What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 if u r working out maybe u r weighing more due to muscle development? I have often heard it’s heavier than fat - just a little thought if u have been muscle building. X

Reactions: alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
The one brick at a time was aimed at the respectable part i.e. making you respectable one brick at a time not your numbers which are fine. We all have our own targets and "baggage":)

Wash your mouth out NOW, silly Billy me respectable..... I did responsible once that was enough. At 15 stone I have a fair amount of baggage.
I have just got in from a 99 mile ride on my motorbike and now want to get into the garden with the binoculars to spy on the neighbours skinny dipping, that should screw up my blood pressure. At my age you have to get your fun where and when you can hehehehe

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wash your mouth out NOW, silly Billy me respectable..... I did responsible once that was enough. At 15 stone I have a fair amount of baggage.
I have just got in from a 99 mile ride on my motorbike and now want to get into the garden with the binoculars to spy on the neighbours skinny dipping, that should screw up my blood pressure. At my age you have to get your fun where and when you can hehehehe

Reactions: alf_Josiah

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs bye the way as to your weight training I do hope you decided against dead lifts and squats as the both will put considerable strain on your lower back and that may be unwise.

Reactions: flexi06

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick question how come very low 4s with ketones is ok for type 2s .but not type 1s i was told ketones are dangerous and if mine were to go over 1.5 i was to go to a&e immediately the mind boggles

the problem with ketones in type 1 is that both blood glucose and ketones are/ can be high at the same time, when a type 2 has high ketone levels both insulin and blood glucose is low,
in type 1 when both blood glucose and ketones are high at the same time,(because of inadequate insuline-balancing) the body can not use the glucose properly and one's body get into a poisonous acidosis , which means that the body destroys itself and lives from muscles and and fat only while meanwhile the glucose levels are raising to a level that can kill a person together with the acidosis

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is because sudden incidents can push ones blood glucose even lower down and so can the ongoing acting insulin injected, a body with a natural produce of insulin will stop the inflow before ones body goes dangerously low, but this mechanism is not working in people injecting insulin, they can not suddenly shut off the action of already injected insulin
Thanks freema x

Reactions: ziggy_w and flexi06

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks freema x
sorry wrong answer to your question , I have explained it more correctly according to you specifik question, actually I believe a type 1 who is a genius in balancing blood glucose with injected insulin can also have higher levels of ketones without it being dangerous, but it is to many type 1´s close to impossible to balance the 2 that closely

the problem with ketones in type 1 is that both blood glucose and ketones are/ can be high at the same time, when a type 2 has high ketone levels both insulin and blood glucose is low,
in type 1 when both blood glucose and ketones are high at the same time(because of inadequate insulin-balancing), the body can not use the glucose properly and one's body get into a poisonous acidosis, which means that the body destroys itself and lives from muscles and fat only while meanwhile, the glucose levels are rising to a level that can kill a person together with the acidosis

well thats what I have read out of many informative articles , please any type 1 correct me if I am far off here

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
in type 1 when both blood glucose and ketones are high at the same time,(because of inadequate insuline-balancing) the body can not use the glucose properly and one's body get into a poisonous acidosis , which means that the body destroys itself and lives from muscles and and fat only while meanwhile the glucose levels are raising to a level that can kill a person
I didn't know about glucose and ketones in T1 so that's a new thing I'll read up on. As far as I know, there's a very long cline from ketosis to having ketoacidosis

Reactions: flexi06

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't know about glucose and ketones in T1 so that's a new thing I'll read up on. As far as I know, there's a very long cline from ketosis to having ketoacidosis
yes I think you are right about that, but unfortunately I don´t think most GP´s have enough insight into the processes conserning ketosis ...and acidosis.. I think they just have an alarm number to react on..

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
sorry wrong answer to your question , I have explained it more correctly according to you specifik question, actually I believe a type 1 who is a genius in balancing blood glucose with injected insulin can also have higher levels of ketones without it being dangerous, but it is to many type 1´s close to impossible to balance the 2 that closely

in type 1 when both blood glucose and ketones are high at the same time(because of inadequate insulin-balancing), the body can not use the glucose properly and one's body get into a poisonous acidosis, which means that the body destroys itself and lives from muscles and fat only while meanwhile, the glucose levels are rising to a level that can kill a person together with the acidosis

well thats what I have read out of many informative articles , please any type 1 correct me if I am far off here
Thats what happened to me at diagnosis high bgs and high ketones was in hospital for a week