What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An interesting 4.9 this morning.
Interesting because it was my birthday yesterday so cake and other treats were consumed with gay abandon.

Wonder if it was the scotch sampling with my son last night?

Have a great day if you can.
I can tell you had a happy birthday- and then were rewarded with low numbers as a post birthday treat- wonderful :)

Reactions: Prem51 and dunelm

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
An interesting 4.9 this morning.
Interesting because it was my birthday yesterday so cake and other treats were consumed with gay abandon.

Wonder if it was the scotch sampling with my son last night?

Have a great day if you can.
Scotch, cake 4.9 Brilliant.

Reactions: phdiabetic

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good day everyone :)

was 4.4 this morning, I expected worse after a night of fitful sleep.

Sun is out and we have to go pick up some petrol for the mower and finish the raking up at mum's, she has promised a nice salad with ham and roast beef for lunch today ;) we'll get to eat it out in the garden with a bit of luck.

Hope the day is going well for you all :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hey Cumbs - so what would be a "good" number for you - that you would be leased with in the morning?

Hello @flexi06

Historically I have been on the high side and twice in hospital
My meter goes up to 33.0 then if higher just says HI

59.4 is what they recorded in A&E one time and 48.7 the other I was in hospital for a week both times

Since being switched to Toujeo basal 2 years ago my average has plummeted thankfully so its working for me

For a fasting reading I would be happy with 5.0 to 7.5 but I’d also be happy if it was a little higher but remain in single figures

Type 1 and any Type 2 on insulin have to be a minimum of 5.0 to drive a car it’s the law besides if I have a reading say of around 4.5 or lower I can go hypo and start shaking.

So that’s my ideal range for fasting 5.0 — 7.5 and 8.5 2 hours after food

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @flexi06

Historically I have been on the high side and twice in hospital
My meter goes up to 33.0 then if higher just says HI

59.4 is what they recorded in A&E one time and 48.7 the other I was in hospital for a week both times

Since being switched to Toujeo basal 2 years ago my average has plummeted thankfully so its working for me

For a fasting reading I would be happy with 5.0 to 7.5 but I’d also be happy if it was a little higher but remain in single figures

Type 1 and any Type 2 on insulin have to be a minimum of 5.0 to drive a car it’s the law besides if I have a reading say of around 4.5 or lower I can go hypo and start shaking.

So that’s my ideal range for fasting 5.0 — 7.5 and 8.5 2 hours after food

Oh very similar to type 2 really. And WOWSERS ON 59.4- I’m glad the new meds are having a positive effect