What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Another 6.9 this morning. :) :) :) monthly has turned up now on iron tablets. I'm still in shock about being anaemic. I eat well, 99% of the time.
I had a bleep after Xmas but financiers have been nudged in the right direction so back on track. A thin track but we manage it.
Iron tablets giving no problems, it seems. Gone tired again but blood loss won't be helping.
How lucky you men are!
However I read woman are less prone to kidney problems before menopause due to female Hormones.
After menopause we have same risk as men.
Neither wonder my diabetes hasn't affected my kidneys.... so far. Even A&E docs are in awe of my good kidneys. ;) 41yrs+ and counting. Maybe Metformin has suppressed testesterone (PCOS) enough to benefit my kidney health. :rolleyes::wideyed::D
Long may it continue! Praying for a delayed menopause now. Ha ha
matchy matchy 6.9 from me too

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not been here for a few days...busy with work and a 'pressing matter'...in addition to being a very ill disciplined diabetic...off to Birmingham this morning...more work...who knows may even make a living this at this rate...woke to a 5.0.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG @ 7.40 am 6.8
Only extra to my usual food was 1 roasted potato at evening meal,I had roast beef carrots turnip and cauliflower,
With a sweet of strawberries blueberries and cream,I'm at a loss unless it's a combination of above ground vegetables and the small potato? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
BG of 6.2 at 6.45am

This is the best its been for quite a while. Just takes so much willpower regards food consumption. I sometimes think my stomach overrules my brain. Its sure complicated.
Hi Ymdawd totally agree it's a beast of a problem this diabetes! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning...not been here for a few days...busy with work and a 'pressing matter'...in addition to being a very ill disciplined diabetic...off to Birmingham this morning...more work...who knows may even make a living this at this rate...woke to a 5.0.
Hi Bubbsie nice to see you back,I'll disciplined or not your BG is is great.
Hope Harry's keeping well give him a hug from me! K

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A 6.7 :)
I feel like one of judges on dancing on ice. Ha ha

I'm still having to take insulin before bed thou. As I'm creeping up as day progresses.
Strange as pain gets less as more pain relief in system. Unless sugar coated ibuprofen and ibs tablets with pregabalin causing rise. Maybe.

Please god don't let me suffer too much with walking pain today. I have 3 jobs to do before I can relax today. All for my family needs.
I call upon my ancestors to get me through! :bored:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 6.5 today - yesterday was a very odd day consisting of a cancelled conference (after arrival and travel from London to Manchester), changed meal plans, with a few too many carbs (breaded chicken) and a late evening meal. Just a gentle reminder that this disease needs to be constantly and tightly managed. Train home this morning and will get firmly back on track.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal sounds like a bad day and the fbg probably result of stress which lurks inside silently going about its business! Have a better day today and the improvement tomorrow will taste even sweeter (bit of an inappropriate saying but don't have an apposite one)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning everyone
BG @ 7.40 am 6.8
Only extra to my usual food was 1 roasted potato at evening meal,I had roast beef carrots turnip and cauliflower,
With a sweet of strawberries blueberries and cream,I'm at a loss unless it's a combination of above ground vegetables and the small potato? K
Carbs in blueberries and strawberries.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Morning all. 6.5 today - yesterday was a very odd day consisting of a cancelled conference (after arrival and travel from London to Manchester), changed meal plans, with a few too many carbs (breaded chicken) and a late evening meal. Just a gentle reminder that this disease needs to be constantly and tightly managed. Train home this morning and will get firmly back on track.
The thing that gets me, is that moment the meter counts down when testing, I still get very nervous, second guessing what might be.

Reactions: DJC3