What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
No it can depend on the potency of the cream and how long you are using it also or so I was told by my GP.
Though must add that I have used Canesten HC cream for a short period with no ill effects my doctor was hesitant to prescribe it as had already taken me off my preventer inhaler as he thought I was getting too much steroids in my system on top of my preds.

Reactions: millenium

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
morning everyone a high 9.8, but I think this ill feeling I have had for the last few days might now be affecting my readings, the merry-go-round that is diabetes is now in full swing!

Take care everyone.

Louie59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, 5.0 for me today. good news about the low card diet plan. I have been on a low carb diet (sort of) and I have dropped three tablets and lost 1kg in weight. My blood reading have also dropped quite a bit in the last 6 months so hopefully this will continue. :). Have a good day all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...still waiting for the rain & the cooler weather...where is it?...another diabetes ambush....I woke to a 6.9 ...my BG and the weather are definitely in alignment...I refuse to panic … that's what they want the &*^%$£:)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
So I've just managed 3 days in a row with all my daily tests averaging under 6 (pre and post meal). Today was a slight cheat though because I accidentally left my meter at home so missed a few tests.
That said at dinner (veg stir fry, with baked salmon) I had half a bag of prawn crackers (no rice or noodles) and plenty of sweet chilli sauce and a couple of squares of dark chocolate for my pudding...I only went up from 5.9 to 6.3....happy days.
Certainly an improvement today on yesterday when I just felt sluggish, tired and a bit miserable all day - a hangover from doing too much exercise and getting too much sun on Sunday I think.
Goodnight fellow finger-spikers.
@rhubarb73 ive cheated the last couple of days too if I’m not eating lunch I don’t check my BG

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all 4.9 today very happy with that. Last week my mum missed my brother so much she payed for him to come home until Thursday so tonight we are going to little wing for dinner I just hope my stomach doesn’t play up

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
@rhubarb73 ive cheated the last couple of days too if I’m not eating lunch I don’t check my BG

That’s not cheating that’s fasting! Frankly Ziggy you have so much to put up with that no one could ever accuse you of cheating- your posts help me keep my own challenges in perspective- hope you have a pain free day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.7 today - not good but signs of recovery. I need some cheery news, noticed it is getting dark much earlier so 8-9 months of cold. dark conditions and stupid amounts of clothing on the way - worst of all actually sleeping inside the duvet. I love cheering people up in the morning:angelic:
As @rhubarb73 said, @Ziggy2017 you help us all keep things in perspective - (but I still can't find any way to like autumn or winter and most of spring)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - nice and fresh and bright here
5.0 this morning
Hoping that eldest son will be well enough - as he’s hoping to come along for a late birthday celebration having missed the day. Well you can never have too many birthday celebrations!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

no idea what the weather is going to do today, it turned out hot yesterday but we managed a bit of gardening at mum's anyway. I'm doing an extra morning at the charity shop today to cover for holidays so I hope it's not too cool (no heating on at this time of year).

Hope your day is a good one :)

@ianpspurs I'm not a great fan of winter either :(

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Terrytiddy. I am onboard with the view that LC may be fine for cholesterol and my own numbers support that. Fasting for longer periods may be less helpful - LDL and ratios are fine in my case but Trigs are not where I want them - fasting is not for me anymore. Trigs are fine in my case but are better without fasting so it goes. Other people may be fine so I just wondered as some things I read suggested that link i.e. fasting and even IF raising cholesterol.
Interesting and @Terrytiddy thank you for link I love a good lecture about cholesterol now and will watch it later - what am I like!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

no idea what the weather is going to do today, it turned out hot yesterday but we managed a bit of gardening at mum's anyway. I'm doing an extra morning at the charity shop today to cover for holidays so I hope it's not too cool (no heating on at this time of year).

Hope your day is a good one :)

@ianpspurs I'm not a great fan of winter either :(
Love your - hope it’s not too cool- @geefull so speaks someone who has lost a lot of her internal central heating or extra body fat layers! Iwhen bigger I never used to feel the cold just the heat. Mind you you are also much nearer the North Pole!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to all who think the foot the ball season has started far to early in the decade hehehehe.

A 6.4 from me this morning.

Today I shall be committing motorcycle mayhem on my bike, now the temperature has dropped it should be comfortable riding with all the gear on.
Have a good day folks I intend to if allowed by Mrs J.