What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...still firmly on the diabetes ladder...BG up...then down...then up...then down again...spent the last three days up & down to Manchester working...absolutely shattered now...woke to a 6.7...I've been waking in the sixes for the last couple of weeks....although interestingly enough in the low fives most of the day...certain this heat is responsible...cooler weather at the weekend hopefully...perhaps a short rain dance later this morning?

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Lovely and quiet here too, which is especially welcome as there is a major problem with anti social behaviour in the park opposite my block in the evenings during the summer. Major campaign under way with my neighbours involving the local MP. Meanwhile I’m fantasising about buying an extremely large and powerful hose that could be targeted appropriately from the safety of an upper window!
Careful now - I hear there is likely to be a water ban in certain areas if this weather continues.....

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A respectable 6.6 this morning I’ve been in hospital since Sunday morning on. Il by mouth apart from 6 hours yesterday after having my scans and waiting for the surgery fasting to start. According to the medical staff blood pressure and blood sugars go much higher when you’re in pain.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all 4.9 this morning
Planning day out to a local market town Leominster in welsh borders - taking mum looking forward to a sunny but not as hot a day, although heat great for our outdoor swim yesterday - felt like being on holiday in the med! It was my mums first outdoor dip in the uk for a very very long time!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A respectable 6.6 this morning I’ve been in hospital since Sunday morning on. According to the medical staff blood pressure and blood sugars go much higher when you’re in pain.
@Goacher55 Hope all goes well and your numbers settle. My stats agree with your medical staff. Fbg a stellar 6.1, resting pulse up considerably, both in the space of day and a half Sunday morning was good all round. Yesterday I was hobbling about using a walking stick and shovelling Naproxen into me wholesale. They make me very hungry and sleepy as well.
@OrsonKartt idyllic start and lovely detail; @Goonergal are you BOJO in disguise? - think he had a spare water cannon going cheap. Have a good day folks.

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
A respectable 6.6 this morning I’ve been in hospital since Sunday morning on. Il by mouth apart from 6 hours yesterday after having my scans and waiting for the surgery fasting to start. According to the medical staff blood pressure and blood sugars go much higher when you’re in pain.
Get well soon.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Good luck with it all and getting better

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone not such a fantastic night last night woke up around 2am feeling hypo BG was 4.5 but I felt shaky and cold my usual hypo symptoms then after that couldn’t get back to sleep due to stomach pains took two headache tablets but they didn’t do much eventually got to sleep around six this morning today’s BG is 4.8

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
6.8 again am using steroidcream at the moment on excema wondering if thats what raises my blood glucose ?
@Freema its pretty likely my prednisone is one of the reasons I have diabetes (prednisone is a steroid)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sending hugs x