What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We have to re apply every 3 years once we reach 70 @Omar51
I wish it lasted 5 years, 3 years comes around too soon!

Indeed 3 years comes around too soon. In California you have to take a knowledge and vision test. The DMV knowledge test was hard for me. After the 3rd try I passed. I studied the driver’s handbook.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all on a soggy Maunday Thursday in Little America. I'm just hydrating before a drip trip into Addenbrookes Cambridge (3rd best in UK, allegedly) which is part of the sprawling Cambridge biomedical campus. The campus is Europe's largest, more like a large town, and growing. The next two month's appointments are scheduled for the small health centre in a nearby Fenland town. Those are more like attending a small club. We, myself and JKP, may meet with my uncle who suffers from anxiety so often agrees to meet then just can't. He likes Starbucks and wants to food shop in M and S. Starbucks and M and S food are close together in one of the retail parks on the edge of the city so hopefully that will work. Have a good (wet and chilly?) day.
Hope today is a good one and that the trip goes smoothly.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Indeed 3 years comes around too soon. In California you have to take a knowledge and vision test. The DMV knowledge test was hard for me. After the 3rd try I passed. I studied the driver’s handbook.
At least, after the 3 years, in UK we don't have to resit the driving test (unless we have made a bad mistake while driving). We just have to report any applicable health issues (insulin dependence or eye problems, for example). My licence will run out this year but I don't drive any longer so will probably not renew it. It is the only photographic ID that I have though because I haven't had a passport for many years now. Wonder if a Blue Badge will do.

BG at 03:30 today was 10.8. It had been up to 12.8 during the night and was 10.7 last night when I went to bed. Not too pleased about that. Also not too pleased because, despite all my efforts, I actually gained weight this week.

Have to go now - it's leg bandaging day today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At least, after the 3 years, in UK we don't have to resit the driving test (unless we have made a bad mistake while driving). We just have to report any applicable health issues (insulin dependence or eye problems, for example). My licence will run out this year but I don't drive any longer so will probably not renew it. It is the only photographic ID that I have though because I haven't had a passport for many years now. Wonder if a Blue Badge will do.

BG at 03:30 today was 10.8. It had been up to 12.8 during the night and was 10.7 last night when I went to bed. Not too pleased about that. Also not too pleased because, despite all my efforts, I actually gained weight this week.

Hope leg bandaging day goes smoothly. Blue badge is on the list of accepted ID for voting here.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In that case you deserve that 5 years @Omar51 before you have to take it again.

I do re read our Highway Code, but whether I would actually pass an exam on it might be another matter.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I fear that your garden is turning into a version of the number of boats crossing the channel and eating into your resources so all the best with that. Smashing sketch.
Thank you very much for the sketch compliment @dunelm

I have no idea what the attraction is of my garden. The only thing I can think of is for centuries there was a footpath through my garden which was a right of way for animals and people, and the builders just simply built these bungalows and houses over any existing footpaths. Animals do not give up the right of way lightly…

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

All the best for leg bandaging day

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everybody on an overcast bin day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.3 this am. The day yesterday turned all sunshine, blue sky and wispy white clouds. Quite breezy though. So, down through the woods, through the Valley Gardens and follow the stream to the sea. Not as many people on the beach as I thought there would be during the first week of the Easter school holidays. Along the lower prom, up the 182 steps to the upper prom and back home. Took nearly two hours, at an stroll and only three stops (there are but three public facilities on that route). Art bit - I have no idea about this. I have been watching the series Three Body Problem on net flicks but it surely can’t be that influence - that’s the problem with unconscious thoughts - you have no idea what your brain is working on. It’s all going on in there but how much ends up in our consciousness is anybodies guess. Anyhow, or even anyhoo - hope your Thursday pushes some joy your way. I will slurp koffy and watch the birds in the garden fighting over fat balls.

View attachment 66935
Interesting painting @dunelm
I like the cherry blossom...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everybody on an overcast bin day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.3 this am. The day yesterday turned all sunshine, blue sky and wispy white clouds. Quite breezy though. So, down through the woods, through the Valley Gardens and follow the stream to the sea. Not as many people on the beach as I thought there would be during the first week of the Easter school holidays. Along the lower prom, up the 182 steps to the upper prom and back home. Took nearly two hours, at an stroll and only three stops (there are but three public facilities on that route). Art bit - I have no idea about this. I have been watching the series Three Body Problem on net flicks but it surely can’t be that influence - that’s the problem with unconscious thoughts - you have no idea what your brain is working on. It’s all going on in there but how much ends up in our consciousness is anybodies guess. Anyhow, or even anyhoo - hope your Thursday pushes some joy your way. I will slurp koffy and watch the birds in the garden fighting over fat balls.

View attachment 66935
Very whimsical. Loving the detail. Has a touch of a hanging garden them about it.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope leg bandaging day goes smoothly. Blue badge is on the list of accepted ID for voting here.
I use my driving licence as ID for getting onto a plane to the mainland once in a while. Not so much getting there, because the airline staff here know who local people are but coming back is another matter. I'll have to check that the airlines will accept my blue badge for that before I give up my licence. So far, we don't need ID to get on the ferry, but I wouldn't be surprised if that came along too.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use my driving licence as ID for getting onto a plane to the mainland once in a while. Not so much getting there, because the airline staff here know who local people are but coming back is another matter. I'll have to check that the airlines will accept my blue badge for that before I give up my licence. So far, we don't need ID to get on the ferry, but I wouldn't be surprised if that came along too.
I googled @Annb
"what to use if I don't have a driving licence ID"
After reading this lot...
https://www.google.com/search?q=wha...ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#ip=1
I concluded I would keep my driving licence if at all possible even if I didn't drive any more...

I hope the container filling is going well...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day off today

And the rain was biblical the other night, less so last night & just persistently p****** down today .

Being a bit off colour doesn't help.
Boss went sick last week but back now.

A Lot reporting with this "100 day cough".
My turn now, so the runes say ..ho hum.

Been tempted by that show @dunelm.

Ex colleague raved about the book, so I gave it a good go.

Not sure if I just wasn't that into it, but I found it very confusing & usually I love that sort of thing.

Like I say, tempted but hoping it's easier to follow than the book .

On a side note, slowly getting back back into watching TV occasionally, and came across "Ford v Ferrari".

Love cars, bikes, etc.
But wasn't that keen when I first saw it advertised to be honest, so gave it a wide berth

Sat & watched a few minutes, just to see, and ended up watching it all.

Pretty good if you like cars, speed etc.

Matt Damon ok, but I liked bale.

A potty accent but I forgot I was watching BATMAN driving fast and being a spanner monkey & simply saw a mad English eccentric by the end.

Worth a watch, I'd say.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Day off today

And the rain was biblical the other night, less so last night & just persistently p****** down today .

Being a bit off colour doesn't help.
Boss went sick last week but back now.

A Lot reporting with this "100 day cough".
My turn now, so the runes say ..ho hum.

Been tempted by that show @dunelm.

Ex colleague raved about the book, so I gave it a good go.

Not sure if I just wasn't that into it, but I found it very confusing & usually I love that sort of thing.

Like I say, tempted but hoping it's easier to follow than the book .

On a side note, slowly getting back back into watching TV occasionally, and came across "Ford v Ferrari".

Love cars, bikes, etc.
But wasn't that keen when I first saw it advertised to be honest, so gave it a wide berth

Sat & watched a few minutes, just to see, and ended up watching it all.

Pretty good if you like cars, speed etc.

Matt Damon ok, but I liked bale.

A potty accent but I forgot I was watching BATMAN driving fast and being a spanner monkey & simply saw a mad English eccentric by the end.

Worth a watch, I'd say.
100 day cough - that doesn’t sound good. Should be called the Ann of a 100 days (the mini series).

Seen the ford vs ferarri Shelby thing - enjoyed.
I think the three body problem series is easier to understand than the book from what my son tells me. The book is part 1 of a trilogy and as written by a scientist - probably complicated.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fbg 6.7

Raining again...

It looks like the badger had a tussle with the new cushions in the night, but everything was so tightly secured yesterday, the cushions have barely moved, and Jade is sound asleep on her swing.

But I am disappointed.
I downloaded the trail SD cards last night from when the badger wrecked the swing, expecting to see footage, and maybe footage of my missing red dragon.
Problem was, there was that much activity in the night, there were a few hundred video clips, that when it came to the badger (Pa Badger) finally giving a tug on the cloths, there was no space left on either of the SD cards to record any more...
So disappointed...
I have the max size SD card I can have in the trail cams.

There were several different foxes all coming through and wandering round my garden again and again...
There were several different badgers all coming through and wandering round my garden again and again...
There were more stray cats than usual all coming through and wandering round my garden again and again...
Why to all of this?
There were more new holes dug in my garden, more plants dug up that same night. The countryside beasties are all after food, and there are probably more worms in my garden, because it is a natural garden, no nasty pesticides. Some quite deep holes were dug.
One I am worried about, because it looks like the beginning of a tunnel out of my garden, under that overhigh wooden fence next door put up around the entire of his large property. Problem is he has put tarmac on his entire driveway and at the back of his garden, right on the other side of that fence. I think a badger would make short work of tunnelling through the hardcore under the tarmac and through the tarmac into his garden . He has an unfriendly Alsatian...and he is unfriendly...so I would rather try and prevent any hassle.
I do have several rolls of chicken wire and rebar in the garage for these emergencies...so that is my job today raining or not...and I need to protect my raspberry bushes from the badgers...

It was if a riotous party was held by all the local beasties.

Please don't let Ma & Pa Badger have a pile of baby badgers this year...

Just been out early to post my postcards and letters. And drew this man, from my car, (and it was nice to draw big rather than on a tiny phone screen) who had stopped a moment to look at his phone...so that is my creative.

Nighttime wildlife video
Foxes, Badger, & Cat
About 36 secs

I really could do with a nap...

Have your best kind of day.

View attachment 66934
A negative silhouette.
Who is.........that man?
Nice.