What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Exactly 4.0 today. Happy with that, but not so happy to be going back to work. Had got used to playing in the sunshine.
IMG_20171127_062508_365.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the week diabetes massive. The mysteries of my blood revealed 4.9 this morning and yet I find I am trailing in the wake of @Goonergal. @DJC3 is after a Methuselah sized glass for Pinotage. Goodness knows what dastardly daredoing @alf_Josiah has planned for today. We are all going to hell in a hand cart I tell ya. We need calm heads at times like these. Thank goodness for @karen8967 , @ziggy_w and @JohnEGreen (provided he can stop the Jimmy Greaves tribute act with the Single Malt - Jura' a bit peaty for me I like Speyside more)

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars slightly better today at 5.3 (still too much chocolate and too little exercise, albeit two glasses of dry red wine.)

@Glenmac -- glad to read that your hubby is doing better.

Edited due to small mistake in converting mg/dl to mmol.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies, Gentlemen, Marathon runners and other sports fanatics, many apologies for my tardy at 10:25 am check in.
An 8.1 from me very this early morning.

I had to visit the GP's this morning for an emergency appointment. Apparently the the practice had had an attack of normality on Friday and were in dire need treatment. Treatment duly administered.....One receptionist having an a giggling fit, one GP now pulling hair out and dribbling and the computer system now not working to my satisfaction
Time for a koffy, feet up for the rest of the day if Mrs J allows. My work is done.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the week diabetes massive. The mysteries of my blood revealed 4.9 this morning and yet I find I am trailing in the wake of @Goonergal. @DJC3 is after a Methuselah sized glass for Pinotage. Goodness knows what dastardly daredoing @alf_Josiah has planned for today. We are all going to hell in a hand cart I tell ya. We need calm heads at times like these. Thank goodness for @karen8967 , @ziggy_w and @JohnEGreen (provided he can stop the Jimmy Greaves tribute act with the Single Malt - Jura' a bit peaty for me I like Speyside more)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Afternoon Ladies, Gentlemen, Marathon runners and other sports fanatics, many apologies for my tardy at 10:25 am check in.
An 8.1 from me very this early morning.

I had to visit the GP's this morning for an emergency appointment. Apparently the the practice had had an attack of normality on Friday and were in dire need treatment. Treatment duly administered.....One receptionist having an a giggling fit, one GP now pulling hair out and dribbling and the computer system now not working to my satisfaction
Time for a koffy, feet up for the rest of the day if Mrs J allows. My work is done.
FB_IMG_1522098476477.jpg

Reactions: eggs11