What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just back. Legs all trussed up again for another week. Delivered a urine sample to Reception at the Health Centre and just received a phone call from them to say there is a prescription being e-mailed to our pharmacy for more antibiotics - they've found another (or the same) UTI. Not going to get it now but will ask Alistair to pick it up for me tomorrow when he delivers mail to the pharmacy. Could that have caused all this trouble? I wouldn't know. I really dislike taking antibiotics. but if I have to, I have to...
Hopefully they have found the cause and you will feel a lot better after the antibiotics @Annb

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm good news on the stress free journey. Thank you for sharing another example of your skill in tree drawing/painting. Are you not participating in no mow May? Not to be confused with that infamous headline - no mo May. @JohnEGreen hug for the poorly run colonoscopy.
Thank you @ianpspurs - no mow May is taking place in the back garden. The front though remains like Spout House Cricket Club in North Yorkshire.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a chilly start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. A strangely labeled 6.1 this am after waking at 3, then 5 then 7 - we are all at odds it seems. A disaster - a grazed knee and no Peppa Pig plasters to be found. What’s a 4 year old girl to do apart from milking it for all it’s worth and walking like a pirate with a wooden leg called Smith. Art bit, pollarded Plane trees along the river on a rainy day, or, you need to clean your pallet knife. Hope your Friday is good, as Fridays go. I ought to have another koffy before I sort the washing out.

Attachments

• IMG_6161.jpeg
    IMG_6161.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 27

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a chilly start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. A strangely labeled 6.1 this am after waking at 3, then 5 then 7 - we are all at odds it seems. A disaster - a grazed knee and no Peppa Pig plasters to be found. What’s a 4 year old girl to do apart from milking it for all it’s worth and walking like a pirate with a wooden leg called Smith. Art bit, pollarded Plane trees along the river on a rainy day, or, you need to clean your pallet knife. Hope your Friday is good, as Fridays go. I ought to have another koffy before I sort the washing out.
Interesting pollarded plane trees @dunelm I like them!

Talking of palette knives, I found some buried art materials in my back garden yesterday, including a palette knife... I wondered where they went to...

Years ago here when we had a spell of fine weather, I used to leave my art materials out on the table outside all week. It was easier than bringing them in every night.

Sometimes things went missing but I thought it was me mislaying them, or maybe bringing them in and I had forgotten.

I am realising now that the badger or badgers were around in my garden at night then and I had no idea...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon all from a now very rainy L.A. Covid booster done so just relaxing with my daily coffee and a bank holiday keto muffin - Californian blueberry. Unclear if the blueberries or muffin style are Californian. @dunelm should the hug go to you or TGIB? Thanks for sharing the splendid art. I especially liked the couple under the brolly. Enjoy your Friday everyone.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning. We managed an early morning dog walk before the rain started. Then we took Poppy to the dog groomers for a 'wash and brush up '. She does enjoyed being pampered.

We did loads of other stuff also. So am now relaxing before doing more admin.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely art bit @dunelm[/USER

Predictive text was up to its usual tricks. Luckily I spotted the substitution

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting pollarded plane trees @dunelm I like them!

Talking of palette knives, I found some buried art materials in my back garden yesterday, including a palette knife... I wondered where they went to...

Years ago here when we had a spell of fine weather, I used to leave my art materials out on the table outside all week. It was easier than bringing them in every night.

Sometimes things went missing but I thought it was me mislaying them, or maybe bringing them in and I had forgotten.

I am realising now that the badger or badgers were around in my garden at night then and I had no idea...
The badgers are very naughty @gennepher.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.7 at 03.15 today. The sun is very warm here - yesterday and today. This may be all we get but it's great while it lasts. 18 degrees is almost unheard of here. Much better than the 8 degrees of Wednesday.
We have the reverse here. Over twenty yesterday afternoon now 8 degrees!! And of course rain due!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you @ianpspurs - no mow May is taking place in the back garden. The front though remains like Spout House Cricket Club in North Yorkshire.
There are some great cricket team named about in the north. And grounds.
We had a Legal staffs team and a ground called the Drive and and one, Captains Pit.
Desmesne ground. Pronounced Demain.

Nothing compares to the Back entry Diddlers though.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.4 again, some good news.
Been told I have the nod through a letter I will be able to claim for attendance allowance.
And I have from the council the carers card. Which will help pay for certain things but not the basics.
it's a grant.
So yay!I

Been shopping downtown this morning for Mrs L and of course a nice ham shank for later.
Got my feet up now and looking at election results.

The Tories are saying that no one is considering their successes.
Their biggest is obviously having a recorded success of putting more people into poverty and the growth of those needing food banks.
Never mind everything else!