What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is all down to you putting in the "hard yards". Aches and pains might just be a good swap for potential complications n'est-ce pas? :)

Absolutement!
Not complaining about the aches at all. Annoyed at myself that it’s taken so long for the penny to drop. I may have an -ology but sometimes no common sense!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 if u r working out maybe u r weighing more due to muscle development? I have often heard it’s heavier than fat - just a little thought if u have been muscle building. X

It’s a good thought, and one I’ll cling to. I’ve only been upping the exercise for a few days though, perhaps my body is preparing itself for the onslaught of muscle.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning morning lovelies, ok back downwards after my little excursion- wow this bg is a sensitive little beast. Only one “ treat” in a day not loads u greedy girl, lesson learnt. So 6.8 this bright morning and I’m happy- would be happier with 4’s but with time and patience and perseverance, this WILL be achieved. See u there folks.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Beautiful morning isn't it? The forecast looks positively radiant, there's already a bottle of fizz chilling for lunch to go with the marinated anchovies and some Hereford Hop cheese. That's after I go and collect my fiendish new weapon, my exercise bike.
Anyway, madam's playing peacefully 5.4. Back in the gang!!
Have a lovely day

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all. Yesterday’s return to the gym after a 2 week absence and eating of fish rather than meat (= less protein) has paid off. 4.5 this morning.
Wow @Goonergal not just on today's number but also on your incredible number crunching over 2 years. A spectacular weight loss. I wonder what you looked like before?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A 11.2fbg so increased my basal. Not well with remnants of son's scarlet fever leaves me with flu like symptoms and raging sore throat. Painkillers aren't working again. Cannot walk across my road before I'm in trouble. Crying with pain. Soooo back to Dr's this week. :(

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.8 for me had a carb fest before bed due to drinking yesyerday have a great day today and enjoy the lovely weather
FB_IMG_1525590459127.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. 5.4 this morning. After an interesting 14km yesterday (recorded on gps) trying to keep to the elusive roman road to Edinburgh in thick fog (following a compas bearing) we ended up , strangely, in a pub just in time to watch the annual Army v Navy game at Twickenham (I think Rangers were playing and shown on another screen according to all the colourful language).
I have put my 5.4 down to an interesting combination of Tai red curry made by my daughter in law, zero carb noodles, a huge chocolate donut, a roll, 2 squares of dairy milk chocolate and a generous serving of Merlot.