What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.6 this am. Thanks for the concern @ianpspurs and @Goonergal. I had a fairly plesent day in hospital, it was elective of course, and I am mighty grateful to have a diagnosis of any sort.
@Goacher55, sounds like you went through some drama. Hope you are feeling better and on the mend.

Sunny and cool here. Long walk on the cards for me. Have a good day everyone.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone last nights BG was 9.3 probably due to the pizza I got from little wing last night even though I only got a kids portion due to stomach pain this mornings BG was 4.9 just rechecked due to not wanting breakfast and I’m 4.7

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone last nights BG was 9.3 probably due to the pizza I got from little wing last night even though I only got a kids portion due to stomach pain this mornings BG was 4.9 just rechecked due to not wanting breakfast and I’m 4.7
The hug is for the stomach problems and not wanting breakfast. Are the doctors anywhere near helping with the stomach issues?

Reactions: Cumberland

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi everyone the results of my sample have came back normal so my mum asked the dr if he could take a look at my stomach but he said no and that I have to go to my GP to get referred onto adults gastro again not very happy same dr as last time and he doesn’t seem to care even though when I was sick as a child he was my dr for years I guess since I’m not in his care anymore I’m just treated like rubbish

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She must be one of the oldest low carb adopters at 87 years of age - 88 at end of this year! Just a bit of modification to moderate carbs seems to have improved her health and she’s enjoying what she eats.

That’s great! Wish I could get my dad to follow suit.

Reactions: millenium