What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.0 this morning after eventually admitting defeat in the battle to sleep - anyhow the chickens need letting out much earlier in summer. (Woke before 5 but tried to go back to sleep) Can't decide on the "value" of that result. The last 2 weeks average sleep on fitbit have been about 1 hour below trend and I seem to have a puffy sinus, I hope that even though the number itself is meh it may be a good result against a difficult opponent. Hoping for a better performance in the home leg:angelic: I want to take my temperature but I discovered we have mislaid all our thermometers (I suspect my grandson is implicated) and my flabber was gasted at the cost of them these days (in my day we could buy a house, a horse and 32 servants for that money) :bigtears::bigtears:

Last edited:

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Morning all. 5.0 this morning after eventually admitting defeat in the battle to sleep - anyhow the chickens need letting out much earlier in summer. (Woke before 5 but tried to go back to sleep) Can't decide on the "value" of that result. The last 2 weeks average sleep on fitbit have been about 1 hour below trend and I seem to have a puffy sinus, I hope that even though the number itself is meh it may be a good result against a difficult opponent. Hoping for a better performance in the home leg:angelic: I want to take my temperature but I discovered we have mislaid all our thermometers (I suspect my grandson is implicated) and my flabber was gasted at the cost of them these days (in my day we could buy a house, a horse and 32 servants for that money) :bigtears::bigtears:

Ian, you seem to imply that there's a connection between sleeping badly and/or very little and high BGs? I'm still looking for some plausible reason for my sudden high levels, you see ...
An FBG of 5.0 isn't that bad, surely? What's your ideal FBG? Personally I'd be happier in the 4s.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian, you seem to imply that there's a connection between sleeping badly and/or very little and high BGs? I'm still looking for some plausible reason for my sudden high levels, you see ...
An FBG of 5.0 isn't that bad, surely? What's your ideal FBG? Personally I'd be happier in the 4s.
@briped I am certain poor sleep negatively impacts blood glucose levels. Just for starters here is a link https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-and-sleep.html. I too am happier in the 4s and when I am functioning properly that is usually the case. The other factor leading to upward pressure is illness and I may have sinusitis atm. How those 2 are linked is moot i.e. which is cause and which is effect I know not. Hope that helps but sleep is, IMHO, 1 of 4 pillars in dealing with this.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 at 6am. Was expecting it to be higher after my weak moment yesterday. Dropped off at Dobbies for a father's day treat. Cake and a coffee was promised. I wasn't going to partake in the cake part! Then we were told it was buy one scone get one free! DILEMMA!!! A scone was going free!!! I succumbed and had just the bottom half. With only butter and the cream and a smidgen (And I mean the tiniest bit) of jam. Eat to the meter was out the window. My BS went up from 5.2 to 9.4 over the next 3/4 hours. Was it worth it. My mum always used to say a little bit if what you fancy does you good :) that however is maybe why she ended up diabetic!!!

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 (highest ever for me) at 7.00. Confused but not overly disturbed by this - though I am beginning to question the value of ACV before bed.. Anyway, have a good Monday all; I'm off to watch the marsh harriers at Blacktoft Sands :)

~Heath

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who's blood sugars were over 5 and are going to pilot rocket ships to the moon.

A gentle 7.2 for me this morning, but my rocket ship is staying in the port along side the sherry ( whoops just couldn't resist that hehehehe ).

Well today is the last day of freedom Mrs J returns tonight from Rome where she has been baiting lions and gladiators and the Italian police, no doubt collecting another of those don't come back stamps.

Just for info if you're on insulin you cannot drive, fly or ride if your sugars are below 5 so I have been informed. Not sure if broomsticks are covered in the current regulations.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who's blood sugars were over 5 and are going to pilot rocket ships to the moon.

A gentle 7.2 for me this morning, but my rocket ship is staying in the port along side the sherry ( whoops just couldn't resist that hehehehe ).

Well today is the last day of freedom Mrs J returns tonight from Rome where she has been baiting lions and gladiators and the Italian police, no doubt collecting another of those don't come back stamps.

Just for info if you're on insulin you cannot drive, fly or ride if your sugars are below 5 so I have been informed. Not sure if broomsticks are covered in the current regulations.
Hope Mrs J doesn't read your posts lol

Reactions: flexi06

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
8.8 for me this morning. I expected it because i ate a lot of high carbohydrates food throughout yesterday and coupled with some. bottles of beer on Saturday during my friend's son wedding so I can say I'm guilty