What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.9 I have had the worst 24 hours, including three sudden drops in my sleep (one of them a mid 3's hypo), blood sugars that wouldn't go up in the morning, and ridiculous highs and rollercoasters in the afternoon. My basal is completely out of whack (stupid honeymoon period) and I'm exhausted. Despite the bad day I still won my chess game against one of the best players in the tournament, and our team won the match 3-1 :)
I love chess

Reactions: Cumberland

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Good morning all

4.2 today

Yesterday's 'sugar free' ice cream was a nice treat , reading were 6.5 after 1 hour and 5.9 after 2 hrs. When I asked for a small what I got was a small tub filled with two types, I asked again if it was sugar free and she told me "yes, both" . They were vanilla and a sort of creamy caramel flavour. A bit sweet for me, I don't eat a lot of sweet stuff any more, but very rich and tasty. I'll have to have a bash at it myself when I get home
I can recommend the Sage ice cream maker. Expensive but when my gorgeous wife makes the ice cream it lasts just 2 days, and passes the "children" test.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I can recommend the Sage ice cream maker. Expensive but when my gorgeous wife makes the ice cream it lasts just 2 days, and passes the "children" test.
I would add a vote for the Cuisinart Gelato and Ice Cream Maker. The whole family love our strawberry ice cream with our own strawberries less than an hour from picking. Just cream, strawberries and sweetner of choice.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goidnight sleep well everyone
FB_IMG_1526552023384.jpg

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning lovelies 6.2 slightly more than mildly irritating- I can only think it’s that I’m waking up about 15 mins early- sometimes I test , sometimes lay there in and out of sleep till alarm- for 3 day now- so I reckon that might be it- hope so