What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.5 today. It was 5.1 before bed, so i guess its a dawn rise. Did the home gym and short walk yesterday, and it gave me better numbers than of late. So will do that for a few days to see where the averages sit. Have a good day.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good day all :)

4.3 this morning

lovely and warm here but very windy, I'm making bacon and veggie soup for later.

mr. gee was just out washing the car and came inside muttering because he'd only turned away to speak to a neighbour who was passing and a bird redecorated the car again ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good day all :)

4.3 this morning

lovely and warm here but very windy, I'm making bacon and veggie soup for later.

mr. gee was just out washing the car and came inside muttering because he'd only turned away to speak to a neighbour who was passing and a bird redecorated the car again ;)
@geefull Apparently some folks consider a bird deposit to be a sign of good luck :***: Your numbers are always stunning and your potted biog in the signature is inspirational. Maybe the bird poo myth is true - but I suspect great care and hard work are the real cause:angelic:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
5.7 (highest ever for me) at 7.00. Confused but not overly disturbed by this - though I am beginning to question the value of ACV before bed.. Anyway, have a good Monday all; I'm off to watch the marsh harriers at Blacktoft Sands :)

~Heath

Surely you must have been higher for diagnosis

5.7 is a good number

Reactions: flexi06 and Freema

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to dr today with this overwhelming fatigue - guess what- my daily average of 5.5 before meals and 6.5 after meals may be “too low” ??? I thought it was smack bang in the middle of desired “ between 4 and 7” and of course he blamed “probably to low in carbs” so he did another raft of the same blood tests from a few weeks back. I think he ruled out low sodium tho - from previous tests. Looks like I am back to blaming the hormones - I feel like it’s the blood pressure meds tho too.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to dr today with this overwhelming fatigue - guess what- my daily average of 5.5 before meals and 6.5 after meals may be “too low” ??? I thought it was smack bang in the middle of desired “ between 4 and 7” and of course he blamed “probably to low in carbs” so he did another raft of the same blood tests from a few weeks back. I think he ruled out low sodium tho - from previous tests. Looks like I am back to blaming the hormones - I feel like it’s the blood pressure meds tho too.

you could maybe buy some electrolyte tablets and start every day with one in a glass,like these for instance ;
http://www.sheknows.com/best-reviews/uk/electrolyte-tablets

maybe give it a try to see if there could be an electrolyte disturbance behind your fatigue .. I use them many times when I have exhausted my self from exercising

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Monday everyone, hope you all had a good weekend. My fbs this morning is 6.1. Could not sleep very well last night after being woken up by false security alarm. Sleep disruption really does raise blood glucose.
@Keesha gave you an agree as I agree about sleep in general being very important in managing diabetes but have a cyber hug as well for both the higher bg level and disturbed night,

Reactions: Keesha and flexi06

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good Monday everyone, hope you all had a good weekend. My fbs this morning is 6.1. Could not sleep very well last night after being woken up by false security alarm. Sleep disruption really does raise blood glucose.
@Keesha funny I don’t find sleep disruption raises my BG then again at the end of the day we are all different:)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi all just need a little advice so I’ll be going to bed soon and my BG is 5.9 how high would my risk of hypo be?

Reactions: Freema

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Depends, is your level still rising ? How much does your level drop overnight usually ? If I was 5.9 before bed I would have 4 or 5 gram's of carbs, if you're not sure have a small Carby snack ie biscuit
@philchap1 well I just done a finger prick and I’m 5.3 maybe a small glass of juice will help my BG usally drops to around the high 4s thanks for the advice Phil

Reactions: Freema

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
I would have some carbs and stay up a little while to make sure your not dropping any lower
Thanks phil I should be ok now I’ve had a small croissant lately blood sugars have been all over the place last week 3 hypos and today 11.8 pre dinner gotta get on with it lol