What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, it’s the middle of the week and the day before the parade of the bin lorry here in the dark and dangerous north. Dragging myself out of bed this morning, I found (well, saw) that during the cover of darkness, the carpet cleaner had been stationed in the middle of the sitting room. What could it mean? I shall leave it where it is. Further exploration into signaling of any kind without direction or supervision might be dangerous. I can do morse code and wave some blue and white flags at a push but a carpet cleaner making an appearance in the centre (ish) of a room? Well left alone I think. Health and safety and all that. Art bit, finishing off the scratchy details. Hope your day is a good one. My koffy is ready.

View attachment 59754
That alien object is best left alone...
Enjoy your coffee...
And working on that lighthouse magic...

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Played in the golf comp yesterday and we got in just as the first flurry of snows came in. One of the women at the club mis-entered her details so I had to wait until today when the handicap and comps secretary sorted out the mess and... I WON! It was a lovely round with two better players by far than me but they were encouraging and fun to play with, and I think that (and moving up to slightly better golf balls for improvers) helped. My handicap also got cut by a full point!
However, was pretty tired and crashed early watching a film, and so decided I would skip the spin bike and have a bit of a lie in. But in the excitement to see if I had won the comp/handicap shenanigans, I forgot to swipe the libre - then as I was in the shower the other golf ops guy on shift with me today told me that the course was closed due to snow, and nt to bother coming in.
So... on the spin-bike I jumped and forgot swipey again!

So TL; DR? Didn't swipe because I got distracted by sleep, golf scores, handicap and generally being a menopausal Woolley-headed woman.
Try again tomorrow eh! Supposed to be playing a practice round with a friend but I think it might get canned.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Played in the golf comp yesterday and we got in just as the first flurry of snows came in. One of the women at the club mis-entered her details so I had to wait until today when the handicap and comps secretary sorted out the mess and... I WON! It was a lovely round with two better players by far than me but they were encouraging and fun to play with, and I think that (and moving up to slightly better golf balls for improvers) helped. My handicap also got cut by a full point!
However, was pretty tired and crashed early watching a film, and so decided I would skip the spin bike and have a bit of a lie in. But in the excitement to see if I had won the comp/handicap shenanigans, I forgot to swipe the libre - then as I was in the shower the other golf ops guy on shift with me today told me that the course was closed due to snow, and nt to bother coming in.

So TL; DR? Didn't swipe because I got distracted by sleep, golf scores, handicap and generally being a menopausal Woolley-headed woman.
Try again tomorrow eh! Supposed to be playing a practice round with a friend but I think it might get canned.
Congratulations on the win and handicap cut. Swipey doesn't react well to showers the readings become positively vertiginous - not the water as many use a waterproof covering , people think the heat is the problem - so good news that you avoided a shock. To save posts I attach a sad reminder of how even good ideas can become corrupted. It was ever thus but Sauron's arm has now become long indeed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-08 09.43.35.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 09.43.35.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

On the nighttime wildlife camera

Midnight is on the swing at the beginning of the evening, he's waiting for me to go to bed and then he'll come in.

Foxy Loxy is the first to visit.
Then Jade comes along for her cat biscuits on the swing.
A badger comes along next.
Then another badger.
Marmalade walks past.
Midnight decides it's time he came in, but comes out for a brief look later when I visit the bathroom in the night.
Little Amy is next and then Jade again.
Foxy Loxy seems rather wary.
And then a most lovely surprise. Merlin jumps on the swing from the back and gives the fox a warning and the fox goes away.
(I had thought that after the fight between Merlin and the large Marmalade, Merlin might have lost the fight and been driven away, but Merlin is a stayer)
I am so pleased Merlin has not been driven away by the bully Marmalade.
The two badgers comprise most of the second half of the video.They are frisky...
One badger is KissyKissy, the second is a larger badger. I have seen it before and it always has a dirty muddy face.
I have always called KissyKiissy a she because of the playful nature of that badger, but I am beginning to suspect my assumption might be wrong...

So despite what happened a couple of days ago, the cats fighting in my kitchen, all the regular cats are present and correct. And I'm glad Merlin looks assertive.

Creative is a digital sheep painting.

The stray cats have all been fed this morning. They have emerged from hiding, from whatever was upsetting them yesterday. I am guessing from body language this morning between them, that Merlin came out victorious from his battle with the large Marmalade. Obviously size is not everything....

You have no idea how pleased I am that Merlin did not get driven away. He was a skinny lost thing when he came here a few weeks ago. He is looking more substantial now, and if he wants extra wet food, he asks me. Fortunately Jade is very much a dry cat biscuit eater, so Merlin gets her portion!

Everyone has been fed, including me, and those sparrows...

Time for another cuppa tea.

Have your best day.

AA060512-AF51-4BAF-A0B3-ACD6C8623D24.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Congratulations on your win!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Fbg 6.7

Midnight is on the swing at the beginning of the evening, he's waiting for me to go to bed and then he'll come in.

Then another badger.
Marmalade walks past.
Midnight decides it's time he came in, but comes out for a brief look later when I visit the bathroom in the night.
And then a most lovely surprise. Merlin jumps on the swing from the back and gives the fox a warning and the fox goes away.
(I had thought that after the fight between Merlin and the large Marmalade, Merlin might have lost the fight and been driven away, but Merlin is a stayer)
The two badgers comprise most of the second half of the video.They are frisky...
One badger is KissyKissy, the second is a larger badger. I have seen it before and it always has a dirty muddy face.
I have always called KissyKiissy a she because of the playful nature of that badger, but I am beginning to suspect my assumption might be wrong...

So despite what happened a couple of days ago, the cats fighting in my kitchen, all the regular cats are present and correct. And I'm glad Merlin looks assertive.

The stray cats have all been fed this morning. They have emerged from hiding, from whatever was upsetting them yesterday. I am guessing from body language this morning between them, that Merlin came out victorious from his battle with the large Marmalade. Obviously size is not everything....

You have no idea how pleased I am that Merlin did not get driven away. He was a skinny lost thing when he came here a few weeks ago. He is looking more substantial now, and if he wants extra wet food, he asks me. Fortunately Jade is very much a dry cat biscuit eater, so Merlin gets her portion!

Have your best day.

View attachment 59757
So glad Merlin is back. Worrying that he might have felt the need to move on when he has become part of the established gang in your garden.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Then another badger.
Marmalade walks past.

Have your best day.

View attachment 59757
Thanks for sharing the creative. Definitely also a monkey in there today. Was it intentional? Surely there aren't any of those in your garden?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-08 16.41.25.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 16.41.25.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 39

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for sharing the creative. Definitely also a monkey in there today. Was it intentional? Surely there aren't any of those in your garden?
Oh wow!
Took me a moment to see the monkey properly!
I usually see owls as well in the sheep's wool.
It's just my scribbles when I am painting!

Depends what you are referring to as a little monkey...that fox is cheeky...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Not everyone's cup of tea (@ianpspurs ;) )

But for those so inclined, I just spotted Apple TV, have made the "WOOL" Books trilogy into a TV series.

Books a real page turner, fingers crossed, show's half as good.

Hello fellow greaser, glad you are making steady progress, now I wonder if you wouldn’t mind posting details of these “ Wool “ books, I like to read fantasy and science fiction.
Thanks
Alf J

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello fellow greaser, glad you are making steady progress, now I wonder if you wouldn’t mind posting details of these “ Wool “ books, I like to read fantasy and science fiction.
Thanks
Alf J
It's available on Amazon. The whole trilogy for about £10. They also have individual books from the trilogy, also at £10 each. They do also have it as an audio book.

BG has stayed lowish all day. Happy with that. :happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks
Alf J

Reviews are good

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Book began like many these days as a posting in chapters to the web, to see if it was viable.

Chap got a book deal on the back of that and now a TV series...dreams do come true.

which appeared in a sequence over several months as self-published on-line editions authored by Hugh Howey. He became a bit of an internet celebrity for the success of his on-line publishing, which bypassed the usual processes of publishing houses

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have long to go before you get off the treadmill, Krystyna?
But you perhaps like keeping really active?
Best wishes
Derek
Actually I am well past retirement age but love what I do. Although perhaps not the admin part of it. It just feels so good being able to help people get fitter and also help rehab injured clients.

I also do love being active.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Early mornings this week are beginning to grind. 05:41 6.1 ➡️
Wednesday's Carbs: 131g - in the green zone.
An unexpected day off from the golf club thanks to the flurry of snow - today is a playing/practice day with a friend who has just become a grandma for the first time.

Spent most of yesterday ploughing through articles to put up for my own sports site. Trying to also "guide" a local prospective client into some copywriting. Tomorrow is D-day on that front. Have suggested we meet again - he seems up for it, so will try and coax him into a formal agreement for about 24-hours (3 days) of work spread over a couple of months at a discount, in the hope of also getting a written testimonial out of him. I am not a natural salesperson - so this feels.... tricky. But he is a local personal trainer and it is an area I have a lot of enthusiasm for and hopefully that will make the difference.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another disappointing day without snow here in the dark and dangerous north. Par for the course really as we don’t seem to get much of this white stuff, just a dusting. And just like a govt U turn, as soon as you say one thing - small white blobs begin drifting down to cover the ground. Anyhow, doctors appointment at 10 - a real live doctor in a real doctor’s surgery where surgery does not actually happen - should be called a doctors consultation or better, doctors best guess of the day complete with chin stroking and looking at a computer screen - wonder if they just use Google!. Art bit, a bit enthusiastic with colour but never mind. Hope you all enjoy your own version of International Bin Day. Best make some koffy.

1678347650248.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another disappointing day without snow here in the dark and dangerous north. Par for the course really as we don’t seem to get much of this white stuff, just a dusting. And just like a govt U turn, as soon as you say one thing - small white blobs begin drifting down to cover the ground. Anyhow, doctors appointment at 10 - a real live doctor in a real doctor’s surgery where surgery does not actually happen - should be called a doctors consultation or better, doctors best guess of the day complete with chin stroking and looking at a computer screen - wonder if they just use Google!. Art bit, a bit enthusiastic with colour but never mind. Hope you all enjoy your own version of International Bin Day. Best make some koffy.

View attachment 59760
That is definitely an explosion of colour.....

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good happy national bin day Morening fellow posters and painters.

Blood sugars this damp morning were a 7.2, given the circumstances I’m happy with that.

@dunelm, good luck with the consultation this morning.
@Annb and @jjraak many thanks for the information, I shall have a look.

I’m not sure if me, me’s and myself are being taken shopping this morning, but if I do I have a plan to get banished to the koffy shop. If I don’t then I shall fill the time usefully with a mid morning nap, ah the joys of being old.

Now I filled the earlier part of this morning with an hours plinky plonky practice, cooked my breakfast and semi cleared up the kitchen made Mrs J’s early morning tea, therefore time that well known variable has receded and I must depart, other people to annoy, exasperate etc etc.
Stay safe and warm, remember summer is coming.