What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all thanks for the good lucks it worked:happy: Another 5kg off in just 2 weeks that's just short of 4 stone in 3 months ( still have another 5 days of month yet LOL):):cool::happy::singing::joyful: Off one of my blood pressure tablets:) blood glucose 4.5:happy: Just got to wait for my HbA1c:joyful:

Last edited:
Reactions: Goacher55

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
When myself and Mrs K came back from France last year we brought back numerous tins of cassoulet . I believe a small portion as supper quite late in the evening (8:30) contributed to this mornings reading of 5.9. I'll have to test this one out properly next time ( testing pre and post eating ) - or simply avoid it . Other than that yesterday was a mega activity day , 20,000 steps on the Fitbit and this morning its still sunny. Its weather like this I travel to France for , enjoy it if you possibly can......

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Good morning- whilst I’m still actively losing weight I’ve decided not to place too much stock in my numbers provided they stay inside recommended parameters. Too hard to compute all the variables. 6.4 this morning - the world will not shatter.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all a very nice 5.2 which is nice. and very, very, very surprised that my annual telling off turned into a "well done" I was so shocked I couldn't speak!! My hb1ac has gone down from 79 to 63. And to have your Consultant actually tell you well done is unheard of. So disappointingly I wasn't told off, I was so looking forward to it as well!!

take care everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.1 at 0745 after a restless night on the sofa, just too hot upstairs. Theres talk of thundery rain tomo aft and I am getting excited like a kid before Christmas. Great result @Terrytiddy amazing weight loss. Also @johnpol good result congrats on your Well Done. If only they gave air miles or nectar points.
Have a good day all, I’m in your camp @ Bubbsie after hair do this morning I will be hiding.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today - not really damaging but as the saying goes when you get complacent in a fight shi* wins, @johnpol congratulations even though you had steeled yourself for a different scenario, @Goonergal good fbg - I'd hake that.in a heartbeat @DJC3 being the Duracel bunny yesterday paid off in fbg. @OrsonKartt cassoulet is something I miss and is in the section of my mind headed worth a spike for.
One of the baby girls will definitely arrive later today and she will be born in Cambridge just like her granddad. I have a delivery of a repaired lawnmower , drill, bricks and tarpaulins to make to Lakenheath (Brecklands, Suffolk) as no 3 son is sorting out his new home.

Last edited: