What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Very late posting today. After a bright and early start yesterday my feeling slightly off key rapidly turned into some kind of virus - a bit like flu but without the head cold. Perked up a bit now.

Bloods not too bad, although did run a bit higher than usual yesterday. This morning saw a 4.3 waking reading so happy with that.

@Goacher55 and @Canvaspic I hope you are both feeling better.

@ianpspurs another vote for summer over winter and dogs over cats

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Personally I try not to skip meals. I know some find it, or longer fasting helpful but I set myself some rules one of which is to try not to get hungry- a diet plan where you lose weight without getting hungry is a winning strategy for me. I’m getting close to BMI normal healthy weight now.
I’ll keep the fasts in the toolbox for later.
@rhubarb73 my diabetes isn’t weight related it’s due to steroids I have to take for my lungs the reason I’ve skipped a few meals is because of my stomach pain

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
9565C22D-0EB5-4309-864E-6BD1600C6BFB.jpeg
Yes, 2 dogs. It helps that my wife is allergic to cats so there has never been an issue. My oldest son and his partner have cats and even short visits see her react quite badly.
@ianpspurs love dogs unfortunately I can only be around hypoallergenic ones for my lungs so I’ll stick with Ziggy he’s a shih zhu and jessie (here’s a picture of jessie and I) (sorry if it’s in the wrong place I can’t work these things very well) jessie is a Maltese

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
@rhubarb73 my diabetes isn’t weight related it’s due to steroids I have to take for my lungs the reason I’ve skipped a few meals is because of my stomach pain
Sorry if I misunderstood. Thank you for explaining- I don’t really understand your condition. I barely understand my own.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

a breezy 11'C and quite cool here at the moment, we had torrential rain yesterday evening which seems to have knocked the temperature down quite a bit. I need my woolly now that I don't have my internal jacket ;)

@Ziggy2017 nice pic :)

@Debandez Thanks so much for the work you are putting into making this event happen, I wish I could be there in person to meet you and the others, but, hopefully next time :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Cooler and obviously some overnight rain. 5.3 for me today which is an improvement but a reverse "dead cat bounce". As the saying goes it will be a hard row to hoe for me for some time methinks. Probably should have happened a long time ago so this week may be a very heavily disguised blessing.
@geefull hugs for woolies just now; @Goonergal great number but far too early to be watching Sky Transfer centre. If Levy signs Grealish and/or sells Toby he needs sectioning asap:banghead:

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all definitely a wake up under the duvet morning today!
4.6 this morning
A sorting out mum day planned today as taking her back to Yorkshire tomorrow morning - including baking her some low carb goodies that she has discovered she likes. She must be one of the oldest low carb adopters at 87 years of age - 88 at end of this year! Just a bit of modification to moderate carbs seems to have improved her health and she’s enjoying what she eats.