What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Judith found her rings she has not worn for some time reactively put them on now her finger has swollen to twice it’s normal size and nothing we tried to get them off worked so Keiran has taken her to A and E to see if they can help.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Judith found her rings she has not worn for some time reactively put them on now her finger has swollen to twice it’s normal size and nothing we tried to get them off worked so Keiran has taken her to A and E to see if they can help.
I hope the hospital can remove the rings without too much discomfort.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes all ok they cut them off with a surgical tool though she did get a slight cut and the finger is still swollen a bit.
I was given a ring that is a dress ring with Rovers badge on it for my fiftieth birthday.
It has been upsized once and downsized twice.
And it was threatened by Mrs L that my finger would be removed first, rather than cutting the ring.
I have been lucky so far!
Tho, my arthritic middle finger, is first on my list.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Bed time coming up but I'm putting ity off because the pain is back in my feet with a vengeance. Not sure how I'll get through to the bedroom. I could take some pain killers and wait for an hour for them to work. Probably will. Had scrambled eggs to ease my stomach back into use but it wasn't happy. Sore, but I did hang on to it.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, this has taken a bit of a funny turn @Lamont D

I have just registered this on postcrossing as you do when you receive a postcard.

And the account belongs to a 12 year old girl...not right.
The book and postcards are being binned.
I have never binned any postcards I have received before...
All sounds a bit strange.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a splendid bird chirping dawn here in SW France. A pretty lazy day yesterday, basking in the sunshine. A walk through the park to the supermarket and then Mrs Miggins set to in the garden with planting up some of my mother’s recent purchases. Words like delphinium and Juliette Rose were mentioned. Lots of pots were emptied of their tenants which were then transplanted into the ground in readiness for yet another hose pipe ban. Off to Bordeaux today. We will stay overnight in readiness for an early flight on Wednesday. Art bit, walking under a tree in the park. I hope you all have a smashing day, time is our most valuable currency. We have been taking each day with my parents as if it’s the last and have had a wonderful week together. Memento Mori but hope to be back in a couple of months. Now, where is that koffy pot.

Attachments

• IMG_6152.jpeg
    IMG_6152.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 18

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just arranged a GP appointment for 11.45 today. Still feeling pretty awful so have to do something.

BG was 5.4 and now 5.3 - very stable - it's been there, or thereabouts, for a couple of days. No food to speak of (anything I tried didn't stay with me for long). I think I have a problem.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just arranged a GP appointment for 11.45 today. Still feeling pretty awful so have to do something.

BG was 5.4 and now 5.3 - very stable - it's been there, or thereabouts, for a couple of days. No food to speak of (anything I tried didn't stay with me for long). I think I have a problem.
Thank goodness you got an appointment this morning @Annb. Hope it can be sorted quickly

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. Had a lovely long break yesterday and met a friend for a coffee across the road from my venue.

We had a lovely catch up. She is a pilates teacher also and teaches a class for me on Friday nights in Norwich while I teach classes in my village.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a splendid bird chirping dawn here in SW France. A pretty lazy day yesterday, basking in the sunshine. A walk through the park to the supermarket and then Mrs Miggins set to in the garden with planting up some of my mother’s recent purchases. Words like delphinium and Juliette Rose were mentioned. Lots of pots were emptied of their tenants which were then transplanted into the ground in readiness for yet another hose pipe ban. Off to Bordeaux today. We will stay overnight in readiness for an early flight on Wednesday. Art bit, walking under a tree in the park. I hope you all have a smashing day, time is our most valuable currency. We have been taking each day with my parents as if it’s the last and have had a wonderful week together. Memento Mori but hope to be back in a couple of months. Now, where is that koffy pot.
Absolutely wonderful these trees @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Foul weather outside. Very windy and rainy.

Nighttime wildlife video
Fox then the large badger jumps on the swing...
27secs

Creative...woman walking, 10 second one line squiggle on the iPad screen using SketchClubApp with my finger....

Have your best kind of day

Time for a cuppa...

IMG_7157.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon everyone in the UK or morning in California. @Annb I hope the doctor's appointment is or was helpful and you find some relief from the pain. @gennepher thank you for sharing another splendid sketch. @dunelm thank you for your art. Enjoy the remainder of your stay with your parents and have a stress free return journey. @Krystyna23040 good that you had a long break and catch up. @JohnEGreen how come at last you can sit outside and enjoy the sunshine? Aha, the sun always shines on TV :D Enjoy Tuesday - you won't get another one for a week you know. Probably shrinkflation.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon everyone in the UK or morning in California. @Annb I hope the doctor's appointment is or was helpful and you find some relief from the pain. @gennepher thank you for sharing another splendid sketch. @dunelm thank you for your art. Enjoy the remainder of your stay with your parents and have a stress free return journey. @Krystyna23040 good that you had a long break and catch up. @JohnEGreen how come at last you can sit outside and enjoy the sunshine? Aha, the sun always shines on TV :D Enjoy Tuesday - you won't get another one for a week you know. Probably shrinkflation.
Thanks Ian...no sign of spring here....

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Foul weather outside. Very windy and rainy.

Nighttime wildlife video
Fox then the large badger jumps on the swing...
27secs

Creative...woman walking, 10 second one line squiggle on the iPad screen using SketchClubApp with my finger....

Have your best kind of day

Time for a cuppa...

View attachment 67409
Smashing, love the feet