What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't there a UN Convention banning that kind of cruelty - Yorkshire?:bigtears: Nice number btw but not sure it excuses that kind of treatment of senior citizens.:angelic:
Don’t diss my birthplace Ian! One of my birthday cards read - you can take the lass out of Yorkshire but you can’t take Yorkshire out of the lass! My mum can’t wait to get back to her bingo ...........

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Isn't there a UN Convention banning that kind of cruelty - Yorkshire?:bigtears: Nice number btw but not sure it excuses that kind of treatment of senior citizens.:angelic:
@shelley262 don’t listen to him -Yorkshire is a beautiful and fine place. Whereabouts in this enormous county are you heading?

Reactions: Cumberland

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
14.7 this morning, getting very frustrated with these stupid numbers!
Good morning @LornaFarrell. This condition can be very frustrating and well meaning wallies like me trying be helpful may not help. However, at lest you test and know where you are which has to be better than having no idea. Plenty of people on here have started with high levels and used the wisdom of these boards to gain control.
There, just made things worse but I was trying to help:angelic:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t diss my birthplace Ian! One of my birthday cards read - you can take a girl out of Yorkshire but you can’t take Yorkshire out of the girl! My mum can’t wait to get back to her bingo ...........
Shared a flat at Uni with a 2 Yorkshire lads @shelley262 and remain friends 40 years on with one. Strange breed and when they become "professional Yorkshiremen" I don't think they are being ironic. The only saving grace is they are not Welsh - (Mrs P doesn't read this so no visits to A and E)
Edit: 1 of the Yorkies is Godfather to my middle son

Last edited:

LornaFarrell

Good morning @LornaFarrell. This condition can be very frustrating and well meaning wallies like me trying be helpful may not help. However, at lest you test and know where you are which has to be better than having no idea. Plenty of people on here have started with high levels and used the wisdom of these boards to gain control.
There, just made things worse but I was trying to help:angelic:

Thanks Ian, I’m caught in an annoying trap where one consultant told me I was T1 but another disagrees (because “fat people cant be T1” basically!) so I don’t have access to training on carb counting and am trying to figure it all out on my own. Dare say I’ll get there in the end, a few weeks ago I rarely saw less than 20 so that’s an improvement

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian, I’m caught in an annoying trap where one consultant told me I was T1 but another disagrees (because “fat people cant be T1” basically!) so I don’t have access to training on carb counting and am trying to figure it all out on my own. Dare say I’ll get there in the end, a few weeks ago I rarely saw less than 20 so that’s an improvement
@LornaFarrell one way to carb count is to use the nutritional information on supermarket websites. Another is to simply google carbohydrate in whatever food. There are also apps for free - mine happens to be built into my fitbit. Anyhow, dropping from 20 to 14 is a major improvement.:woot:

LornaFarrell

@LornaFarrell one way to carb count is to use the nutritional information on supermarket websites. Another is to simply google carbohydrate in whatever food. There are also apps for free - mine happens to be built into my fitbit. Anyhow, dropping from 20 to 14 is a major improvement.:woot:

It’s not so much the actual counting as matching my insulin to what I’m eating. Always too high or too low!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s not so much the actual counting as matching my insulin to what I’m eating. Always too high or too low!
OK. I gather that is a real issue. Plenty of insulin users on here who may be able to help. This is an incredibly helpful place. I guess you would call it the acceptable face of Social Media.
Any insulin users reading this with tips for a damsel in distress?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. Great to be home even to a messy house. Busy two days to turn around. 5.5 at 0800 which makes me happy.
@ianpspurs less of dead cat bounce even if Mrs P is allergic!
@Goonergal amazing number for you.
@LornaFarrell I hope you get more constructive help from your HCPs but you are doing your best obviouslyand you care and thats half the battle. Keep going.
@shelley262 have a safe journey back to Barnsley, sounds like your mum had a wonderful break with you. The choc olive oil cake recipe got me wondering about the Nigella clementine cake recipe being suitable. It has 3 medium fruit in the whole cake but divided out between portions that might not be too carby. What do you think?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

a breezy 11'C and quite cool here at the moment, we had torrential rain yesterday evening which seems to have knocked the temperature down quite a bit. I need my woolly now that I don't have my internal jacket ;)

@Ziggy2017 nice pic :)

@Debandez Thanks so much for the work you are putting into making this event happen, I wish I could be there in person to meet you and the others, but, hopefully next time :)

Great fbs @geefull

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. Great to be home even to a messy house. Busy two days to turn around. 5.5 at 0800 which makes me happy.
@ianpspurs less of dead cat bounce even if Mrs P is allergic!
@Goonergal amazing number for you.
@LornaFarrell I hope you get more constructive help from your HCPs but you are doing your best obviouslyand you care and thats half the battle. Keep going.
@shelley262 have a safe journey back to Barnsley, sounds like your mum had a wonderful break with you. The choc olive oil cake recipe got me wondering about the Nigella clementine cake recipe being suitable. It has 3 medium fruit in the whole cake but divided out between portions that might not be too carby. What do you think?
Not sure about clementine cake - it depends on how you react? It may be worth you experimenting with a bit of the fruit to see how you react unless lots of family willing to eat the cake if it spikes you! Personally it wouldn’t be on my list but that’s partly because I try to keep under 20g and avoid all fruit except for a few berries and I’ve now found some cakes that work for me. Good luck if you do and let us know. Journey not until tomorrow but thanks for good wishes it’s preparation day today!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Lorna don’t stress, lots of help on here
good morning all :)

4.3 today

a breezy 11'C and quite cool here at the moment, we had torrential rain yesterday evening which seems to have knocked the temperature down quite a bit. I need my woolly now that I don't have my internal jacket ;)

@Ziggy2017 nice pic :)

@Debandez Thanks so much for the work you are putting into making this event happen, I wish I could be there in person to meet you and the others, but, hopefully next time :)

It's going to be so worth it. I can feel it in my bones (and I can feel more of my bones these days!!!). I hope to meet you at the next meeting @geefull :)