What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with.

This morning my BGL's were 7.9 at 06.45 hrs, I've been in the 7's for just over a week now which for myself is okay as I feel great and that's whats counts most I feel.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.1 today. Terrible night up several times with the worst cramps I’ve had in months and for no obvious reason. Have an all day offsite meeting followed by work related evening reception to get through!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. 5.1 today. Terrible night up several times with the worst cramps I’ve had in months and for no obvious reason. Have an all day offsite meeting followed by work related evening reception to get through!
Hope everything settles for you x

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, 6.4 - gotta be something to do with fluctuating bp levels, got headache this mooand on my way for a dental implant. Hold on to ur hats it’s windy out there- but let your troubles be carried away in the blustery gusts. May all your tests and trials for today be positive ( or negative if that fits) and have a great day.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggyw That is the result of about 80 hours fasting which is currently my best means of control. @JohnEGreen delighted for you that bg seems to have returned to an even keel

Wow, I admire you. This is a lot of dedication. Hope that the fasting helps to reset your glucostat.

Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, I admire you. This is a lot of dedication. Hope that the fasting helps to reset your glucostat.
@ziggy_w I don't know about dedication it is a mixture of desperation. stupidity and a gambler's last throw of the dice. My glucostat is probably like the rest of me an old relic in desperate need of renovation:banghead:

Reactions: flexi06

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, a poor 9.2 feeling very frustrated this morning, after yesterdays highs and lots of corrective doses I expected it to be its usual fives, but alas no. the merry go-round that is this magnificent condition is in full swing this week!! Well I don't want to play today, so diabetes play nice or I shall have to put my foot down with a firm hand!!

Take care everyone.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

trees are whipping about in the breeze and the sky is black, perhaps it will rain ;)
actually we've had one shower already which has cleared the dust out of the atmosphere and the air is remarkably clear just now. Mostly indoor exercise today probably.

@ianpspurs fasting seems to work well for you :)