What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit off topic maybe but is there a specific intermittent fasting thread or do we have an IF Ninja on here. My issue relates specifically to timing of and controlling level of what would be breakfast. It is messing up my numbers and niggling me no end.:banghead:

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all of indeterminate gender.

A 7.5 for me today.

Today has started badly here Mrs J wants to take me to a garden centre for compost or so she says...... I think their is a bigger sinister female motive behind this.
Have a good day folks. I will if I am allowed.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit off topic maybe but is there a specific intermittent fasting thread or do we have an IF Ninja on here. My issue relates specifically to timing of and controlling level of what would be breakfast. It is messing up my numbers and niggling me no end.:banghead:

Same here. My ‘would be pre-breakfast’ number is always the highest of the day. Haven’t found a solution - guess it’s just delayed dawn phenomenon. The rise has gradually got less, and just occasionally doesn’t rise. Learning to accept it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here. My ‘would be pre-breakfast’ number is always the highest of the day. Haven’t found a solution -
Thanks @Goonergal I should also like clarification on 2 basic points if you can please. In IF/OMAD how do I judge when to take readings? For non breakfast I assume 2 hrs from first sip of tea/water etc. What about non lunch in OMAD?

Reactions: ziggy_w and flexi06

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Goonergal I should also like clarification on 2 basic points if you can please. In IF/OMAD how do I judge when to take readings? For non breakfast I assume 2 hrs from first sip of tea/water etc. What about non lunch in OMAD?

I just test at the times I would have been eating before I started IF. So I test on waking and then at 8am ish for non-breakfast (and 2 hours later) and 12.30 ish for non-lunch (and 2 hours later). Then if I do exercise other than general walking about (gym, Pilates, long brisk walk), I test before and after that.

Reactions: ziggy_w and flexi06