronto and repeat adnuseam. @gennepher hopefully you can get a text based version/sub titles. No "I" in team? Sure is in winner - lots of 'em and a hidden/implied U.
I can relate @ianpspurs - I played rugby - Regimental level but no higher. Youngest son played for Birmingham and was in the GB national American football team (GB Lions) until a quite bad spinal injury ruined the whole deal - I expect it relates to him as well. Two nephews rugby for local teams and one of them on Irish National squat (splitter) - did I mention that soccer plays no part.

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon all I was 7.8 this morning, I’ve been trying with low carbs and most days I’ve been ok with it, some days are harder and I’ve slipped a couple of times. This week I’m not shopping on line for the weekly sop so I’m hoping to see more foods I can have, especially snacks (I’m a crisp addict)
Welcome @Jak13 - crisps, the Achilles heal of the unbelievers. Make your own why not? Loads of carb free and keto recipes on the wibbly wobbly web. Here is a dead easy fix: https://thebigmansworld.com/keto-cheese-chips/#recipe

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can relate @ianpspurs - I played rugby - Regimental level but no higher. Youngest son played for Birmingham and was in the GB national American football team (GB Lions) until a quite bad spinal injury ruined the whole deal - I expect it relates to him as well. Two nephews rugby for local teams and one of them on Irish National squat (splitter) - did I mention that soccer plays no part.
Hug for the spinal injury to your son and the Splitters - the specific sport or activity doesn't matter IMHO we all have different talents. I cannot fathom, never will, the it is not the winning that matters but the taking part that counts or the that's good enough nonsense . (making a pot of tea, the crispy skin on my salmon, the exact temperature milk or strength squash for my grandchildren etc have to be absolutely "right") You win by doing things the "right way - letter and spirit." If it matters in any way you do it right or don't bother. For me Jesus was the perfect example but your mileage may vary.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-29 15.01.53.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-29 15.01.53.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another exquisitely quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of sautéed cabbage with bacon and onion with a couple of what the heck sausages came in at 5.4 this am.

Solicitors - those silent ghouls that suck out the lining of your purse and chew on the string. “We are in the process of compiling a report about the house that you are purchasing.” - Ah! A report you say! So that’s why you are bleeding me dry - the best telephonic communications available in the world and we can only use email strengthening the rumors that solicitors are not humans. Still, better that having to resort to Fax or a carrier pigeon. Interesting video conversation with the ninky nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse last night as they went outside their house to light their pumpkin lanterns strangely followed by demonstrations of press ups! Life is different when you are 4. I have no idea if Halloween will be participated in tonight but I suppose that we should get a bucket full of haribo stuff - it seems popular. The girl in the bubble is staying over so I hope that she is not woken by constant ringing of the door bell.

Art bit - more soapy water dribbles. Have a wonderful day, Jurgen and family are traveling to Germany this evening - yes, the Clops go back tonight - koffy - I need koffy, that was terrible.

upload_2021-10-30_6-43-3.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another exquisitely quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of sautéed cabbage with bacon and onion with a couple of what the heck sausages came in at 5.4 this am.

Solicitors - those silent ghouls that suck out the lining of your purse and chew on the string. “We are in the process of compiling a report about the house that you are purchasing.” - Ah! A report you say! So that’s why you are bleeding me dry - the best telephonic communications available in the world and we can only use email strengthening the rumors that solicitors are not humans. Still, better that having to resort to Fax or a carrier pigeon. Interesting video conversation with the ninky nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse last night as they went outside their house to light their pumpkin lanterns strangely followed by demonstrations of press ups! Life is different when you are 4. I have no idea if Halloween will be participated in tonight but I suppose that we should get a bucket full of haribo stuff - it seems popular. The girl in the bubble is staying over so I hope that she is not woken by constant ringing of the door bell.

Art bit - more soapy water dribbles. Have a wonderful day, Jurgen and family are traveling to Germany this evening - yes, the Clops go back tonight - koffy - I need koffy, that was terrible.

View attachment 51838
I love these soapy water ones @dunelm
The way it creates the mountains...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Foxy Loxy appeared last night, like a ghostly apparition....

So, here he is in my sketchbook. Black fountain pens and spray water, with a tiny bit of watercolour white...

F7C3710C-6A78-4A43-98AE-E39EBCBCA023.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all as we here in the UK watch the year die - me no likey. As @dunelm said the Klopps go back - Penguin book of dad jokes or all your own work?. Coat's hanging in the hall, don't let the door bang yer ---- bum on the way out son. My fbg is likely to have been in the 5s and at some stage produce an equally underwhelming normal A1c. I'm grateful and all that but sheesh. I hated puzzles as a kid, can't stand sudoko and wanted no part of Rubik's carp. Making Elsie and all her works fit into pleasure, adequate nutrition (sans all kind of marvellous supplements) and providing enough power for even a two volt **rt is a nightmare. World record nappy changes yesterday - Metamium makers must now be on overtime as well. - for a far too photogenic granddaughter. Elsie and my fellow Americans - citizens V cuddly gel. So one sided just concede.
Edit: How rude. Thanks for the art @dunelm and @gennepher. Hope the Admin goes well @Krystyna23040 and y'all have spiffing but safe days. Safedays, everything you want from a a store and a little bit more.:angelic:

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening ladies and gentlemen from a rather damp Tilehurst Towers.

Blood sugars
Yesterday….4.7
Today………4.8

Here’s me and me’s recipe for Christmas sprouts if you are lucky enough to find any.
1 knob of butter gently heated in a frying pan, add one finely diced red onion and 3 rashers of vegan bacon lardons.
Fry the bacon and lardons until they are cooked then serve while still warm.
Stay safe all and think about water proof footware, now it’s time for my koffy.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Blood sugars
Yesterday….4.7
Today………4.8

Here’s me and me’s recipe for Christmas sprouts if you are lucky enough to find any.
1 knob of butter gently heated in a frying pan, add one finely diced red onion and 3 rashers of vegan bacon lardons.
A hug for the low readings but laughter and merriment for the zero sprout recipe. I myself am quite adept at swapping ingredients in recipes - only last week I swapped beans for egg and toast for bacon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A hug for the low readings but laughter and merriment for the zero sprout recipe. I myself am quite adept at swapping ingredients in recipes - only last week I swapped beans for egg and toast for bacon.
Creative little soul ain't ya? Like most of Elsie's wizard wheezes devoid of any kind of joy. Abandon hope all ye who eat this way, style of thing. Oh, c'mon fella, spam fritters, chips and beans versus Diet Drs cabbage casserole? Only a true believer would take that swap by choice. Eat to yer meter and feel as though you live to 90000000. Yes Billy, honesty IS so hard to find - UK shelves strangely bare - and absolutely what I need from you. I think the Age of Optimism email must be in my spam tray/tin Wait, keto teriyaki sauce, keto sushi?

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Blood sugars
Yesterday….4.7
Today………4.8

Hugs for those pesky low readings @alf_Josiah