What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hope leg bandaging day goes smoothly. Blue badge is on the list of accepted ID for voting here.
they have changed the ruling again to confuse everyone!

Kidding!

It seems nearly everyone is at the mercy of our health industry. Hope it all goes well for us.

6.8 this Thursday trauma pre counselling day.

Wet, windy and cold, what's new weather wise? Oh yeah, misty and a frost last evening and more rain, not stopped all night and day and even now, it is a light drizzle in a Bolton accent.

Gotta go. Fish to be cooked.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got my California driving license too. Getting over 70 was not easy. I have been driving for over 35 years. I still have to take a driving knowledge test. Have to study the California Driver’s Handbook. Now I am good for another 5 years.
emoji4.png
I am so pleased that I haven't needed to do a driving knowledge test @Omar51. Great that you passed the test.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on a soggy Maunday Thursday in Little America. I'm just hydrating before a drip trip into Addenbrookes Cambridge (3rd best in UK, allegedly) which is part of the sprawling Cambridge biomedical campus. The campus is Europe's largest, more like a large town, and growing. The next two month's appointments are scheduled for the small health centre in a nearby Fenland town. Those are more like attending a small club. We, myself and JKP, may meet with my uncle who suffers from anxiety so often agrees to meet then just can't. He likes Starbucks and wants to food shop in M and S. Starbucks and M and S food are close together in one of the retail parks on the edge of the city so hopefully that will work. Have a good (wet and chilly?) day.
Hope the drip trip went well today @ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really did loads of work today. Lots of admin and also finished the last part of my sorting out and tidying my stuff that I had planned to do over the holiday.

It didn't take as long as I thought it would and it is lovely to be able to find things now.

Daughter and family arrive tomorrow afternoon.
Mr K has given the house a deep clean. I don't think it actually needed it but it does feel good to have it all done.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I googled @Annb
"what to use if I don't have a driving licence ID"
After reading this lot...
https://www.google.com/search?q=wha...ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#ip=1
I concluded I would keep my driving licence if at all possible even if I didn't drive any more...

I hope the container filling is going well...
Thanks for that Gennepher. I think you're right, I should just renew my driving license. I can't drive any more because, although nobody seems to be able to identify why, my eyesight is deteriorating and, even as a passenger, I have to close my eyes to avoid them going completely out of focus. Not a good way of driving. However, I'm not sure if I can legally hold a driving license in light of this deterioration.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a bright and sunny start to this Good Friday here in the dark and dangerous north. Funny old start to the day. I like to sit in silence with my thoughts first thing and see what pops out. Today, thoughts on friends past and in particular the family who will be experiencing what would have been the birthday of mum/grandmother for the first time. Second thought - a line from the film Fight Club - “We buy things we don’t need, to impress people we don’t like.” We have been invited to Buck house for a garden party later this year - do I need a new hat? No. Hopefully those there will be people that we do like - and may even like us. Time will tell. Still, cheer up - carp the Deum and all that.
If the sun stays out there might be a wander down the beach. Low tide today is at 1152 so potential for a good walk - watch out for tourists mind - grrrh! ;) :cool:. Still, they bring joy and happiness to the traffic wardens and the ice cream sellers :rolleyes:. Art bit - quick brush stroke - see what I can make of it once dry. I hope your Friday is truly good for you. I must finish my koffy and then open a new pack.

1711698068976.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Second thought - a line from the film Fight Club - “We buy things we don’t need, to impress people we don’t like.” We have been invited to Buck house for a garden party later this year - do I need a new hat? No. Hopefully those there will be people that we do like - and may even like us
Bit of a mix to your day it seems.

A hug for the loss.

It does sharpen the focus on what truly IS important in life.

The film was a good un, lots of good observations ...likeyed muchly.

And the win ? That was for the royal invite.

I'd say that was an event to mark & be proud of.

Enjoy the day in all it's splendour.

As we all know, for all it's many ups & downs, many don't get that simple pleasure.

Peace.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

No FBG cos some days it's up & at em,
& Others it's more ..meh.

Lazy day yesterday.
Furry nephew over for the night.

Mooched around the house all day.
Highlight was Frankie's walk & a home made curry...delicious.

I was always aware of the rain due to the motorcycle, and took decent note of the wind

( No fun being miles from home & being surprised by the wind battering you across the motorway ..eek )

Sat listening to the wind here yesterday, weather channels saying gust of 40mph....mmhh

The gusts sounded & felt much faster than that ..by far.

Later I saw this, which perhaps confirmed my suspicions.

Anyways, me & toto just chillin out here & glad to still be in Kansas.... :cool:

Enjoy.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
BG at 03:30 was 10.7 - Libre woke me at that point. Still around the same. Have taken basal insulin and had 3 cups of tea so far. Breakfast soon - with insulin - and that will probably make it drop to a fairly normal range, But who can tell? I never know how it's going to go.

More helping Neil get stuff out of the loft today, but first I must clean the oven - I made a cake and the batter overflowed from the tin and now there's a huge dollop of baked batter on the floor of the oven. Makes the oven unusable for any baking until I get it done. Never had a cake do that before. Aw well - always a first time for everything.

Last edited:

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from California!
Happy Good Friday 4.38 mmol/L 79 mg/dL. Two more days of rain ️got to find indoor activities! I will find something to do and make it look like it’s important, better than just watching TV!

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Am amazed at the low reading.

Mr K placed a bowl of salted peanuts between us while we were watching a film last night. I just couldn't resist them nor the Montazumas 100% chocolate buttons that were calling me from the kitchen cupboard. I was expecting a really bad fbg. Really weird that it was so good.

House all ready for our visitors. Won't be able to log in so often for next few days.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning. Am amazed at the low reading.

Mr K placed a bowl of salted peanuts between us while we were watching a film last night. I just couldn't resist them nor the Montazumas 100% chocolate buttons that were calling me from the kitchen cupboard. I was expecting a really bad fbg. Really weird that it was so good.

House all ready for our visitors. Won't be able to log in so often for next few days.
I think sometimes we get away with it because the body isn't looking or not expecting such a sneaky, low down surprise attack ..mmhh

Just be aware, it know us, and has a memory that even elephants envy.

Just saying ala HSB.....

"Be careful out there ".. :cool: ;)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think sometimes we get away with it because the body isn't looking or not expecting such a sneaky, low down surprise attack ..mmhh

Just be aware, it know us, and has a memory that even elephants envy.

Just saying ala HSB.....

"Be careful out there ".. :cool: ;)
Yes @jjraak I am being really careful today as I know that I won't get away with it 2 days in a row.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a bright and sunny start to this Good Friday here in the dark and dangerous north. Funny old start to the day. I like to sit in silence with my thoughts first thing and see what pops out. Today, thoughts on friends past and in particular the family who will be experiencing what would have been the birthday of mum/grandmother for the first time. Second thought - a line from the film Fight Club - “We buy things we don’t need, to impress people we don’t like.” We have been invited to Buck house for a garden party later this year - do I need a new hat? No. Hopefully those there will be people that we do like - and may even like us. Time will tell. Still, cheer up - carp the Deum and all that.
If the sun stays out there might be a wander down the beach. Low tide today is at 1152 so potential for a good walk - watch out for tourists mind - grrrh! ;) :cool:. Still, they bring joy and happiness to the traffic wardens and the ice cream sellers :rolleyes:. Art bit - quick brush stroke - see what I can make of it once dry. I hope your Friday is truly good for you. I must finish my koffy and then open a new pack.

View attachment 66942
Interesting art bit. This is my second look after a cuppa...just seen the man with the wheelbarrow...I was too fixated watching the left building slide into the earth @dunelm