What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you @Lamont D . Good to know that it is low carb.

Mr K also absolutely hates peanut butter.

I do agree that no-one could possibly eat 100g of peanuts or peanut butter. Even one teaspoon of peanut butter is very filling.

The peanut butter I love is made from roasted peanuts with nothing added - especially not palm oil It has to be crunchy peanut butter because I don't like the texture of the smooth version.
Yeah, palm oil is so bad for most people.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Somewhat late to the party:
Sunday, FBG 4.4 mmol on waking at 6.00 am.

I never purchase anything containing palm oil. Apart from the risk to human health, palm oil is a major driver of deforestation and monoculture in some of the world's most biodiverse forests, destroying the habitat of endangered species like the orangutan and contributing to climate change.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
According to nutritional information I grasped through ignoring calories of course.
peanuts at 5% carbs, peanut butter is 6% carbs per 100g.

So obviously low carb. Cos no one can eat 100g of peanuts or peanut butter, can they?

I do like the odd peanut, however peanut butter is gross!
Right?
Am I right of what?My

Anything with butter in is minging!
Yeah?
6% carbs is good
Peanuts are good
Peanut butter is good
Butter is good
Life is good - unless you decide it isn’t

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny start to the day here in SW France. Walk round a near deserted town in the morning - well it was Sunday. Smashing lunch out. Asparagus season so had some of that and also some Barbury Duck. No idea for today. We will need to go and buy milk so a walk through the park to the supermarket surely. Dad has just opened the doors to the garden and woken the whole street by forgetting to turn the alarms off - oops! Art bit, another tree sketch. Hope your day is a pleasant one. Already had koffy so best get on with the day.

Attachments

• IMG_6141.jpeg
    IMG_6141.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 27

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny start to the day here in SW France. Walk round a near deserted town in the morning - well it was Sunday. Smashing lunch out. Asparagus season so had some of that and also some Barbury Duck. No idea for today. We will need to go and buy milk so a walk through the park to the supermarket surely. Dad has just opened the doors to the garden and woken the whole street by forgetting to turn the alarms off - oops! Art bit, another tree sketch. Hope your day is a pleasant one. Already had koffy so best get on with the day.
Any Festival de Muguets near to you on Wednesday which is a public holiday?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great. Absolutely love these trees @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Nighttime wildlife video
The eyes are Cat Jade's then the Badger is pulling the swing cloths...
54secs

Creative...one line squiggle...I was pushing my luck drawing this one...the heads have gone wrong, the mans head was just a bald head, but somehow I have given him a trilby!
I counted...10 secs it took..they were approaching me from a long way on the footpath...when do I start drawing...when do I start drawing...I was sitting in my car having a rest between shops, put my cuppa down....I began air drawing as they got nearer...then finger on my iPad mini, and carried on squiggling...

A good job they were concentrating on their stuff, she had a stern face, he was pushing very hard with the wheelchair, otherwise I would have been noticed with my intense concentration on them both...

Easier to draw a single person...

Have your best day.

Time for a cuppa...

IMG_7147.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a slightly more spring like L.A. @Annb gentle hugs for the pain. I've no idea if your issues are linked but JKP often has severe back pain after bad episodes of her IBS and I have read similar elsewhere. @dunelm yesterday's meal sounds wonderful and thank you for sharing more sharply observed trees. @gennepher thank you for another one line sketch which always amaze me by their accuracy and just how they are produced. @Krystyna23040 lovely story of the duck. I also like crunchy peanut butter and I definitely need the calories and fibre. Yesterday went well despite me wondering how I'd deal with walking in a crowd as Saturday wasn't my best day. Plenty of laughs - chef's brother's teeth in JKP's soup for example (replacement delivered by Sybil) seats on the train both ways which was quite a blessing as both trains were very busy. Two small acts of kindness to allow us to sit together. Enjoy Monday - Bangles day?

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fbg 6.8

Nighttime wildlife video
The eyes are Cat Jade's then the Badger is pulling the swing cloths...
54secs

Creative...one line squiggle...I was pushing my luck drawing this one...the heads have gone wrong, the mans head was just a bald head, but somehow I have given him a trilby!
I counted...10 secs it took..they were approaching me from a long way on the footpath...when do I start drawing...when do I start drawing...I was sitting in my car having a rest between shops, put my cuppa down....I began air drawing as they got nearer...then finger on my iPad mini, and carried on squiggling...

A good job they were concentrating on their stuff, she had a stern face, he was pushing very hard with the wheelchair, otherwise I would have been noticed with my intense concentration on them both...

Easier to draw a single person...

Have your best day.

Time for a cuppa...

View attachment 67397
You have captured Mrs L and myself perfectly, especially the bald pate!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from a slightly more spring like L.A. @Annb gentle hugs for the pain. I've no idea if your issues are linked but JKP often has severe back pain after bad episodes of her IBS and I have read similar elsewhere. @dunelm yesterday's meal sounds wonderful and thank you for sharing more sharply observed trees. @gennepher thank you for another one line sketch which always amaze me by their accuracy and just how they are produced. @Krystyna23040 lovely story of the duck. I also like crunchy peanut butter and I definitely need the calories and fibre. Yesterday went well despite me wondering how I'd deal with walking in a crowd as Saturday wasn't my best day. Plenty of laughs - chef's brother's teeth in JKP's soup for example (replacement delivered by Sybil) seats on the train both ways which was quite a blessing as both trains were very busy. Two small acts of kindness to allow us to sit together. Enjoy Monday - Bangles day?
Thank you Ian....