What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @JohnEGreen In my head I keep hearing a crowd chant "you don't know what you're doing":arghh:

Ahh @ianpspurs, I think you certainly do know what you’re doing- you r disciplined and organised- however you touched on a point earlier worth considering- you said perhaps your body has its own settling bg that maybe you don’t go below. I think this is entirely possible. Perhaps that needs investigation.

Reactions: DJC3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.1 today

managed a bit of a walk yesterday evening and it was very windy, but it's better exercise I suppose working against a head wind. Wind has dropped a bit, thankfully, so I'm hoping to do better later today :)

One of our neighbours has had some work done on a retaining bank and, because it's been planted, the contractor put a huge sheet of lightweight mesh sacking over the area weighted down with stones to protect the plants until they get established, this has turned into a massive flag, flapping and making slapping noises blowing about in the wind so I'll bet they are glad it's not so windy this morning too ;)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning fellow bloodletters 7.0 for me this morning. I can tell you I do not like that one bit. I have been pretty good with carbs so do not “deserve” this number. I changed my dosage of hrt patch from 50 to 75 (and brand of patch- they say say their patch delivers more than others) limited research shows that unopposed oestrogen often lowers bg ( did not say how quickly) but I’m certain today and yesterday’s raised numbers are due to this. Will watch this issue.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahh @ianpspurs, I think you certainly do know what you’re doing- you r disciplined and organised- however you touched on a point earlier worth considering- you said perhaps your body has its own settling bg that maybe you don’t go below. I think this is entirely possible. Perhaps that needs investigation.
Thanks @flexi06 but it appears that the instrument I use for checking how well my supposed discipline is working is neither accurate nor fit for purpose. As for the personal bottom level I am willing to shake the tree harder/differently for at least another year before accepting that.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @flexi06 but it appears that the instrument I use for checking how well my supposed discipline is working is neither accurate nor fit for purpose. As for the personal bottom level I am willing to shake the tree harder/differently for at least another year before accepting that.

What? Your meter? Which one is it ?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What? Your meter? Which one is it ?
@flexi06 The meter is a Tee 2 but I am not implying this example is faulty just expressing frustration that even when it works as it should there is a "lack of fit" between what it measures/shows and what the Hba1c measures. Judging how to adjust each period of readings from the meter - up or down - seems impossible. I thought I had allowed plenty of leeway this time but was way out.

Reactions: geefull and flexi06

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 which is a fantastic result after hosting a dinner party last night. 3 courses. Tempura battered prawns with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce!!! Low carb moussaka and salad then 85% chocolate dipped strawberries. 2 glasses of red. Coffee with cream. You really could not tell that it was a low carb affair. My friends loved it. And so did my mysugr :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@flexi06 The meter is a Tee 2 but I am not implying this example is faulty just expressing frustration that even when it works as it should there is a "lack of fit" between what it measures/shows and what the Hba1c measures. Judging how to adjust each period of readings from the meter - up or down - seems impossible. I thought I had allowed plenty of leeway this time but was way out.

Hi @ianpspurs, as has been suggested already, perhaps eat to the meter. Of course you could end up stabbing yourself to death.
I am on the waiting list for a Libra as I think that sticking a patch on with the ability to monitor any time I like is appealing.
Out on my bike yesterday, I had a baby Bell and 4 nuts for breakfast at about 0930 and a small cooked breakfast for lunch. Now riding a bike does take its toll, especially as I was on a demanding course, and my blood sugars dropped and I could feel it going. A slice of Yorkshire curd tart at the afternoon kofee stop sorted it out. Anyhow.