What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Please check my profile. Nearly 26 years ago I had a liver transplant and take a raft of serious and not so serious drugs. Anti rejection drugs, steroids, bile thinners and other drugs to counter the side effects of the anti rejection drugs. My anti rejection drugs coupled with the steroids means my blood sugars are always raised, hence any fasting reading below 6.5 becomes uncomfortable during the day.

The low cholesterol diet coupled with high fat is an absolute no go area for me.
My new liver cannot process protein as efficiently as my original liver hence my high protein diet, yes it gets very complicated very quickly and the switched on doctors all say I stand no chance of controlling my blood sugars.

Thanks for asking and please carry the donor card along with informing your family if you so desire, your call.
Alf being serious for once.
Hey Alf you might remember me I had a double lung transplant and I’m also on a lot of meds including anti rejection drugs and steroids I have never experienced what you have with your blood sugars I hope some day I can help someone who needs something (liver,lung,tissue etc) I wish you luck hopefully no more low bgs for you

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha1bc came back 37. So IF, fasting etc complete waste of time make no difference as I managed the same 2 years ago.:banghead: It does feel a little as though I have totally missed my focus testing and analysing as I could have dialled that number in after the last results. I wonder if I have a limit to my bg level and will never move it from there. Not whinging at a perfectly respectable number just well above my own levels and a very different regime this time. I seem to have gone a very long way round getting back to where I was 2 years ago but seem to be getting much better numbers.

Nice number. Lots of people find their HbA1c doesn’t reflect the numbers seen in BG tests. I’ll try and dig out links to a couple of threads later.

Reactions: Freema

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Back again. Still all over the place. Doc assures me we will nail this soon. 10.1 this morning. Ran out of Sitagliptin day before yesterday, so that may be a contributory factor. Very down about it all.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Treat yourself to pie, chips and baked beans tonight and check your readings in the morning, if it makes things worse at least you will have set a new benchmark hehehehehe.
Lol strange you mentioned pie because earlier today I asked my mum to make a mince pie when we get home luckily I wouldn’t consider my mums pies high carb as she only puts the top on the pie.Mince pie used to be one of the very few things I could eat while I had IPH (idiopathic pulmonary hypertension) along with apples chicken fingers and a lot of jelly ( I’d throw up every time I ate.After my transplant the doctors learned I wasn’t getting enough oxygen to my stomach resulting in me throwing up) thankfully I’m over all that now :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hey Alf you might remember me I had a double lung transplant and I’m also on a lot of meds including anti rejection drugs and steroids I have never experienced what you have with your blood sugars I hope some day I can help someone who needs something (liver,lung,tissue etc) I wish you luck hopefully no more low bgs for you

2 Ziggy's I wasn't sure.
We are probably on nominally the same drugs , but the organs and how the drugs are processed in the body differs The liver is the chemical factory which processes almost everything, ending how we differ with regard to blood sugars. As I said earlier it gets very complicated very quickly.
Best Wishes Alf

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I think I was testing at the wrong time, to get good averages for the day, as my numbers are worse in the afternoon and evening. Going forward, I shall skip the one after breakfast, as its usually low. And check more later as that's when the numbers run away from me. Hopefully that will close the gap between the app and the lab.

Not ignoring your point, I shall still watch the trend, if i can reduce the numbers on the app ...it should still translate to better lab numbers.

One thing I can count on, When my numbers are high, I get pains in the tips my fingers. Thats a sure sign that I am on the wrong side of town and need to double up on my efforts.

Sounds like a good plan.