What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was just thinking about the gravy issue. Would proper gravy really be that bad on a roast dinner. Mr K would never give up gravy but I have never liked it and just tolerated it because everyone had gravy on their roasts - even though I found gravy a bit yuk (or actually quite a bit yuk). I am really happy to say no to it now.

I do however love a tomato based sauce and I would not give up my lovely shoulder of lamb slow cooked with rather a lot of tomatoes and Aubergines. Too many tomatoes for low carb but it doesn't seem to affect my BG.
@Krystyna23040 normal gravy seems the only way for me to go mitigated by wine and exercise if possible. My other major sorrow with Elsie is the loss of tomato, onion and garlic based sauces and casseroles. I actually ate (and enjoyed) aubergines in Pafos - can't stand them in UK. @SlimLizzy so kind of you to pass on Mr Slim's recipe but butter and or cream used that way are the reddest of red lines for me. Any foodies know if crème fraîche would would work instead but this is all a faff for one. Pure Elsie is hell on earth/unendurable for me. Hug - @Krystyna23040 - for the roadworks and need for Mr K - what an absolute legend he is.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings Homo Diabeticus hereon assembled. ‘Tis the season for http://www.fenlandcelery.com/ :woot: but one feels the need for the low carb Hummus and Gaucamole to partner the d**n jolly fine fenland celery from a farm shop in my favourite village in this part of the world. Said village is obviously in Cambs and has a spiffing cricket ground. The celery is also better than average with a quality Stilton (name is Cambs village but made in Leicestershire, meh). Compulsory test clear, now for a few extras then Swipey up. @SlimLizzy , good news on the electrical and roofing front you must be excited if feeling a little apprehensive of another false dawn. @dunelm good man for keeping an eye on you friend and thank you for sharing your gift of art. @gennepher so of the moment and so you to upcycle/waste not that paper and delight old grouches such as me with your gifts of creativity and fighting spirit. Two year-old granddaughter spent the night in hospital needing some oxygen. Controlling my T2 is most certainly necessary but very much not sufficient to emerge triumphant from the current 21 month mess and the near rupture of my trust in Elsie. I am certain The Almighty did not create and save me merely grit my teeth and cope. There is a route to a win in the here and now which is just obscure to me for now. The stays? Collective amnesia holds sway. Give me a hug and I’ll put you on ignore.
Hugs for two year old granddaughter
g69008.gif

And thanks @ianpspurs for my compliments.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings Homo Diabeticus hereon assembled. @SlimLizzy , good news on the electrical and roofing front. You must be excited if feeling a little apprehensive of another false dawn. @dunelm good man for keeping an eye on your friend and thank you for sharing your gift of art. @gennepher so of the moment and so you to upcycle/waste not that paper and delight old grouches such as me with your gifts of creativity and fighting spirit.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@Krystyna23040 normal gravy seems the only way for me to go mitigated by wine and exercise if possible. My other major sorrow with Elsie is the loss of tomato, onion and garlic based sauces and casseroles. I actually ate (and enjoyed) aubergines in Pafos - can't stand them in UK. @SlimLizzy so kind of you to pass on Mr Slim's recipe but butter and or cream used that way are the reddest of red lines for me. Any foodies know if crème fraîche would would work instead but this is all a faff for one. Pure Elsie is hell on earth/unendurable for me. Hug - @Krystyna23040 - for the roadworks and need for Mr K - what an absolute legend he is.
@ianpspurs We are only talking a knob of butter in the gravy, not ounces of the stuff. I don't understand how Crême fraiche would be acceptable if butter and cream are not.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.15am FBG 6.1
That is probably the late dinner, since i am now back onto LC, mostly! Used the second oven, and now know it doesn't heat up properly. Because of that dinner was very late, nearly 9pm, which meant I had to have a small piece of crispy fried bread with my wine beforehand. The wine was some MrSlim had ordered direct from the vineyard, intended for Xmas, delivered yesterday, so of course we had to taste test... Although opening three bottles in twenty mins did seem a bit excessive to me.:D I declined a taste of the red.:rolleyes:
The weather has now turned cold and windy. So far so good. The electrician has arrived and we should have lights and some heating today. He can't enable the whole lot as we still don't have enough power. Sometime next year? The electrician will be changing the fuse box? You can tell i dont exactly understand the process. :bag: After that we will have more power available.
The roofer is scheduled for next week, I think. Can't really believe they are finally coming. It's almost bound to rain when roofers are here. We had a wet summer, but so far autumn has been mostly dry. Is the rain waiting for the most inconvenient time?
Have caught two mice in the kitchen.
Rather horribly one of them escaped the trap and was wandering about obviously injured. I showed it to next doors cat, who was hanging about, but she declined the offer and I had to finish it off myself :sour:
Wish we could find out how they get in.:banghead:
Owl box had been requested.
@dunelm boxes everywhere. Hope you labelled them all...
All the best for the visit of the roofers. I think that in France, electricity is delivered as three phase with each phase distributed to different parts of the house. I remember when we refurbished my brothers place that the electrician asked him how much power he wanted. Boxes - all with labels on - but lots of them. Most are consigned to the garage until we make room for things.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the stillness of the dawn here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Thai restaurants and lip smacking Pad Thai (I know) came in at 6.2 this am - ooh you are naughty, but I like you.

Not a lot happening yesterday - mainly because I don’t relish hobbling about outside with a stick. Girl in the bubble entertained us yesterday afternoon with a tea party and chortling tales of babble and laughter. A rep came yesterday to give us a quote on work required, another today, early afternoon and then a third on Thursday. And, just to push the boat out, a forth on 5 December. MRI early evening and that’s about all for today I think.
Art - a bit hurried, but still. I hope that you all have a very good day - confusion reigns with us - bin day has been changed - what a catastrophe! I need some koffy.

upload_2021-11-24_7-3-18.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37 and dogslife

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the stillness of the dawn here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Thai restaurants and lip smacking Pad Thai (I know) came in at 6.2 this am - ooh you are naughty, but I like you.

Not a lot happening yesterday - mainly because I don’t relish hobbling about outside with a stick. Girl in the bubble entertained us yesterday afternoon with a tea party and chortling tales of babble and laughter. A rep came yesterday to give us a quote on work required, another today, early afternoon and then a third on Thursday. And, just to push the boat out, a forth on 5 December. MRI early evening and that’s about all for today I think.
Art - a bit hurried, but still. I hope that you all have a very good day - confusion reigns with us - bin day has been changed - what a catastrophe! I need some koffy.

View attachment 52200
Great willow art @dunelm
Good luck for quotes, and MRI

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Will catch up with posts later. Not sure why this morning is flying by so fast - dog walk shortly then off to teach classes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Creative today....
Experimenting with this Daler-Rowney sketchbook A5.
Drawing trees with some of the different black pens I have.
So, six trees with six different pens, each sprayed 3 times.

I have more and more black pens, so I will experiment today with all I can find. Put the different pens in bags and label. Then I will have an idea how they may work with water.
I can see different uses for them in how I might want to create a painting.

The middle one at the top would be great for something misty as the branch lines vanish completely. The one on the top left still retains the branches. And so on.

Why do I have so many black pens? Actually some of these are 25 plus years old. J and I used to look round art shops, craft shops etc. And if there was nothing I wanted to buy, I always bought something because I had spent time in someone's shop (maybe to get out of the rain, or I had been given a tea or a hot chocolate and talked with the owner, and I felt it was courtesy to buy at least a little something, hence I thought black pens would always be useful...).

I took the staples out of the sketchbook as you can see. The sketchbook was too restrictive stapled together.

I need coffee now...

7067D4F1-C32F-4C94-9623-92E228BD07C6.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
‘Tis the season for http://www.fenlandcelery.com/ :woot: goes well with the lowest carb bought Hummus (cauliflower hummus is an absolute nonsense) and Gaucamole (give h/m a whirl). Good F C from a farm shop in my favourite village in this part of the world. Obviously in Cambs with a spiffing cricket ground. Magical with a quality Stilton, which is in Cambs, but now made in Leicestershire - murky history. @gennepher wonderful creative and so you buying something from shops not simply "using" them. @dunelm Thank you for sharing your artwork. I hope the reps give "competitive" quotes, the MRI goes well and you adjust to the new bin day time zone. Pithiest statement of where I'm at is this: The Lord hath chastened and corrected me but he hath not given me over unto death. Deride the source by all means but I'm here - fitbit doesn't lie:angelic:. Superpower Bin Day and Thanksgiving tomorrow - Yee-haw:angelic: I found this fascinating and troubling in equal measure. £11 for a "better" chicken - from a supermarket:rolleyes:? I'd expect to pay nearer £15-20 from a good farmer's market.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, national bin day again, wow how quick these bin days occur.

A 6.1 this morning.

have a great day all.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
‘Tis the season for http://www.fenlandcelery.com/ :woot: goes well with the lowest carb bought Hummus (cauliflower hummus is an absolute nonsense) and Gaucamole (give h/m a whirl). Good F C from a farm shop in my favourite village in this part of the world. Obviously in Cambs with a spiffing cricket ground. Magical with a quality Stilton, which is in Cambs, but now made in Leicestershire - murky history. @gennepher wonderful creative and so you buying something from shops not simply "using" them.@dunelm Thank you for sharing your artwork. I hope the reps give "competitive" quotes, the MRI goes well and you adjust to the new bin day time zone. Pithiest statement of where I'm at is this: The Lord hath chastened and corrected me but he hath not given me over unto death. Deride the source by all means but I'm here - fitbit doesn't lie:angelic:. Superpower Bin Day and Thanksgiving tomorrow - Yee-haw:angelic: I found this fascinating and troubling in equal measure. £11 for a "better" chicken - from a supermarket:rolleyes:? I'd expect to pay nearer £15-20 from a good farmer's market.
Thanks @ianpspurs
I have amassed a lifetime worth of black pens in this way, and even those from 25 years ago are still working beautifully. I can still remember where I bought many of them. For example the Berol handwriting pens (that did the tree on the bottom right) were bought in Ormskirk one summer's Saturday in about 1998/9. I can remember the car I had, and where I parked it...and I still remember the seller of the pens...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Creative today....
Experimenting with this Daler-Rowney sketchbook A5.
Drawing trees with some of the different black pens I have.
So, six trees with six different pens, each sprayed 3 times.

I have more and more black pens, so I will experiment today with all I can find. Put the different pens in bags and label. Then I will have an idea how they may work with water.
I can see different uses for them in how I might want to create a painting.

The middle one at the top would be great for something misty as the branch lines vanish completely. The one on the top left still retains the branches. And so on.

Why do I have so many black pens? Actually some of these are 25 plus years old. J and I used to look round art shops, craft shops etc. And if there was nothing I wanted to buy, I always bought something because I had spent time in someone's shop (maybe to get out of the rain, or I had been given a tea or a hot chocolate and talked with the owner, and I felt it was courtesy to buy at least a little something, hence I thought black pens would always be useful...).

I took the staples out of the sketchbook as you can see. The sketchbook was too restrictive stapled together.

I need coffee now...

View attachment 52201
Interesting stuff. I like the one bottom centre. The colour and the spread

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
‘Tis the season for http://www.fenlandcelery.com/ :woot: goes well with the lowest carb bought Hummus (cauliflower hummus is an absolute nonsense) and Gaucamole (give h/m a whirl). Good F C from a farm shop in my favourite village in this part of the world. Obviously in Cambs with a spiffing cricket ground. Magical with a quality Stilton, which is in Cambs, but now made in Leicestershire - murky history. @gennepher wonderful creative and so you buying something from shops not simply "using" them. @dunelm Thank you for sharing your artwork. I hope the reps give "competitive" quotes, the MRI goes well and you adjust to the new bin day time zone. Pithiest statement of where I'm at is this: The Lord hath chastened and corrected me but he hath not given me over unto death. Deride the source by all means but I'm here - fitbit doesn't lie:angelic:. Superpower Bin Day and Thanksgiving tomorrow - Yee-haw:angelic: I found this fascinating and troubling in equal measure. £11 for a "better" chicken - from a supermarket:rolleyes:? I'd expect to pay nearer £15-20 from a good farmer's market.
Hm! Fenland Celery - only available for 8 short weeks at your local Fortnum & Mason - sounds a winner. Chickens - stack them high and sell them cheep! Can you flog a Poulet De Bresse or even a Label Rouge chicken to the Brits?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hm! Fenland Celery - only available for 8 short weeks at your local Fortnum & Mason - sounds a winner.
Doubt whether I could lay my hands on much more than 4000 acres of the stuff just now.:angelic: Fortnum and Mason opprobrium? Because Betty's of Harrogate is so unpretentious and such good value - I must have been dreaming. Every region seems to have a wannabee - (near the fragrant Mary A.) @Krystyna23040 what is the Norwich/N Norfolk entry?

Last edited: