What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Blood sugars were 5.3 this morning.

@DJC3 -- Great run of 5s there. Wonderful achievement.
@heavyd -- Wonderful to see you back in the 6s. If you pursue this, you should soon see 5s too. Good luck.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. Enjoy the sun.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Blood sugars were 5.3 this morning.

@DJC3 -- Great run of 5s there. Wonderful achievement.
@heavyd -- Wonderful to see you back in the 6th. If you pursue this, you should soon see 5s too. Good luck.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. Enjoy the sun.

Thanks Ziggy.
I guess it must have a lot to do with the moderate cardio that @ianpspurs recommended. I am so happy about it even though it’s only been a few days, and so glad to be able to come here and know that people will notice and be pleased for me.
Family and friends, for all their lovely supportiveness don’t really understand how much a good or bad reading affects my mood, or the frustration when it just isn’t going well.
Have a great day

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried to find a Nordic walking group near me a few months ago but couldn’t find one. The nearest was in Richmond ( London not Yorks) which would be a hassle to get to so I know I’d gradually stop going.

Good luck though @ianpspurs it is meant to be very good for you, I’ll be interested in how you get on.
@DJC3 I am looking to go to the next basic class in June with the aim of building that activity into Autumn/Winter schedule. Also, thanks to @ziggy_w for putting me onto glucose sparing or Randle cycle which in my mind gives me a scientific basis for why moderate cardio works in the morning. Sun shines and hot tub looks a good place to be this evening. Have a good day folks

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Nordic walking seems to work. 20 mins produced a .1 rise from fasting. Not very chuffed that the numbers go from 5 to 5.1 but rise is better than IF trend with no moderate cardio so on we go with a wider range of activities - which is always good. Again. @ziggy_w I am pretty sure now the Randle Cycle explains all this so thanks you are a real diamond ma'am :happy:

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

Had a bit of a lie in today ;)
it was a really pleasant day here yesterday and we got some garden work done. Today looks fairly overcast with Scots mist so probably only a walk with the wee dog later.
Have a good day everyone :)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone. Went to Nana Mouskouri concert last night and had bar food before show, the usual chips and chicken on bun. It was horrendous but had to eat because I was hungry. Anyway I enjoyed the concert. Nana Mouskouri was amazing to say the least. She belted out songs after songs without breaks for two hours. She is 83 years old and her voice is unbelievable. This morning fbs is 5.3.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Everyone, I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected, while dealing with this beast of a condition!!! At 07:40 hrs this morning my BGL was dead on 7:0!
Hi Stemar I'm doing ok hope you are too, welcome ! K

Reactions: karen8967

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone. Went to Nana Mouskouri concert last night and had bar food before show, the usual chips and chicken on bun. It was horrendous but had to eat because I was hungry. Anyway I enjoyed the concert. Nana Mouskouri was amazing to say the least. She belted out songs after songs without breaks for two hours. She is 83 years old and her voice is unbelievable. This morning fbs is 5.3.
oh you lucky one, I so love Nana Mouskouri too, I thought she had retired years ago.. but you attended a concert with her now ?

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
oh you lucky one, I so love Nana Mouskouri too, I thought she had retired years ago.. but you attended a concert with her now ?

Yes, Freema I did attend her concert last night and it was the Forever Young concert. She looked really good for her age, although a bit frail. Her voice was unbelievable especially when she sang Hallelujah and La Paloma. Nearly brought the house down with encores over and over again. Her next stop is Edmonton.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow @Goonergal not just on today's number but also on your incredible number crunching over 2 years. A spectacular weight loss. I wonder what you looked like before?

Thanks. Since you asked, here is a before and after pic I put together a few weeks ago.

037E779B-EDC0-45C6-BC6B-1C8C50E4C903.jpeg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks. Since you asked, here is a before and after pic I put together a few weeks ago.

View attachment 26438
WOW!!! That is REALLY impressive @Goonergal Thanks for sharing
Madam's on a roll 5.8.
I picked up my exercise bike, old fashioned, no speeds but it'll do and it was free.

Last edited: