What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Nighttime wildlife video
The eyes are Cat Jade's then the Badger is pulling the swing cloths...
54secs

Creative...one line squiggle...I was pushing my luck drawing this one...the heads have gone wrong, the mans head was just a bald head, but somehow I have given him a trilby!
I counted...10 secs it took..they were approaching me from a long way on the footpath...when do I start drawing...when do I start drawing...I was sitting in my car having a rest between shops, put my cuppa down....I began air drawing as they got nearer...then finger on my iPad mini, and carried on squiggling...

A good job they were concentrating on their stuff, she had a stern face, he was pushing very hard with the wheelchair, otherwise I would have been noticed with my intense concentration on them both...

Easier to draw a single person...

Have your best day.

Time for a cuppa...

View attachment 67397
smashing, and for 10 seconds he deserves a trilby.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a slightly more spring like L.A. @Annb gentle hugs for the pain. I've no idea if your issues are linked but JKP often has severe back pain after bad episodes of her IBS and I have read similar elsewhere. @dunelm yesterday's meal sounds wonderful and thank you for sharing more sharply observed trees. @gennepher thank you for another one line sketch which always amaze me by their accuracy and just how they are produced. @Krystyna23040 lovely story of the duck. I also like crunchy peanut butter and I definitely need the calories and fibre. Yesterday went well despite me wondering how I'd deal with walking in a crowd as Saturday wasn't my best day. Plenty of laughs - chef's brother's teeth in JKP's soup for example (replacement delivered by Sybil) seats on the train both ways which was quite a blessing as both trains were very busy. Two small acts of kindness to allow us to sit together. Enjoy Monday - Bangles day?
Thank you @ianpspurs - lots of wonderful trees in the park and along the river

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.6 this Bangles day.

No spring here.
Spitting and windy, cold.
Winter here still.
Another frost overnight. More persistent rain later.

The replacement gas pipes have started opposite, the pavement is up and the lads are digging down.
I believe our side will start later this week. Hope they fix the pavement properly this time.

For quite a long time, I've tried to convince Mrs L, to use butter more than her Mediterranean spread.
It was quite a shock to see how much palm oil and other shocking ingredients are in it.
Fell on deaf ears as usual.

I'm worried about the plants in my latest gardening effort. Not as I imagined it. Might need to rethink and buy a few more hardy plants.

Keep warm out there you lot, I have a feeling that my elecy and gas bill will be higher than I had planned for.

My best wishes to you lot.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just got a big surprise/shock in the post post just now.
A package. I am not expecting a Package. No indication where it came from...

I do postcrossing as many of you know, and it is simply strangers posting postcards to each other...just one single postcard.

I open the package, and this person from Estonia doesn't just send me one postcard, but a whole pile of religious postcards, and this tome on "500 Tips for a Happy & Healthy Marriage"
My bio said my partner died 15 years ago, and I make no mention of looking for another one...why torture me in this way....
Straight to the freezer I go and demolish a small chocolate ice cream....my strategy lists did not cope with this eventuality...

I am not opening the plastic wrapper in case there is a spell within it...

IMG_7150.jpeg

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

I do postcrossing as many of you know, and it is simply strangers posting postcards to each other...just one single postcard.

I open the package, and this person from Estonia doesn't just send me one postcard, but a whole pile of religious postcards, and this tome on "500 Tips for a Happy & Healthy Marriage"
My bio said my partner died 15 years ago, and I make no mention of looking for another one...why torture me in this way....
Straight to the freezer I go and demolish a small chocolate ice cream....my strategy lists did not cope with this eventuality...

View attachment 67399
It could be much more worser.
It might have been a Nat C propaganda pamphlets from fishi rishi!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 67399
It could be much more worser.
It might have been a Nat C propaganda pamphlets from fishi rishi!
Well, this has taken a bit of a funny turn @Lamont D

I have just registered this on postcrossing as you do when you receive a postcard.

And the account belongs to a 12 year old girl...not right.
The book and postcards are being binned.
I have never binned any postcards I have received before...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a slightly more spring like L.A. @Annb gentle hugs for the pain. I've no idea if your issues are linked but JKP often has severe back pain after bad episodes of her IBS and I have read similar elsewhere. @dunelm yesterday's meal sounds wonderful and thank you for sharing more sharply observed trees. @gennepher thank you for another one line sketch which always amaze me by their accuracy and just how they are produced. @Krystyna23040 lovely story of the duck. I also like crunchy peanut butter and I definitely need the calories and fibre. Yesterday went well despite me wondering how I'd deal with walking in a crowd as Saturday wasn't my best day. Plenty of laughs - chef's brother's teeth in JKP's soup for example (replacement delivered by Sybil) seats on the train both ways which was quite a blessing as both trains were very busy. Two small acts of kindness to allow us to sit together. Enjoy Monday - Bangles day?
Great that yesterday went well @ianpspurs.
Everyone in QD seemed to really enjoy watching the ducks. It is not what you usually expect to see in a shop.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I have just registered this on postcrossing as you do when you receive a postcard.

Yes, you did the right thing binning them @gennepher.

Well done at stopping at one small ice cream.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 67399
How thoughtless of somebody. That could be so hurtful to so many people.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Quite right. The bin was the best place for them. Odd that it is a 12 year-old though.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I decided to try a complete carnivore diet for a month at the beginning of April to see how it would affect both weight and BG. It didn't go so well unfortunately. I posted this on the "What have you eaten today" Parallel thread. Hands too sore as yet to key it all in again:

It hasn't gone so well for me. A week at the beginning of the month saw weight loss, BG improvement and BP improvement and reduced insulin requirement, but saw me falling unwell. Tried to keep going to a degree but have ended up much worse. Even small amounts of added veg saw weight rise (probably fluid) and just these last few days have been awful. Was that the diet? Is it my kidneys? Did the diet cause some damage to my kidneys? I have no idea but will try to get a GP appointment tomorrow (closed today due to the bank holiday). Meantime, I can't eat at all - stomach won't accept food - sips of water and occasional sips of tea is all I can take. On Friday I was stiff, on Saturday morning I couldn't move and had to get Neil to get me out of bed. During Saturday my wrists, fingers and ankles locked. Spent all day in my chair. Sunday, a bit of an improvement and today I can move, although with care. Now my waterworks seem to be packing up - that's why I wonder about my kidneys. Could a week on a high carb diet cause that? Maybe something else and just coincidental.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How thoughtless of somebody. That could be so hurtful to so many people.

Quite right. The bin was the best place for them. Odd that it is a 12 year-old though.
Something wrong there @Annb
Still disturbing me.
So, I've sent the organisers an email...
Children under 16 can only do this if supervised by an adult...

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

The bin is the place for disposing of this..........!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I decided to try a complete carnivore diet for a month at the beginning of April to see how it would affect both weight and BG. It didn't go so well unfortunately. I posted this on the "What have you eaten today" Parallel thread. Hands too sore as yet to key it all in again:

It hasn't gone so well for me. A week at the beginning of the month saw weight loss, BG improvement and BP improvement and reduced insulin requirement, but saw me falling unwell. Tried to keep going to a degree but have ended up much worse. Even small amounts of added veg saw weight rise (probably fluid) and just these last few days have been awful. Was that the diet? Is it my kidneys? Did the diet cause some damage to my kidneys? I have no idea but will try to get a GP appointment tomorrow (closed today due to the bank holiday). Meantime, I can't eat at all - stomach won't accept food - sips of water and occasional sips of tea is all I can take. On Friday I was stiff, on Saturday morning I couldn't move and had to get Neil to get me out of bed. During Saturday my wrists, fingers and ankles locked. Spent all day in my chair. Sunday, a bit of an improvement and today I can move, although with care. Now my waterworks seem to be packing up - that's why I wonder about my kidneys. Could a week on a high carb diet cause that? Maybe something else and just coincidental.
No idea how to advise you @Annb
All I can say is about my experiences.

Low carb, high fat was good for my weight loss and I was doing well with that weight wise but not for my IBS which flared up badly making life and leaving the house almost impossible.

I did try carnivore but that upset my digestive system as well.

Some one on here suggested FODMAP
I studied that, but it was a bit difficult with diabetes. Read some stuff on that and diabetes. Vegetables are no good for me, even so called good veg for fodmap. But FODMAP did suggest more fruit. It suggested 5 serving sizes (they give you what they suggest is a serving size).
FODMAP suggested 2 small clementines as one serving. I thought that's too much. But it is not. I have one small clementine of a morning, and one of an afternoon or evening, and that really settles my stomach. I also have one banana of a morning, more green than ripe, and cut in half if I think it is too big. Then as I love those dried wizened Hunza apricots, I allow myself 3 of them...it takes me ages to nibble them. Two more portions of fruit, and they are small portions can be a few blackberries, or a couple of strawberries, or maybe a few blueberries.

I like my fruit, and this FODMAP enables to have fruit, but it is a small quntity, spaced out during the day. And those 2 small clementines are a saviour for me.

This is just my journey, there is no bread in it or processed carbs of that sort.

Hugs Ann for you.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
No idea how to advise you @Annb
All I can say is about my experiences.

Low carb, high fat was good for my weight loss and I was doing well with that weight wise but not for my IBS which flared up badly making life and leaving the house almost impossible.

I did try carnivore but that upset my digestive system as well.

Some one on here suggested FODMAP
I studied that, but it was a bit difficult with diabetes. Read some stuff on that and diabetes. Vegetables are no good for me, even so called good veg for fodmap. But FODMAP did suggest more fruit. It suggested 5 serving sizes (they give you what they suggest is a serving size).
FODMAP suggested 2 small clementines as one serving. I thought that's too much. But it is not. I have one small clementine of a morning, and one of an afternoon or evening, and that really settles my stomach. I also have one banana of a morning, more green than ripe, and cut in half if I think it is too big. Then as I love those dried wizened Hunza apricots, I allow myself 3 of them...it takes me ages to nibble them. Two more portions of fruit, and they are small portions can be a few blackberries, or a couple of strawberries, or maybe a few blueberries.

I like my fruit, and this FODMAP enables to have fruit, but it is a small quntity, spaced out during the day. And those 2 small clementines are a saviour for me.

This is just my journey, there is no bread in it or processed carbs of that sort.

Hugs Ann for you.
That looks very interesting, Gennepher. I did look at FODMAP but, perhaps my brain doesn't work so well any more because I couldn't get my head around it. I'll attempt to get to see a doctor tomorrow. This whole thing feels to me like an infection of some sort, but what sort of an infection causes those symptoms? It is getting better by the hour now, but I will consult a GP anyway.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I could write a book on dietary advice @Annb ,
Bottom line with T2, is what your intolerance level is with carbs.
In other words what spikes you abnormally.
Mine is around 5%.
But then again it is what carbs you are talking about.
Lactose and others ending in ose are really bad for me.
Certain starchy vegetables are bad.
Wheat, grains rice, aren't as bad in minute quantities.
Cooked vegetables are gross.
Salad vegetables are fine.
I cook everything fresh.
I love my meat and certain vegetables but I eat a quantity of fruit throughout the day.
That more or less is me.
Through my experimental phase, cos I only had the help of a friend on this website to help me and my endocrinologist, who had to be convinced that my complete change in my physical health was because of very low carb.
I found my own individual personal diet, tailored to my likes, tastes, affordability and availability.
It doesn't matter if you are told you need to eat or endure unhealthy food for you.
You have to eat what is good and healthy for you.
No matter what it is.
Of course all this experimenting, couldn't have been done without testing my BG levels around mealtimes.
And learning from the results and trends.
And recording them.
And of course doing your FBG level, to post in this thread.
Best wishes.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I could write a book on dietary advice @Annb ,
Bottom line with T2, is what your intolerance level is with carbs.
In other words what spikes you abnormally.
Mine is around 5%.
But then again it is what carbs you are talking about.
Lactose and others ending in ose are really bad for me.
Certain starchy vegetables are bad.
Wheat, grains rice, aren't as bad in minute quantities.
Cooked vegetables are gross.
Salad vegetables are fine.
I cook everything fresh.
I love my meat and certain vegetables but I eat a quantity of fruit throughout the day.
That more or less is me.
Through my experimental phase, cos I only had the help of a friend on this website to help me and my endocrinologist, who had to be convinced that my complete change in my physical health was because of very low carb.
I found my own individual personal diet, tailored to my likes, tastes, affordability and availability.
It doesn't matter if you are told you need to eat or endure unhealthy food for you.
You have to eat what is good and healthy for you.
No matter what it is.
Of course all this experimenting, couldn't have been done without testing my BG levels around mealtimes.
And learning from the results and trends.
And recording them.
And of course doing your FBG level, to post in this thread.
Best wishes.
I'm just about to have another cup of tea and - maybe - scramble an egg to see how that goes down. Flashes of hunger, but it passes and becomes a stomach pain. Food might help, so I'll give it a try.